LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Okay as for my dad's study on Anime fanatics being dumb...You have to remember, that's just a conjecture, just because his study clearly showed that most Anime fans have lower than normal IQ's, doesn't mean everyone of them do.

As for you guys keep coming up with the bullshit about US shows having "Bad plot lines" Thats complete bullshit, there are many TV shows out there in the US that have great plot lines.

In my perspective, Anime plots are all the same thing, there was one movie I watched, Spirited Away, which I thought was pretty cool, but it seems like every Anime TV show, or movie has a very similar plots to each other. I mean its always some dumbass paranormal crap that takes over a town or large area, then some guy comes in and destroys it somehow.

As far as it being a "Detailed" animation, thats bullshit...every shot is just a guy's mouth moving, or some sort of ridiculous walking motion..look at the people in the backgrounds for God's sake, they're all still and not moving...

Member #
    Friends
    we have an anime society at my school. when the kids who do morning announcements say theres an anime meeting after school you can tell their on the verge of laughing. "your encouraged to come in costume *snicker*" lol i actually have a friend who is into some anime like bleach or w/e and even he says he will not stoop low enough to join an anime club.

personally, i beleive there is only 1 anime. POKEMON! lol, but really, i find all this anime stuff very uninteresting.

it's equivelent to american animators writing the simpsons and taking all the humor out of it and replacing it with horribly animated gore. imagine Homer cutting barts head off instead of choking him. then saying "you have dishonored yourself" or somethign gay like that.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

WiiChat Pwner ^^ wii_girliefairie's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8635-5610-1628-7030
    die, ppl that dont like anime/think ppl that like anime are stupid/ other ppl like that.

I'm a Rising star, In this forum.
    ~Join the Zelda Fan Club (ZFC)~
    Spoiler Alert!

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by Krohn
    Okay as for my dad's study on Anime fanatics being dumb...You have to remember, that's just a conjecture, just because his study clearly showed that most Anime fans have lower than normal IQ's, doesn't mean everyone of them do.
    Dont forget people
    YOUR TAX dollars paid for this reasurch
    Where as id rather have my tax money spent on usefull things like A cure for cancer or How can the roiling stones keep tourin or even makein a rich tea biscuit that dosnt break into your brew
    Surly that last one is more important than your blatant lie about your dad

In my perspective, Anime plots are all the same thing, there was one movie I watched, Spirited Away, which I thought was pretty cool, but it seems like every Anime TV show, or movie has a very similar plots to each other. I mean its always some dumbass paranormal crap that takes over a town or large area, then some guy comes in and destroys it somehow.
    Compare the following -Naruto, Kikis delivary service, Minami-ke, Samurai X, kasimasi, death note, black lagoon, Porco rosso, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Excel saga, Dead leaves, FLCL or Lucky star
    I think you will find that there all different (there are loads more)
    As far as it being a "Detailed" animation, thats bullshit...every shot is just a guy's mouth moving, or some sort of ridiculous walking motion..look at the people in the backgrounds for God's sake, they're all still and not moving...
    Puts forward
    Samurai X, Shiguri (whoa I go all arty on your arse) Dead leaves (going MTV on your arse), FLCL

Seriously
    Do you only watch the stuff that they put on tv ?
    Id like to point out that theres a lot of stuff on tv that looks like anime but isnt

it's equivelent to american animators writing the simpsons and taking all the humor out of it and replacing it with horribly animated gore. imagine Homer cutting barts head off instead of choking him. then saying "you have dishonored yourself" or somethign gay like that.
    You must of only seen a few animes
    Not all anime has gore
    *Looks at his Studio Ghibli DVDS*

As for you guys keep coming up with the bullshit about US shows having "Bad plot lines" Thats complete bullshit, there are many TV shows out there in the US that have great plot lines.
    I hold my hands up here not all US tv programs have a bad plot
    Some dont even have one
    Lets film some celebratory doing things that every body else dose
    Then theres a lot that are just plane rip offs from UK tv then we get there shite on our tv
    So the circle of TV is complete
    Last edited by DBloke; 01-20-2008 at 10:43 AM.

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    4185-4226-9233-5237

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Who was that aimed at ?
    If it was me
    Right back at ya

Rule of internets #something -
    Dont try to get into a image battle with DarkPrinny
    he has a internets worth of pics

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4185-4226-9233-5237
    No it's the mostly the OP and the equally horrible responses by some of the people "supporting" anime. There's just too much noobery to respond to.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny
    Dont forget people
    YOUR TAX dollars paid for this reasurch
    Where as id rather have my tax money spent on usefull things like A cure for cancer or How can the roiling stones keep tourin or even makein a rich tea biscuit that dosnt break into your brew
    Surly that last one is more important than your blatant lie about your dad

Compare the following -Naruto, Kikis delivary service, Minami-ke, Samurai X, kasimasi, death note, black lagoon, Porco rosso, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Excel saga, Dead leaves, FLCL or Lucky star
    I think you will find that there all different (there are loads more)
    Puts forward
    Samurai X, Shiguri (whoa I go all arty on your arse) Dead leaves (going MTV on your arse), FLCL

Seriously
    Do you only watch the stuff that they put on tv ?
    Id like to point out that theres a lot of stuff on tv that looks like anime but isnt

You must of only seen a few animes
    Not all anime has gore
    *Looks at his Studio Ghibli DVDS*

I hold my hands up here not all US tv programs have a bad plot
    Some dont even have one
    Lets film some celebratory doing things that every body else dose
    Then theres a lot that are just plane rip offs from UK tv then we get there shite on our tv
    So the circle of TV is complete
    Prinny just summed everything up. Most people think that anyone who watches "Naruto", "DBZ", and "One Piece" an anime fan. They're not. As Prinny mentioned, some of the best animes that are out there can't be seen on telivision (American or European television anyway). You've got a very biased opinion considering it's based on the "conventional anime fan" (i.e. the person who's obsessed with Naruto, DBZ, and One Piece).

For the record, I'm in Latin IV which happens to have 3 kids in an anime club...and they are also some of the smartest kids I've ever met. Granted their poorest subject is math, they do remarkably well in all other categories.

You talk about anime as if it's a plague and anyone who watches it is a loser...which isn't true. I mean, look at Prinny.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    My dad, who is a scientist, is an anime fan himself, Krohn. His very name is echoed on the streets everyday here in Australia and in areas of Southern Asia too, i believe. Maybe my Dad could teach your Dad a thing or two some day..... ... ...

Playing Disgaea 3, Star Ocean: The Last Hope
    Watching Valkyria Chronicles, Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger, FMA: Brotherhood

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    @ssbb_Lover - Well theres one way of tellin what anime is good and that is to check some reviews
    http://www.anime-source.com/banzai/m...php?name=Anime
    (Disputes Twelve kingdoms beein in there as it started well but got rly dull towards the end)(Likes that Smaurai X is still at the top)
    All you have rly got to do is ignore the every body watchies long as heck anime (Naruto, bleach, Yu-gi-oh) then you will find some of the best

Quote Originally Posted by Clarke
    No it's the mostly the OP and the equally horrible responses by some of the people "supporting" anime. There's just too much noobery to respond to.
    You just did respond to it

Fell free to join in with your own opinions

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Ads