LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 137
  1. #41
    The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    55490
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lostlorn Forest
    Posts
    16,259
    Friends
    123
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Awesome, Platinum kicks ass, no?

    That's off topic, though. This thread is (currently) for a debate, not when you got Platinum. :P

    The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

    Spoiler Alert!

  2. #42
    WiiChat Member matty_poo's Avatar
    Member #
    58510
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    32
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    my bad, i think that pokemon need people....and yeah it totally rocks! =D
    Wii Friend Code:3624-8618-1447-4275
    Mario Kart:4597-5488-9537 & my lil bro:1591-0718-0519
    SDVR2009:4039-1459-3919
    SSBB:4683-4483-1904
    GHWT:1376-3180-4027

  3. #43
    WiiChat Member rihopo2's Avatar
    Member #
    55671
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    79
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Geez. I didn't think that so many people would get into this. I just posted it out boredom from having nothing better to do/ insomnia. That's pretty funny.

    But seriously guys, there are too many "what if's" preventing this discussion from getting too far. What if Alakazams are super intelligent beings but they're good natured(as someone said earlier) What if they're were to suddenly become evil? the point is that there are too many variables,which leads me to my initial statement that it doesn't make much sense for most of the super powerful, god-like pokemon to be allowed to be ruled by far inferior creatures such as humans. I mean, a pokemon that can control space and time is clearly much more intelligent and powerful than a mere human being.

    Pokemon being ruled by humans is akin to allowing monkeys to rule us. We are clearly smarter than them and are therefore at the top of the food chain. Considering this, I can only assume that the smartest beings in existance at any point in time will always be at the top of the food chain unless something changes that puts some other trait other than intelligence in favor for survival. I mean, It doesn't help that we are the most intelligent beings if our atmosphere were to suddenly dissapaear. But then again, It could if were were to be intelligent enought to survive through such a catastrophic event(i.e. we're so smart we invent some way to create an artificial atmosphere which would sustain us). That would proabably wipe us out and we would end up extinct. Any other creature which could survive without an atmosphere would then be at the top.

    But since were' talking about super powerful, super intelligent,pokemon existing at the same time as humans in under the same conditions, I believe I make a correct assumption in saying that The smartest beings would have to be the ones that would be at the top of the food chain, which in this case are not humans. But yet humans are on top in the pokemon world. That's what doesn't make sense. Why don't super powerful, super intelligent humans enslave humans and force them to fight each other instead? Why would they allow themselves to be practically enslaved, when they could be doing the enslaving? Clearly, they're smart enough for it(some of them) and Strong enough for it. to say that they "need" a human is foolish if clearly, the super intelligent, super powerful pokemon really don't need to be stronger.


    Brawl Fc: 5198 3675 0426

    Call of Duty MWR: 0877-4329-7451

    PM Me If You Add Me. Thnx.

  4. #44
    The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    55490
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lostlorn Forest
    Posts
    16,259
    Friends
    123
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by rihopo2 View Post
    But since were' talking about super powerful, super intelligent,pokemon existing at the same time as humans in under the same conditions, I believe I make a correct assumption in saying that The smartest beings would have to be the ones that would be at the top of the food chain, which in this case are not humans. But yet humans are on top in the pokemon world. That's what doesn't make sense. Why don't super powerful, super intelligent humans enslave humans and force them to fight each other instead? Why would they allow themselves to be practically enslaved, when they could be doing the enslaving? Clearly, they're smart enough for it(some of them) and Strong enough for it. to say that they "need" a human is foolish if clearly, the super intelligent, super powerful pokemon really don't need to be stronger.
    Pokemon doesn't make sense. ;D

    Lol, on a more serious note... All my previous posts show humans havn't "practically enslaved" pokemon, they're more along the lines of partners. It's obvious both humans and pokemon don't need this partnership, but I generally see this as making both their lives easier.

    Also, pokemon are generally peaceful. Not all pokemon are... friendly, considering some are just vile (Tyranitar, again) or can't cooperate with others (Carnivorous pokemon like Arbok), but most pokemon are all for peace. In their natural enviorment, if that pokemon isn't overprotective/angry/knows humans won't be of harm, they're generally accepting, and wouldn't start a fight.

    This isn't as much as true for pokemon to other pokemon, but on average most pokemon are accepting of humans. ... That, and why start a war, lulz. The smartest of the smart pokemon, like Alakazam, know that a war is completely pointless and would only cause the world to become miserable.

    By the way, just to say... Not all pokemon can evolve in the wild. Pokemon like Alakazam need to be traded to evolve, so... yeah. Just thought I'd mention.

    The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

    Spoiler Alert!

  5. #45
    WiiChat Member rihopo2's Avatar
    Member #
    55671
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    79
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Pokemon doesn't make sense. ;D

    Lol, on a more serious note... All my previous posts show humans havn't "practically enslaved" pokemon, they're more along the lines of partners. It's obvious both humans and pokemon don't need this partnership, but I generally see this as making both their lives easier.

    Also, pokemon are generally peaceful. Not all pokemon are... friendly, considering some are just vile (Tyranitar, again) or can't cooperate with others (Carnivorous pokemon like Arbok), but most pokemon are all for peace. In their natural enviorment, if that pokemon isn't overprotective/angry/knows humans won't be of harm, they're generally accepting, and wouldn't start a fight.

    This isn't as much as true for pokemon to other pokemon, but on average most pokemon are accepting of humans. ... That, and why start a war, lulz. The smartest of the smart pokemon, like Alakazam, know that a war is completely pointless and would only cause the world to become miserable.

    By the way, just to say... Not all pokemon can evolve in the wild. Pokemon like Alakazam need to be traded to evolve, so... yeah. Just thought I'd mention.

    I wouldn't consider it it a partnership if someone captured me and forced me to fight when clearly, I was doing just fine on my own.otherwise, the pokemon wouldn't fight previous to being captured right? they'd just allow themselves to be captured.


    so if the smartest of the smart pokemon know what you say, is it really smart to allow themselves to be "used" in the way they will be used. I wouldn't let that happen to me. I'd find some peaceful way to resolve the issue, but sometimes, violence is necessary when all other peaceful options have failed. Similar to telling someone who is attacking you to stop, but they are clearly hell bent on killing you. The only choice left is the violent one:Retaliation .


    and to the bolded part: Now THAT doesn't make any sense at all


    Brawl Fc: 5198 3675 0426

    Call of Duty MWR: 0877-4329-7451

    PM Me If You Add Me. Thnx.

  6. #46
    The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    55490
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lostlorn Forest
    Posts
    16,259
    Friends
    123
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    T'is true, Kadabra, Haunter, Porygon, and a mess of other pokemon only evolve when traded. :P

    Why do you think pokemon bond with their trainers? Once captured, a pokemon grows closer to it's trainer, partly through battling. Whether or not you know, it's been stated countless times pokemon actually enjoy battling; not in a life or death/injury-filled kind of battling, but more of a friendly-competitive battling. Mainly, battling other wild pokemon, other trainer's pokemon, etc.

    In one of the pokemon games, I can't remember the entire story clearly, but in a library in one of the books ends with "and so when humans walk into tall grass (or something like that), pokemon will always appear prepared". What it's implying, is that wild pokemon aren't necesarrily fighting for freedom; they're fighting to test if that trainer is worth being their owner, to test that trainer's pokemon.

    Pokemon definatly aren't being used. Some "bad guys" and organizations like Team Rocket do abuse pokemon, both physically and in criminal ways, but again, pokemon are partners to their human trainers, not tools. This is practically one of the cornerstones of pokemon itself (or atleast the anime), that pokemon are much more than tools. They're life long partners to help you through thick and thin (... corny).

    I do agree violence is indeed necesarry at times; and since you're implying the smartest pokemon would know, why havn't they rebelled before? Because there's no need.

    A question... Did you ever watch the original anime? I assume no, since you're saying things that would make absolutely no sense to someone who did watch it, lol.

    The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

    Spoiler Alert!

  7. #47
    WiiChat Member rihopo2's Avatar
    Member #
    55671
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    79
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    T'is true, Kadabra, Haunter, Porygon, and a mess of other pokemon only evolve when traded. :P

    Why do you think pokemon bond with their trainers? Once captured, a pokemon grows closer to it's trainer, partly through battling. Whether or not you know, it's been stated countless times pokemon actually enjoy battling; not in a life or death/injury-filled kind of battling, but more of a friendly-competitive battling. Mainly, battling other wild pokemon, other trainer's pokemon, etc.

    In one of the pokemon games, I can't remember the entire story clearly, but in a library in one of the books ends with "and so when humans walk into tall grass (or something like that), pokemon will always appear prepared". What it's implying, is that wild pokemon aren't necesarrily fighting for freedom; they're fighting to test if that trainer is worth being their owner, to test that trainer's pokemon.

    Pokemon definatly aren't being used. Some "bad guys" and organizations like Team Rocket do abuse pokemon, both physically and in criminal ways, but again, pokemon are partners to their human trainers, not tools. This is practically one of the cornerstones of pokemon itself (or atleast the anime), that pokemon are much more than tools. They're life long partners to help you through thick and thin (... corny).

    I do agree violence is indeed necesarry at times; and since you're implying the smartest pokemon would know, why havn't they rebelled before? Because there's no need.

    A question... Did you ever watch the original anime? I assume no, since you're saying things that would make absolutely no sense to someone who did watch it, lol.

    Dude. that's really corny. And no, I never watched it. I stuck to the games ; and only the first few, up until crystal version, the good ol days of pokemon. (To me anyways).

    So they actually like fighting each other, even when forced into it? I'm looking at it from my perspective. IF I was a boxer, obviously I would like fighting. But I wouldn't like it if I was captured, and then forced to fight other people in exchange for a "friend". Also, I wouldn't ask my trainer to beat the crap out of me to see if he is worthy of training me.

    Why is there no need for the pokemon to rebel? Who would like being forced into anything? eventually, I think they would get tired of it and rebel.

    and I believe they are used as tools; tools for entertainment, because surely, that's the reason why pokemon are used for. It's kinda like spectator sport, only they're being forced into it. a good real world analogy would be; cock fighting.


    Brawl Fc: 5198 3675 0426

    Call of Duty MWR: 0877-4329-7451

    PM Me If You Add Me. Thnx.

  8. #48
    The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    55490
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lostlorn Forest
    Posts
    16,259
    Friends
    123
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    *facepalm*

    I knew it... to be honest, if you never watched the anime, it's almost impossible to understand. The game doesn't really signify the meaning of pokemon even a tenth as much as the anime does. So... yeah, I see why you wouldn't get it. Anyways...

    Again, they aren't forced into it. For example, in the games, if a pokemon traded to you is say... level 70 or higher, but you don't have 6 badges, it won't obey you, if rarely. Pokemon comply happily to the battle.

    If they didn't want to battle, they could simply run away if they're fast, beat the crap out of their trainer if they're strong, or like most pokemon, ignore their trainers orders completely. If a pokemon was forced, they wouldn't be able to do things like that.

    Multiple times in the original anime, Ash's Charizard was constantly either sleeping in the middle of a battle, or blasting Ash with a fire based attack (probably flamethrower). This shows that pokemon aren't forced to do a thing, and they enjoy the friendly competition of a battle; if they didn't enjoy it... well, trainers wouldn't exist, lol. They'd either be dead or pokemon-less.

    This also supports my theory of catching wild pokemon, mainly because they could just run away. Considering you can't just toss a pokeball and catch a pokemon, they could just run. They could hide, or they could call in their friends to gang up on the trainer (like a swarm of Beedrill).

    Another note; all people who own pokemon use them for battles. It's been stated that even in the games that not all people are trainers, some people just live with pokemon like having another family member. This shows humans and pokemon generally trust eachother. If pokemon were forced by the mass of trainers to do ANYTHING, they wouldn't trust humans as a whole, right? This is why there is no need to rebel, and such.

    This also shows they are not tools. See my first paragraph in my post. They choose to battle; if they didn't, they CAN rebel and will, Ash's Charizard again being a prime example.

    Another thing. Pokemon gain experience by battling, right? Then they level up, grow stronger, etc. This can be achieved in the wild, yes, but think of this; in the games, when a pokemon wins a battle, it's friendship level goes up. Pokemon grow friendlier when leveling up and battling with it's trainer. Pokemon that evolve by friendship are a good example of this, like Eevee (who evolves into Espeon and Umbreon), or Chansey (who evolves into Blissey).

    This pretty much proves pokemon enjoy battling. ... Why they enjoy it, is beyond me, though.

    The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

    Spoiler Alert!

  9. #49
    Sonic expert Bodine's Avatar
    Member #
    55520
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,288
    Friends
    32
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    On topic but not really: Youtube, search Who's That Pokemon? WTF!?

  10. #50
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    228
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Super Mancyland
    Posts
    19,064
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Question-
    They eat burgers in the anime and yet there are no other animals bar pokemon

    THEY EAT POKEMON

    Spoiler Alert!

    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Well, there goes my response, thanks a bunch Wiichat... Sorry King, motivation for a response is now zero. Damnit, that took awhile too. Bullshit..
    Theres always the back button
    Also Prinny, this obviously isn't a discussion about the games, it's about pokemon in a whole. Most of what we've been saying has little to do with the games. While the thread initially targetted the anime, we're still on topic; talking about a bunch of random anime is not, however, on topic. Bickering about who's on topic is ofcourse, not on topic though, I'm ending this "discussion" here.
    What discussion?
    The one about the anime?
    Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    I think he meant the "Darkprinny discussion," but since he lost his response he probably meant all discussion :P. Go ahead, say whatever you want and I'll reply :P.
    Simple I wasn't here to reply because I was tired and so went to bed that and I was busy all day today

    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    I meant both... Wiichat ****ed up and my reply was gone with the wind. -.-; Argh, this happens too much. I thought I copied it too... blaaaah.
    It rarelly happens to me
    It ust be your computer
    STOP DOWNLOADING POKEMON PORN








    That was a joke as that stuff is sick


    You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

    Spoiler Alert!

    @D_Bloke - My inane prattle


+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

fish pokemon
,
littlepikachu
,
pikachu like a boss
,
pokemon irl
,

pokemon porn

,
pokemon porn pics
,
pokemon porno
,
pokemon porno pikachu y seviper
,
pokemon wikipedia
,
whale pokemon
,
what's up with pokemon
,
whats up with pokemon
Click on a term to search for related topics.