Please read this first before signing up for the game.
* While a game is in progress, no signups are accepted.
* When a game has ended, signups are opened.
* An average game takes about 10 to 14 days.
Please keep in mind that in order to play this game you must be sure that you are able to visit the forum at least once a day while you are still in the game.
What is it all about?
The Wolfgame is a RPG (Role Playing Game). It is played with at least 13 players. The GM (GameMaster) hosts the game.
In a small village the Wolfcurse has returned. At night, some of the villagers will turn into wolves and kill one of the villagers. Nobody knows who the wolves are, as at daytime they behave just like villagers. The only way for the villagers to survive is to kill one of their own every day. At day, everybody votes for the person they think is a wolf. The one with the most votes is killed.
The Role Play part of the game:
You decide what you want to be in the story. For example: Innkeeper, farmer, blacksmith, gravedigger. In the story, the GM is the mayor of the village. Itís a role playing game, so itís very fun to post little stories about what youíre doing in the game and such. The GM posts stories about the kills etc.
The Realplay part of the game.
At the beginning of the game, the GM randomly assigns the Roles to the players. The Roles are: wolf, villager, seer (and sorc).
The Villagers need to kill all the wolves in order to survive, but they donít know who the wolves are. Thatís why the mayor decided to hang one of the villagers every day. The villagers can vote every day by PMíing the GM. At the end of the day the GM will post the results. The player with the most votes will be hung.
In order to win, you have to work together, but you canít trust anyoneÖ Of course you can post what you think or PM people if you donít want to tell something to everybody. It might help the game, but you might get killed the next time too.
The villagers win the game if all the wolves are dead.
Each wolf knows who the other wolves are, and they work together. They act like villagers and have to vote normally. Every night they decide together which villager theyíll eat that night and PM their choice to the GM. At the end of the night the GM will post who got killed.
The wolves win the game if there is an equal amount of wolves and non-wolves left.
The Seer helps the villagers. Every night the Seer can use his/her powers to Look at one of the players. The Seer has to PM the GM with the name of the person (s)heíll look at, and the GM will answer what kind of person it is (Sorc, Vill or Wolf.)
Like the Seer, the Sorc tries to help the villagers. Each night, the sorc can protect someone. (S)He has to PM his/her choice to the GM. If the person protected was the one the wolves wanted to kill, the GM will post next morning: ďThe wolves didnít catch anyoneĒ, and the game will go on, but there wonít be killed anybody that night.
Everybody has to vote during the Game Day. Villagers, Wolves, Seer, Sorc.
You HAVE to vote everytime, so you shouldnít play if you canít get on internet each day. If you donít vote youíll get a warning first time, and you'll immediately get killed 2nd time. If you get removed from the game that way, you can't play next time.
The offical way to vote is by forum PM to the GM.
Voting in IRC (chatroom) is allowed if
- the GM requests the vote in IRC
- the voter asks for permission to give the vote in this way (every time they wish to do so) and the GM agrees - the GM confirms in the private chat that he/she has seen the vote.
When at voting two or more people will get the same amount of votes there will be an extra 24h time to vote AGAIN. Every player will have to vote for one of those two players, except the players themselves, their vote won't count.
After the second time voting the night will start. So there will actually be TWO days without a night when two people get the same amount of votes.
(When the second time voting still gets two people with the same amount or votes, the GM will toss a coin to decide.)
When someone dies, the GM will tell the role of that person, and the person isnít allowed to post anymore.
If youíre dead you shouldnít PM anyone with tips anymore, because it ruins the fun of the game. People that donít play the game are not allowed to post in the game topics.
Dead players can post in this topic. It is not allowed to discuss about possible wolves etc in public when you have died also. It's up to the living folk to survive.
If there are any questions left, ask the curent GM. smile
Remember, it is a game. Don't take things personally if people suspect you. Also don't flame others who suspect you or who you suspect. Doing so might result into being banned a next game.
That sounds so great! Where do I sign up?
After you read the rules you can join in this topic.
- read through previous wolfgames to have more understanding about how the game is played.
* Try to compare the votes of people with what they are saying in their posts.
* Try to understand why wolves ate someone.
* Try to make someone tell something they shouldnít know yet, so you know he isnít who he says he is.
* You should make notes of whatís happening and tell on the forum if you see anything strange.
* You always have to make sure everybody keeps thinking youíre a villager!
* Try to act like a villager; if you see someone acting suspicious and he isnít a wolf, be sure to tell it to the villagers. If it is a wolfÖ the three of you can decide to tell the villagers you also think he is suspicious, and when he gets killedÖ everybody else will trust the two wolves left.
* Donít defend the other wolves, if one get killed the other villagers will think youíre one of them too.
* The longer the villagers wonít know why you killed anyone the better. Pick random people whenever you can.
* The most important thing you have to achieve is killing the seer. Itís the most dangerous person in the game.
* If the seer has told someone is a villager, you should kill the villager too, so in the end of the game there are more people who still could be wolves.
* Of course the wolves can work together when they are deciding to vote for someone as a villager. You shouldn't all vote for the same person each day because you might get suspicious. wink5
You have a very important role, but you should make sure the wolves donít get to know youíre the seer. Youíll want to tell the others what you know, but itís hard to make it public while not making the wolves suspicious. These are some ways:
* Search for villagers and post frequently a list with people you trust.
* If you have seen a villager, contact them and form an alliance with the people you know are vills.
* Donít tell anything for a long time and tell everything at once when you know enough.
* Try to find the wolves and post subtle hints about them. This could be very risky.
* If you happen to find the Sorc, contact him and tell him you are the seer! If you can work together, he can protect you while you tell who the wolves are.
You could of course protect yourself, but in order to win the game you have to keep as much villagers alive as possible, so you have to try to think like a wolf, and protect the one you think they will decide to kill that night.
* If you think you canít vote every day, donít play! Idle players are very disturbing.
* Make sure you know the rules.
* The first days you donít know anything yet so itís hard to decide who to vote for. Donít tell the other players you just tossed dice or chose a random player, people get irritated if you keep telling this.
* It is very nice to post little stories about the village and your job, but donít put anything stupid in it, like setting houses on fire. People might start to think youíre a wolf. wink5
* When you are dead you can't share any information you have about any alive player. You are dead so stay dead
Q: Can I be a Wolf?
A: You can't choose that yourself, this is randomly assigned by the GM at the start of the game.
Q: What time do I have to vote?
A: Villagers have to vote each Game Day. Game Days last 24 hours. Game Nights last 24 hours as well. In the stats topic you will see if it is Day or Night. Also the GM announces the vote deadline. Be sure to have your vote in before that time.
Q: I want to join!
A: great smile In this topic you will be invited to join (the title will change to signups wolfgame). If a game is in progress the topic title is:"Wolfgame - discussions for non and dead players".
Wolfgame is a game. The object is to have fun and get to know other LD4all members better.
PM's and private chat
Please note that joining wolfgame gives permission for any pms/chat related to the game to be posted on the forum. Anything gamerelated you say during the game can and will be used against you ebil
Respect your fellow members.
The game might get very heated as accusations are thrown around. Do not take it personally.
Namecalling, flaming in the game topics will lead to a ban from the next wolfgame. If you flame again in a next wolfgame you will be banned from wolfgame permanently.
It has to be said. If you are dead you are dead. So you aren't allowed to give any information regarding the game. You should have thought of that when you were still alive. Giving in-game information after you died is considered cheating and will lead to a ban from wolfgame. If you cheat again in a next wolfgame, you will be banned from wolfgame permanently.
Have fun, and don't forget that the wolf who eats you today, could be the seer tomorrow.