+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    OOC: I'm back! Sorry guys!
    Darius nodded his head.
    "It's most likely so. However, if we keep cool, then we might be able to slip past without them realizing we're in the Resistance."
    Just then, the screen began to flash.
    Incoming message from the Black Raider.
    A large, alien figure appeared on the screen. Darius recognized it almost immediately as a Carcharan. The Carcharan species were divided up into two subspecies, Minor and Major. The one on the the screen was a Major, the more powerful and aggresive of the two types. It had a massive, naturally-armored upper body with layers of large scales covering its' back. The alien's face was attached to the top scale and curved downwards, giving the impression that it was constantly hunched over. It's face had two long, drooping antannae and a row of razor-sharp teeth, with two, tiny red eyes on either side of the head. The torso curved down and slimmed out near the legs, and the legs were bent and lightly armored, like a raptor's. The Carcharan had four arms; two large, muscled, claw-like appendages near the shoulder area, and smaller, more dextrous hands sprouting from the midsection. It's scales were a dark blue-green color. The alien gave off the impression of a large, humanoid lobster. It made a clicking sound that resembled a chuckle.
    "Who is the owner of this vessel? Speak now, if you value your life."

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    "It is my vessel"
    Gerumbio's plump face appeared on the Carcharan's screen.
    "Gerumbio Noss, traveling merchant at your service!"
    |--------------------

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    The Carcharan clicked one of his larger claws menacingly.
    "A merchant, eh? All right. You've obviously got buisness to attend to, so I'll make this quick. My men will board your vessel and take everything of value. If you cooperate, then you can keep your heads. Count yourself lucky that we're not slave traders."
    There was a gentle bump as the Black Raider moved up next to the Emerald Moon and prepared to board.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    "I understand that you're space pirates, but I maintain friendly relations with the group you work for. I believe you've mistaken me for a fool. Please leave now, you'll be glad you did. I have a lot of security on this ship."
    |--------------------

for we've never once met Lennox's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0111-0000-0101-0000
    Lillis and Townes did not hear any of this conversation; having discretely left the room immediately before the Carcharan had come up onto the screen.

"This ship'll be the death of us." said Lillis as he and Townes walked quickly down the hall "First the Querymen, now Space Pirates. What's next, a goddamn Cetanoid? Or maybe Blackmaw himself will just pop out and swallow us up, eh? The idea of staying with these guys is looking less appealing as we go."

"Look, Gerumbio's a wet pile" replied Townes "and in this case he's right to be. He may want to defend his ship, but if you think he's actually gonna fight these guys, you're mad. They'll board us, steal all of his things, and be on their way. You, me, and our money can stay hidden the whole time."

"If they're half competent they'll scan the ship; see how many of us there are. It won't help them find us, sure, but they won't leave if they know we're here."

"Fine, then we hide the money."

"Sounds right to me."

The two men entered the guest quarters with which Gerumbio had provided them. Lillis opened his suitcase and placed the money at the bottom of it. He closed the case's false bottom, concealing the cash, then piled his things on top of it. He shut the case but did not lock it. Townes, meanwhile, took a switchblade with a dark gray handle from his pocket and flicked it open. He lifted the mattress off of his bed, then sliced a long gash in the bottom of it before pulling out some stuffing. He placed Lillis's suitcase inside the mattress and made the bed. Lillis threw the stuffing into the trash chute.

Townes and Lillis left to return to the main deck.
    Last edited by Lennox; 02-07-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    The Carcharan's eyes narrowed.
    "I believe you've mistaken me for someone who cares. The Emperor holds a great deal more respect for us than some two-bit trader. However, if you really are loyal, then perhaps we can work out some sort of arrangement. I will board personally. No blood will be spilled if you cooperate."
    The screen went dark as the alien went to join the boarding party.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    "Darius, what do you suggest we do?"
    |--------------------

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Darius pondered for a moment.
    "Our chances against the Pirates right now are slim. Our best bet would be to just cooperate and see if we can strike some sort of bargain."

for we've never once met Lennox's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0111-0000-0101-0000
    "I like the way this fellow is thinking." said Lillis "Let's not spill blood when we needn't, eh? We are gentlemen here, even if the other side aren't. A bargain it is, then."

"A bargain sounds good, yes." said Townes "But we're not exactly in a position of power here, if'n you follow me. What's to stop them from just taking everything we have?"

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    "Everything we have? You mean everything I have, everything I've worked for and earned! My entire worth is invested in this vessel and the goods on it. If they take my assets, I'll be penniless! Even though I wouldn't be dead if we surrender, I'll have lost my entire life! I understand if you would all like to flee in escape pods now, but I would rather go down with my ship than lose everything I've worked for!"
    |--------------------

Ads