LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Darius stepped over to the rod and picked it up, turning it in his hand. It felt surprisingly warm and made a low humming sound. He looked at the carvings along the edge of the rod.
    "This... this is Allis writing, isn't it?"
    Kessler nodded.
    "That's right. This is an Allis Power Node. Orbus heard rumors through the Inops underworld that someone had discovered it in one of the old ruins on the planet. Finding out whether the rumor was true was a more difficult matter, but it looks like our hard work has paid off."
    Darius's eyes widened under his mask.
    "Are you serious? This... little rod is a Power Node? I thought they'd be bigger!"
    "The Allis continue to surprise us, to be sure. Who knows what other secrets they may yet have left behind? But that's not important right now. You know what this means?"
    Darius nodded his head slowly.
    "Well, yes. A portable unlimited reactor. The only other two I know had been found were at Unity headquarters, being researched... before Cykris took over."
    Kessler waved his hand and tutted.
    "Yes, yes, the power is important. But, if my theories are correct, this will allow us to finally activate Allis technology. The bigwigs over at Unity HQ never thought to try it out."
    Darius was totally shocked.
    "We can use Allis weapons now?"
    "Well, it'll definitely take some time to figure out exactly how. All the more reason for me to keep low. If Cykris found out we had this... well, I wouldn't want to be me."
    "I'm assuming this is why you sent for me?"
    Kessler cocked his head to the side.
    "Sent for you? I did no such thing! It was a complete surprise to see you here!"
    "No, no! You sent me a holo-message, I definately saw your face, and you asked me to come find--"
    Darius went quiet as the horrible truth dawned on him. They had been set up. He spoke in a terrified whisper, completely different from his usual demeanor.
    "The Querymen."
    Kessler's face was a look of absolute terror as he came to the same conclusion. The Querymen had tricked Darius with an illusion to make him think he was talking to Kessler. He had led them right to him!
    No sooner had he figured out the truth than a pounding came from outside the door.
    Kessler grabbed Darius and Orbus, and thrusting the Power Node into Darius's hands, shoved them into a large closet in a back room.
    "There's a secret room behind this closet. Hide there, and don't come out until you're sure it's safe! You must keep the node out of their hands!"
    "But what about you, Hermann! I got you into this, I won't--"
    Kessler cut him off.
    "I don't blame you for this, Darius! I'll be fine! Now HIDE!"
    Slamming the closet doors behind him, Kessler ran off to confront the intruders. Darius grabbed Orbus and moved through a false back panel into a dark, cramped room. They could hear faint voices coming from the main room.
    Last edited by GigaRidley; 01-06-2011 at 10:41 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    A crystalline woman tossed a few coins to a cab driver for driving her to Jungella. She nodded to him before morphing into a more comfortable feline form. Above the tree tops she noticed a familiar battle ship preparing to dock. Seeng heaved a sigh before trotting over to the clearing where she assumed the ship would land.
    "That fool is probably just looking for more of those damn hot peppers..." She muttered. As the aircraft began to descend, Seeng slinked toward it, and shouted, "Squig! Don't even bother getting out of that ship, I've gotten word from our man at the docking bay in Inops that he has spotted a man who resembles Darius Lorne. While I would prefer to take care of a mission like this myself...I...Well, it is farther then any hired man would take me for a reasonable price, and I was told you were close to Rutul."
    Last edited by Febe; 01-06-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    The Watcher stepped into Kessler's house with two querymen.
    "Hello, Kessler."
    Kessler tried to remain calm.
    "I know he's here Kessler."
    Kessler lied. "Know who's here?"
    "Don't play dumb with me Doctor."
    The Watcher turned to his cohorts, Hox and Von Carlisle. Hox was a Kanhund, a race of muscular, bulldog-like hunters. Edmund Von Carlisle was an expert marksman with a mohawk and sunglasses. Both of them wore long white trenchcoats, the uniform of the Querymen.
    Hox sniffed the air and growled. "I can smell two others."
    The Watcher grinned at Kessler. "Two? What a pleasant surprise."
    "I swear, there's nobody here"
    "Still keeping up the act? Edmund, show him what we do to traitors."
    "Heh-heh." Von Carlisle withdrew his shotgun. "Boom-time."
    |--------------------

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Darius listened closely to the voices, but couldn't make anything out. Suddenly, there was a sound like a gunshot, and everything was quiet. Darius slumped backwards.
    "Shit... shit..."
    Darius prayed that Kessler was all right, but he didn't have much hope.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    "I know you two are here. This is neither the time nor the place for this encounter however. I counted on the Quarr being alone. I had some... questions for him." The Watcher sighed. "No matter. We will meet each other very soon. Come Hox, Van Carlisle."
    Hox snarled. "But boss, I wanted to kill sumtink"
    "Not now Hox. Soon." The door slammed.
    Goodbye, gentlemen
    |--------------------

for we've never once met Lennox's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0111-0000-0101-0000
    In Central City on the planet Inops, Lillis and Townes ran southward at full speed down a narrow street. On their right was a wall of buildings, mostly derelict and abandoned, and on their left was a thirty foot drop to a canal, about six yards wide. Behind the two men by about fifty strides was a group of a half a dozen men, each of them armed. One of the men chasing the two finished reloading a compact rifle and fired it one-handed. Lillis’s hat, a black derby, was struck by the bullet and flew off his head. He leapt awkwardly to catch it before it hit the ground, stumbling slightly and falling a few paces behind. As he leapt a bullet struck the ground where his feet had been.

“Well, at least you picked a group what can’t shoot, eh Junior?” shouted Lillis

“Let’s hope they can’t run either!” replied Townes without looking back. Suddenly, he stopped short in his tracks, and Lillis did the same behind him. They had come to a ledge. About ten yards below them was a canal, the waters of which were opaque and brown in color, with a thick steam rising off of them. It smelt even worse here than it did in the dry parts of the city.

“Well” said the largest, meanest looking man among their pursuers, as he advanced toward Townes and Lillis “Looks as though you two rats’r cornered.”

“Alright” said Lillis, glancing down toward the canal “You got us. I reckon it’s about time you grant us the slow and painful death we deserve, eh?”

Noticing the downward glance, the man cocked his shotgun at Lillis

“Do not e’en think about jumping, got that? If’n the water don’t eat right through you, that what’s swimmin’ in it will do. And by the by, there’ll be nothing slow ‘bout your death. I intend to finish this right now. If you boys have any sense in you, trying to con Max Allandale is the biggest regret you got."

“Well actually” said Lillis, glancing down again “Right about now, my greatest regret is that the boat going underneath us is a garbage barge.”

Townes tipped his hat

“Better luck next time, eh?”

As he was speaking, he and Lillis leaned backward, falling from the ledge.

Townes landed on the barge with a splat, followed a few seconds afterward by Lillis. It was covered mostly with sludge which had been scraped off of the streets or filtered out of the canals.

“Quick” said Townes “Get under the trash”

“Townes, this is nigh to my very favorite suit I’m wearing here, and it’s close to ruined, but I know a dry cleaner on Cymbeline who might be able to—“

He was interrupted by a bullet landing just to the left of his ear, splashing up some sludge.

“Well, unless you want that wide with the rifle having his fair pick on where to clip you next” said Townes, burying himself deeper into the sludge “I recommend you go right ahead and start digging.”

Lillis reluctantly began nestling into the side of the trash mound.

“This is without a doubt the worst planet we have ever been to”
    Last edited by Lennox; 01-08-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Orbus slunked backwards onto the ground. One of his best friends had just been shot... He could smell the blood and stench of death in the air. He gave Kessler a moment of silence, and then looked at Darius.

"We need to get off this planet... Now. I know a secret way to the Docking Bay through the underground here... Tell me you have a ship."

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Darius was still silent. He recognized the voice that had spoken directly to them. He had been the one who had single-handedly slaughtered five of the Resistance's best men not two weeks ago. He had been there when they received the final transmission from a panicked ally, screaming about some pale monster murdering the rest of his friends. On the other side of a barricaded door, the same calm, cold voice came through, letting the Resistance fighter no that there was no use in running. The transmission had cut off after that. It certainly did not make Darius feel better knowing that this same individual was apparently leading Cykris's Querymen.
    Shaking himself out of his shock, Darius turned to Orbus.
    "I do have a ship, the Silverwing. Before we go, I need to grab Dr. Kessler's notes. They could be of use."
    Darius slowly stepped out of the large closet, bracing himself to run. But he found the place totally empty. there was a speck of blood on the floor, but the place otherwise looked virtually unchanged from it's original state. Even Kessler was gone. Whether he was still alive, or they had simply removed his body, Darius could not say, but his hopes were not high. Quickly grabbing a file labled "Allis Data", Darius headed back into the secret room.
    "Lead the way."

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Orbus nodded, grabbed Darius's webbed hand, and took off. He weaved through the underground tunnels, making various turns in the darkness at precise points no mere tracker would ever be able to follow. And strangely enough, the tunnels were cool, and stink free. It seemed that below the surface of the trash ridden planet, it had a pleasant smell. One that would actually be attractive to certain species for living area.

After a good while of running through the darkness, Orbus stopped, turned, and pushed a side of the wall. The grainy surface slid open to reveal a stocking room, into which the two of them entered. Orbus manuvered through the many canisters and tanks in the room and made his way to a door, to which he turned the handle and grinned. The door opened, and the two of them stepped out onto the Docking Bay with Darius's ship in sight.

"Ball is in your court now, Darius. Where to?"

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    "That big ship up ahead is mine. We'll want to make sure that no Cykris agents follow our trail, but--"
    Darius suddenly stopped and pushed Orbus behind a nearby cruiser, following. Next to his ship, Queryman Hox was keeping guard, eyes flitting back and forth for any sign of Darius or Orbus.
    "Well, this isn't good."

Ads