Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    for we've never once met Lennox's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0111-0000-0101-0000
    It had been Townes’s idea to leave a small cache of supplies in an abandoned building in case they felt it was unsafe to return to the flat they had rented as a base of operations. They now decided to stop by.

The cache was a burlap sack strung up in the building's rafters, and in it were two bundles. Townes's bundle contained a shirt, trousers, suspenders, and underwear, along with a bottle of water and a briefcase containing two hundred and fifty diom in cash. It also had Townes's projectile rifle. The rifle was an outdated weapon, but Townes only ever trusted a gun that shot bullets.

Lillis's bundle had a grey waistcoat and suitpants, along with a new shirt, necktie, and pair of underwear. It also had some water, a basic disguise kit and a bottle of gin.

The men changed out of their sludge-covered clothes, and put the money from their pockets into the briefcase. With the exception of their hats and cufflinks, they left their old clothes behind. Once they were clean, the men got to disguising themselves, still wary of Allandale's men. Townes put on a large false nose with walrus mustache, and a pair of spectacles. Lillis had a reddish brown wig and a matching false beard. When they emerged from the derelict building, they were sufficiently difficult to recognize.

The Central City docks were, for reasons which nobody could adequately explain, built on a swamp. At first the landing pads had simply been large concrete blocks, but these had begun to sink slowly, prompting layer upon layer of bricks to be piled on top of them. The result was a sprawling mess of lopsided and irregular platforms, with a network of wooden boardwalks connecting them. The two men saw nobody who looked to be searching for them until they were within sight of a green pod, large enough to carry six people comfortably. Lillis approached the pod and knocked on the door.

Welcome, Mr. Lillis. Welcome, Mr. Townes.

"Thanks, Emmy" said Townes "Glad you could make it."

Master Gerumbio tells me that you two have gotten yourself into some trouble.

Emmy opened the door, and the two men walked in. Just before the door closed, Lillis saw the man who had shot at them earlier. The man did not seem to recognize Lillis at first, but then Lillis saw his eyes widen. Lillis suddenly realized what had happened, and his hand darted up to cover the bullet hole in his hat.

"It's them!" shouted the man, drawing his rifle. He fired just as Emmy closed the door of the pod. Townes and Lillis saw a dent appear on the inside of the door, but it was not breached.

"Trouble?" said Lillis "What gave you that idea?"
    Last edited by Lennox; 01-08-2011 at 11:04 AM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    OOC: Maybe it just kind of wiggles around or something.

As Squig stormed off after yelling at his crew, Seeng unfastened her seat belt and walked toward one of the irritated men.

"Excuse me, but could one of you gentlemen tell me where I might find those smaller fighter planes Squig mentioned earlier? If one of you would be willing to take me to Inops, I would reward you handsomely."

One of the men stepped forward, and said, "I've got some, uh...pilotin' experi'nce...But th' ships are in th' back where th' Cap'n 's goin'...An' I don' think he'd 'ppreciate us lettin' ya take off with one a his veh'cles, Ma'am."

Seeng increased her height until she loomed over Squig's crew, when she felt they were intimidated she turned back to the man, "Well, if the 'Cap'n' spots us, which he will not, you can explain to him that you had no choice in the matter."

Seeng quickly morphed back into a cat, threw the man onto her back and padded after Squig. She turned to the man and said, "Don't make a sound."
    Last edited by Febe; 01-08-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    6666-6666-6666-6666
    Squig realized that he needed something to open the locked door. One of his Krobane swords could probably open the lock if he liquidized it and inserted it into the keyhole, so he sent Fallo to get him one from his room.

While waiting for Fallo to return, Squig played a pit of paddleball. He was practically a master at the game; he could easily get the ball to bounce 200 or more times in a row on the paddle.

"Heres your sword, Squig." said Fallo

The sudden appearance of Fallo had startled Squig enough to mess up and miss hitting the ball. Obviously irritated, he threw the entire thing off the ship and into space.

"Thanks a lot, Fallo. Say, since we are on my ship right now, Im completely safe....." said Squig

Fallo didnt move a muscle.

"What Im trying to say is that you should quit stalking me and get the hell outta here. Im not going to get murdered on my own damn ship." snapped Squig

"As you wish, Squig." said Fallo. He was slightly angry about this, but he tried to hide it.

About 2 minutes later, Squig arrived at the engine room. He pressed a button on his sword to turn it into liquid, and he inserted it into the keyhole. Once he was sure that it was completely in, he solidified it again. Sure enough, the door opened as he turned it.

The engine room was pitch black. Squig felt around on the wall for the light-switch, and turned it on.

"Oh shit." he said immediately after turning on the lights.

The next instant he was tackled by a 6-foot tall beast. Squig managed to get away and ran about 12 feet from it, where he could get a good look at what it was. The monster was red and lizard-like with tough rock-like armor covering most of its body. It had two glowing red eyes. It had 6 arms/legs with sharp claws at the end of each. I appeared to be a tetrapod at first, but just then it managed to stand up on its hind legs and turned to face Squig.

Squig quickly thought out a plan just as the lizard lunged at him again. He dodged, and liquidized his sword. When the monster turned around to attack again, Squig whipped the sword at its face. The sticky sword stuck to where its eyes were, blinding it. It shrieked and slashed at the air a few times, and then Squig turned his sword solid again. While the lizard stood in confusion, Squig whacked at its face about 4 times. The monster grabbed him and prepared to bite, but Squig blocked its mouth with his sword. He whacked it again a few times and it dropped Squig and fell over, giving Squig the time he needed to quickly make his sword sharp again. The monster got up and rushed toward Squig, only to get stabbed right through the head with Squigs sword.

"Alright....I think that its finally dead." said Squig, who was still a bit shaken up.

Squig searched the engine room to make sure that it was completely monster-free. The beast that Squig encountered must have snuck in while the ship was grounded on Jungella. How a monster that large had escaped notice from his crew, he had no idea.

Squig found that the beast had damaged the engine, so he left the engine room to alert his crew to the problem so that they could repair it. Fallo came rushing towards him.

"Squig, are you alright!? I heard some commotion going on in the engine room." said Fallo

"Yeah, you really did a great job protecting me back there. I realize that I told you to leave, but you still could have kept an eye on me!" snapped Squig "But really, Im fine. Just a pest-problem. Hey, do me a favor and get the repair team in there right-away."

OOC: Im not really too sure about this one. Was it alright? BTW, the reason that Squig didnt stab the monster right away was because his sword was still in the shape of a key.
    Last edited by Neosquid; 01-08-2011 at 02:24 PM.

ε(3`)з

The Fuchsia City Guru
    <(θ)>

for we've never once met Lennox's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0111-0000-0101-0000
    “I reckon we can take these off now” said Townes, removing his false nose “You really ought to get that hat mended.”

“I know, I know. We’re going to have to make a stop to buy some new clothes soon, anyway.”

“Fine, but nothing too expensive this time”

“Bullshit. I came near to getting shot for this money; I intend to spend it nicely. Besides, I’m only spending my share.”

“No, we don’t do shares. Remember how we don’t do shares? Every time we split the money into shares, you blow all of yours before I do and I’m stuck bailing you out. This money belongs to the both of us, and I say no Valeine suits.”

“Okay. Okay, fine. Then I say no Gaussanian wine. Oh, and we can just buy Cymbeline-grown cigars from now on, because we both know they’re just as good.”

Townes narrowed his eyes at Lillis, and Lillis raised one eyebrow in response

“Okay, fine you can buy one Valeine suit. But don’t wear it out on jobs.”

“Aheh, I knew you’d come around.”

I do not mean to interrupt, gentlemen, but we are approaching the ship.

A minute later, the pod pulled into the dock, and the door slid open, revealing the loading bay of the Emerald Moon.

Welcome aboard.

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Orbus still felt a bit queezy from the space ship ride. He couldn't help it. He missed the familiar stench of his home planet. Here everything was metallic, and structured, and organized and so.... So clean. He nearly spit up at the thought of it.

He looked at Darius, "So where is this Gerumbio friend of yours? And where are we going from here?"

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Darius glanced out of the window as he landed; Gerumbio was nowhere in sight. He spotted a small pod landing in the loading bay and two men getting out of it. Ducking back, Darius turned to Orbus.
    "Don't see Gerumbio out there yet. He'll probably be here in a second, we'd be best off waiting here for him to return. There are two more people outside who just showed up. They don't look like Cykris's troops, but it never hurt to be careful. As for where we'll go next..."
    Darius looked at the Power Node leaning up against his chair.
    "We need to get this to Resistance HQ."
    -MEANWHILE-

FORMER UNITY COMMAND, LOCATION UNKNOWN

The UMC, or Unity Mobile Command, drifted lazily through space. Formerly the home for the Unity Senate, it had been re-purposed to serve as a base of operations for a new master. Its sprawling network of tunnels and halls were filled with scientists and soldiers, going about their day-to-day business. Its' large rooms, once courtrooms and discussion halls, had been changed into laboratories and military-style barracks. In the center of the UMC, the former Senate antechamber had received a drastic overhaul. Once packed with comfortable chairs for its' many representatives, it now held only one massive throne, hooked up to a variety of wires and tubes that allowed the Emperor, when seated, to communicate instantaneously with his generals and other subordinates with the flick of a switch. The rest of the chairs had been replaced with hundreds and hundreds of screens, each displaying a different location. On one, a general trained his troops for war. On another, a captured Resistance fighter was being electrocuted and interrogated. On the throne, overlooking all of the room, sat a lone, shadowed figure.
    Emperor Cykris grinned.

Member #
    Friends
    Seeng heard some shouting down the hall and thought, 'Hopefully whatever got the engines down got rid of that idiotic Squig as well...'

She made a sharp turn and entered a large room where she saw a number of smaller ships. She threw the man on her back into one of them, and prepared to jump in herself when she was flung backward.

"Sanud!"

They had reached a jump point which Seeng could only presume let out near Inops. She turned to the man in the ship and said, "Where are we?"

"Righ' by th' moon o' Inops, Ma'am."

"Alright, I'm heading down," Seeng replied, "Tell your 'Cap'n' I appreciate the ride, and that I have this under control. All he needs to do is keep this ship in orbit around the moon until I am finished. Understand?"

The man nodded and stepped out of the ship. Seeng took on a human form and buckled herself in before speeding toward Inops. As she passed the moon she noticed a green ship circling it. A bit unusual, but she decided to ignore it.

Bracing herself for the distinctive odor, Seeng pulled into the Inops Docking Bay.
    Last edited by Febe; 01-08-2011 at 10:40 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Aelan sighed "I don't think anyone heard us." She kept following the ship and looked at ARP skeptically. "Any other ideas?"

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    "Darius, what a wonderful surprise!" Gerumbio descended the flight of stairs to the landing bay. "And you've brought a friend!"
    Gerumbio noticed Darius eyeing Townes and Lillis' pod incoming pod.
    "Oh, don't worry about them. They're harmless. So, what brings you here?"
    |--------------------

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Darius glanced behind him as he exited his ship.
    "I'd love to chat, Gerumbio, but I'm afraid I must ask a favor of you. We need to hide... and fast. There's a Queryman on our tail."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads