LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4005-0628-2206-3853

StarEdge-The COSMOS Project (Official RP)

StarEdge:
    The COSMOS Project

Sign-Up Thread: http://www.wiichat.com/board-games/7...iscussion.html

http://www.yakitome.com/data/7618605...sR_g_9uFFC.mp3

-BEGIN TRANSMISSION-

Year 009321B

Welcome to the future of our galaxy. 2,000 years to be precise. In the year 2897, humanity finally perfects space travel by travelling large distances at incredible speeds through dimensional gates , known as “jump points”, which are scattered throughout the galaxy. This comes about as a result of the discovery of ancient relics detailing how they are to be used by an ancient race of aliens called the Aliis who travelled the galaxy long ago, and we have repurposed them for human use. However, we are far from alone in this vast galaxy-- there are many other races out there who have been using the jump points long before us-- some friendly, some hostile. Quickly, humanity is entered into the main democratic order of races, The Unity. Life in the galaxy has never been peaceful-- though The Unity did regulate the galaxy for the most part, other races of monstrous aliens and power-hungry warlords have made their attempts on control of the galactic civilization, but they were always repelled. In an attempt to counter such threats upon the well-being and safety of all of it’s people, The Unity began a supersoldier program during the later half of the 38th century known as the COSMOS Project. The goal of the project was to create men and women of all species with enhanced senses and skills, able to fight both inside the cockpit and out. After various trials, the project was a success, and the Unity began mass producing enhanced “COSMOS Troopers”. In an attempt to counter some of the more extrasensory aspects of possible threats to galactic peace, Unity government scientists studied Allis data gathered from their jump points and their ruins scattered around the galaxy, even in places on Earth. The Allis had advanced telekinetic and telepathic abilities unseen in most other races, and by gathering ancient Allis DNA and infusing it into other species, the Unity hoped to create psychic elite warriors with abilities far beyond even those of the COSMOS Troopers. Unfortunately, this project was less successful: Most of the test subjects experienced no increase in psychic ability and died soon after DNA transfusion was complete. Further testing revealed that only specific humans, not other races, had the genetic compatibility for the transfusion. However, the few that survived became immensely powerful “Psykers” with advanced telekinetic powers. The Unity, looking to increase this desirable breed of soldier further, made what would prove to be a poor choice: combining Psyker and COSMOS Trooper DNA, they attempted to make a perfect, enhanced soldier. After numerous more failures, their efforts produced a single child with the enhanced strengths of a COSMOS Trooper and the vast telekinetic abilities of a Psyker. These powers complemented each other perfectly, and the child was far more powerful than the sum of his parts. He quickly grew into a man, but his DNA was fundamentally flawed; genetically, he was doomed to madness from the day he was born. Gifted with a dark intelligence and a frightening drive for power, the man silently gathered powerful followers from all species, promising a future of genetically “perfect” beings like himself ruling the galaxy. Finally, they made their move, slaughtering most of the elite Psykers and performing a bloody military coup against The Unity. The galaxy was shattered as the man took control of the Unity and began ruling the galaxy with an iron fist, enforcing his rule through his many soldiers. Pockets of the galaxy still resist, and there is talk of a Resistance forming to counter the psychic madman. Many COSMOS Troopers and a few Psykers not loyal to the dictator also continue the fight. Only time will tell if the galaxy will ever be free once more.

-END TRANSMISSION-
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to StarEdge! This RP takes place far, far in the future, in a galaxy of space battles, alien races, colorful planets, and genetic supersoldiers. In this adventure, you’ll go on an incredible space journey through a myriad of worlds, along with fellow heroes, to stop a psychic madman from permanently seizing power in the galaxy-- or, you could be one of his sinister henchmen! The choices are yours, and yours alone! Before you dive right in, there are a few rules to go over. These are the basic ones, common to most RPs. For a more comprehensive rule list, please look at the original post on the sign-up thread.

-Please use proper grammar and spelling (Ex: “thei fleugh intoo sp8ce” will NOT be allowed)
    -Try to make your posts as descriptive as possible. Remember, other RPers will be building off what you say. Give them a good foundation.
    -No godmodding (a.k.a massively overpowering your character, there are a few exceptions but for the most part just don’t do it)
    -No bunnying (taking control of another RPers’ character, this is ONLY acceptable if you talk with that player beforehand and they agree)
    -No spamming, DPing, etc... use proper “Internet Etiquette” at all times, please.

ACCEPTED ROLE-PLAYERS:
    Good:
    The Storm as Orbus Frater
    Spoiler Alert!

Shiagu as Aelan Pharian
    Spoiler Alert!

Febe as ARP
    Spoiler Alert!

GigaRidley as Darius Lorne
    Spoiler Alert!

Lennox as William Townes and James Lillis
    Spoiler Alert!

lbu8 as Leo “Mac” Mcmillan and Jack Corsen
    Spoiler Alert!

TimidGent as Gerumbio Noss
    Spoiler Alert!

Evil:
    GigaRidley as Emperor Cykris
    Spoiler Alert!

NeoSquid as Squig
    Spoiler Alert!

Febe as Seeng Dichrona
    Spoiler Alert!

Neutral:
    The Storm as Rex Rgis Malum
    Spoiler Alert!

PrinnyRam as Marche La March
    Spoiler Alert!

???:
    TimidGent as The Watcher
    Spoiler Alert!

Let's rock.

--------------------------------------------------------------

------------Year 009297B------------
    ------------Space Station Thoth------------

Dr. Adrian Huseby walked briskly down the long, thin corridor, her heels clicking against the hard metal grating on the floor. She had a clipboard clutched tightly against her chest, and her long hair had been done up in a tight bun, keeping it from obstructing her face. She paused outside of the door leading into the infirmary to check her clipboard for the third time, making sure all the necessary paperwork was present. Satisfied, she began to walk again, turning away from the infirmary into the cafeteria. While normally full of hungry Unity officials, scientists and soldiers, the large mess hall was virtually empty at this late hour. Aside from two small fox-like aliens, known as Nimlids, chatting in hushed tones in the corner, Adrian was completely alone. As she began to make her way to the other side of the room, her mind wandered to her current, and without a doubt her most important project. Up until the Psyker Project, Adrian had been little more than a lab assistant to some of the more important Unity-hired geneticists and weapons designers. However, the Psyker Project allowed her to finally prove her considerable mental accumen to the higher-ups by creating the Allis-human telekinetic hybrids known as "Psykers" who rivaled even the COSMOS Troopers in strength. It had been a source of great pride for her and her main collaborators, Drs. Arnulfo Thrune and Darius Lorne. At the time, she had been sure that the project would go down as her greatest achievement in the field of genetic engineering. But she had been wrong. Not 3 months after her success with the Psykers, she had been approached by Unity government officials with the offer for a new, ambitious project: combining COSMOS Trooper and Psyker DNA to create A "Psyker Trooper" that would be able to outshine them both in combat. As she exited the cafetria and turned into a dimly lit circular corridor leading into the Top-Secret "Experimental Wing", she passed the barred and locked room that no one had been allowed to enter for the past year. It was quiet today, but sometimes Adrian heard heavy breathing on the other side. She was one of the only 3 people on the station who knew what was behind the door, and it reminded her of her initial failures to create a COSMOS Psyker hybrid. Putting the unpleasant thought aside, she pressed on, thinking of rather how she had eventually, after much effort, succeeded in producing a lone child, genetically selected for maximum compatibility with the project.
    Adrian was so wrapped up in thought that she nearly bumped into the door to the central testing chamber. Startled, she backed up a step. The electronic "eye" on the center of the door gazed at her and sighed in a cold voice.
    "WELCOME BACK, DR. HUSEBY. YOU REALLY OUGHT TO GET SOME SLEEP, YOU KNOW. I HEAR THAT IT'S QUITE RELAXING."
    "Thank you I-6, but I'm fine." Adrian said briskly. She didn't much care for the artificial intelligence that handled the internal day-to-day caretaking of the ship, and she suspected that it felt the same way about her.
    "IF YOU SAY SO. I SUPPOSE YOU WANT ACCESS TO SUBJECT #192?"
    "That is correct, I-6. I need to check on him once more before he's ready to be 'born'."
    "VERY WELL, I WILL SET UP THE CORRECT PATH."
    I-6's "eye" glowed blue as it set up the necessary path to the test subject. A light beam shot out from its' eye and activated the elevator for the correct station. Sliding open the door the eye was attached to, Adrian stepped into the cramped, dark elevator.
    "BY THE WAY, DR. LORNE WENT DOWN TO CHECK ON #192 NOT FIVE MINUTES AGO. HE'S STILL DOWN THERE."
    "Oh?" Adrian cocked her head quizzically. "What's Darius doing down there?"
    "YOU'LL HAVE TO ASK HIM YOURSELF, DR. HUSEBY."
    The elevator's doors closed and it smoothly slid down the shaft, pausing as I-6 made occasional adjustments to assure it reached the proper station. Finally stopping, the doors slid open and Adrian stepped into a dark room, lit only by a single large tank in the center. Floating in the glowing green water of the tank was a tiny baby, fully formed and attached to an artificial umbilical cord that stretched upwards and out of view. The child's eyes were closed, it's fists tightly clenched. It gently bobbed up and down in the green water. Standing at the foot of the tank was a tall figure wearing a leather gas mask and a black bodysuit, looking up at the tiny figure housed in the tank. He turned around when Adrian entered the room, revealing glossy green-blue skin, long webbed hands, and fins on either elbow. Adrian smiled a small smile.
    "Hello, Darius. I didn't expect to see you down here at this late hour."
    "Same to you, Adrian." Darius nodded his head. "Making last-minute checks, I assume?"
    "Exactly. Everything has to be perfect for tomorrow's 'birth'. We'll finally see if our efforts paid off."
    Darius turned back to the tank as Adrian walked up next to him, checking off bullets on her clipboard and scribbling notes.
    "You know how I feel about this, Adrian. We shouldn't have done this."
    "And you know my feelings as well. This could be the breakthrough of the century."
    "I have no doubt it will be." Darius shook his head sadly. "But for good or ill is a different matter entirely."
    Adrian turned to him, annoyed. "I didn't hear your objections during the Psyker Project."
    "That was different. We were augmenting the abilities of fully developed and willing volunteers. This is the creation of a new creature, born with the power of a god. He has nothing to compare it to; it will be natural for him. We will simply seem completely inferior to him."
    "I think you're overreacting. We have nothing to worry about." Adrian checked off the last bulletin and put the clipboard under her arm.
    "This is going to bring nothing but good to the Unity."
    Darius put his hand on her shoulder and sighed.
    "I dearly hope you are right, my friend. If you aren't, then dark times may be ahead."
    Adrian smiled and turned back to the elevator, her clicking heels fading as she walked away. Darius Lorne took one last look at the child in the tank, and slowly turning, followed her out of the room.

------------Year 009321B------------
    ------------28 Years Later------------

Inops

Darius Lorne sat at the cockpit of his personal ship, The Silverwing. He looked virtually unchanged in 28 years, a result of his species, the Quarr, having extended lifespans compared to humans. As he entered the murky atmosphere of the scum planet Inops, his chin instinctively inflated in revulsion as a wave of noxious air passed through his ventilation system as he switched to atmosphere mode. Inops was a garbage dump of a planet, but Darius had good reason to be here: an old colleague of his from his days as a Unity scientist, Dr. Hermann Kessler, had contacted him with the promise of something of vital importance to the Resistance against Cykris. He hadn't stated what it was, but Darius trusted the old geneticist with his life and knew that whatever he had was worth his time. Landing the ship in an old docking bay, Darius got up and exited though the airlock. Stepping out into the foggy and dirty atmosphere of Inops, Darius supressed a gag reflex, handing the toothless docking bay proprietor 20 Diom. The man grinned, pocketing the currency, and giggled wheezily. Darius moved on, putting a large cloak and hood over his mask so as not to be spotted by Cykris's agents. He stepped out into the chaotic and busy street of the prison planet and set out to find Dr. Kessler, moving at a quick jog.
    OOC: And so it begins.
    Last edited by GigaRidley; 01-08-2011 at 09:32 PM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    And as fate would have it, one Gerumbio Noss happened to be orbiting the moon of Inops, a trade outpost known as Ft. Stank. The fort was nicknamed by the a of human soldiers due to its proximity to Inops, and by extension, its wretched smell.
    Noss coughed. "Emmy, would you turn on the air filters please?"
    Right away Master Noss...
    Emmy was the artificial intelligence core of his traveling shop, the Emerald Moon.
    "That's better."
    Noss walked to the back of the ships storeroom, and withdrew a few thousand Diom.
    The prices they charge for liquid Vort-gas these days, I mean really. Rancid-smelling ex-criminals, the lot of them.
    Noss reached into his large pockets, and withdrew, among other trinkets, a gyp-silk handkerchief, and an Empire memo detailing known Resistance members that have sizable bounties.
    "These should do just fine." Noss stuffed the handkerchief up one of his large nostrils, then crumpled up the memo, and stuffed it up the other.
    Are you sure that will suffice Master Noss? My sensors indicate that the gas on this planet is highly toxic.
    "Nothing is toxic to me, Em. This is just for the smell."

OOC: And then,
    thei fleugh intoo sp8ce!!!1
    |--------------------

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Garbage flung from side to side. The wretched stench of Inops was nearly intollerable to most; but for those who had been there the longest, Inops smelled of nothing but opportunity. There, they had learned to live by their sense of smell. Different smells meant different things whether it was for food, or shelter, even weapons each had their own distinct smell. That was the cheif reason that a tall man was now digging through a heaping pile of trash, throwing things out of his way in a hurredly fashion. After a few moments of digging, he found what his nose had known was there.

He grasped the metal handle of it, and slowly pulled it out of the rubble. It glowed brightly, and was roughly a meter in length, no more than two inches in width. Carvings were inscripted all over the metal rod, and as the man looked over it and ran his fingers across it, a group of people walked up behind him.

"Well well, look at what our little friend Orbus has found. That'll fetch a mighty fine price once we escape this rock. So come on Frater," the man said holding out his hand, "Why dontcha just give it up... Before this gets ugly."

Orbus Frater slowly stood up, the metal rod still clutched tightly in his grasp. He slowly opened his mouth, "Ok Gentor... You win..."

The man chuckled and stepped forward to claim his prize, and in a flash of a second, the metal rod had struck him across the face, knocking the man to the ground along with knocking a few of his teeth out. The man yelled in pain struggling to get up, and Orbus took off like a speeding laser. The man got up and the group of five alien thugs chased after Orbus. He sprinted through the streets, dashing from garbage pile to garbage pile. Running in and out of the alleyways in an attempt to lose them; no such luck.

One of the thugs happened to be of the Carcheran Species, and quickly got down on all fours and began catching up to Orbus frighteningly quickly. Orbus could feel him coming, and just as the creature leapt for his back, Orbus jumped into the air, spiralling. As he spiralled, he reached in his pocket and his hand found four sharply pointed scraps of metal that he through at the creature in midair. The metal sheared sking from bone as the poor beast fell to the floor, bleeding profusely. Orbus grinned.

"One down... Four to go."

Orbus took off again through the streets, not stopping for anything. Suddenly, his left shoulder felt like it was on fire. He looked and saw he had been shot by one of the thugs laser bolts. He tried to hold back the pain and headed for the nearby Docking Station, hoping to find some sort of outlander or guard to help him. He leapt towards the docking bay, falling to the ground where he landed directly in front of what looked like a man dawned in cloak and mask.

"Please... Help me..." Orbus muttered, grasping at his arm and making sure to hide the metal rod that he had found.

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Darius took a step back to avoid the young man who had suddenly been flung into his trail.
    "Please... help me..."
    Before Darius had time to react, he and the injured man found themselves surrounded by a gang of four surly-looking aliens. The largest one, apparently the leader, grinned and stepped towards him.
    "Greetings, friend. I'm sorry you had to get involved in this, but this man has cheated us and stolen one of my... prized possessions. I am sure you understand the severity of this crime, and he must be punished for it."
    The thug moved to grab the injured man on the floor, but Darius moved in his way.
    "I know your face. You're Gentor, aren't you? Arrested on six accounts of armed robbery with a weapon, four accounts of third-degree burglary, two counts of cruiser-vehicle theft, and two counts of murder in the second degree?"
    The man's grin began to falter.
    "That's my name, yeah. What's it to you?"
    "If you're Gentor, then I can say with 100% certainty that this man has done nothing wrong. At the very worst, he stole something that you stole from someone else, but I wouldn't be surprised if you just decided to kill him because you were bored. Back off, and you don't have to get any more... hurt than you already are."
    Darius gestured to the man's missing teeth and swollen eye. Gentor spat out a gob of blood and put up his fists.
    "Fine then, freak, you can join your little buddy!"
    Gentor directed a crushing blow at Darius's mask. Acting with lightning speed, Darius threw up his cloak covered arm, Gentor's fist connecting with his rock-hard fin. With a sickening crack sound, Gentor screamed, falling to the ground and cradling his shattered fist. At the same time, two of the other thugs charged him. Anticipating their movement, Darius expertly leaped over the first thug, sweeping his leg as he hit the ground, then spun around, hitting the second thug directly in the stomach. As the thug recoiled in pain, Darius slid forward to follow him and spun in a circle, punching the thug square in the jaw. As he collapsed in a heap, unconcious, the final thug made a small, fearful squeaking noise and fled out of sight, into the crowd. Darius looked around; aside from a few people cheering on the fight, most of the citizens of Inops had continued about their daily lives. He figured that they had gotten used to spectacles such as these; Inops was a violent and dangerous planet. Helping the injured man up, he moved him off the street and laid him down in a nearby alley so as not to attract the attention of any guards.
    So much for keeping a low profile... let's just hope I can do what I came here to do and get out without any more scuffles.
    Turning his attention to the young man he had saved, Darius leaned up against a wall and crossed his arms.
    "Not very bright, kid. Stealing from a man like Gentor is liable to get you killed."

Member #
    Friends
    Orbus grinned, breathing heavily, "You have no idea sir... Heh... Thank you for your assistance, by the way..." He gripped at his arm, "I think I need some medical attention..."

Orbus slowly stood up, making sure to keep what he stole tucked in his ragged coat out of view. He turned to leave, but then stopped and looked back at the cloaked man.

"Perhaps we can help eachother... You seem to be quite adept at fighting, but you also seem to be looking for something. This planet is extremely dangerous... And difficult to traverse, even for many who know the place. If you help me, I can help you find what you're looking for."

Orbus sniffed the air, and grinned.

"Ahhh... That is why you are so agile... From your scent, you must be a Quarr. What's your name, traveler?"

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Darius paused at the question. The young man seemed trustworthy, but Cykris's henchmen were everywhere. If the wrong person got wind of his identity, the Querymen would descend on him before he could say "Resistance". Darius finally decided to risk it.
    "I'm Dr. Darius Lorne. You can call me Darius. No one calls me 'Doctor' anymore."
    Darius stifled a chuckle.
    "I'm no medical genius, but I can take a quick look at your shot."
    Darius grabbed the young man's left shoulder and leaned in to take a better look. The wound was relatively small, but deep; thankfully, it looked like the thug that had shot him had an older-model blaster. The heat from the laser had cauterized the wound, but it would take a day or two before the arm could be moved comfortably.
    "I have to say, kid, you got pretty lucky, all things considered. We ought to get a wrap and some gauze for that, but you ought to be good as new soon enough. Any place nearby where we can get anything like that?"

Member #
    Friends
    Orbus smiled. "Before we go any further, I am Orbus Frater; stowaway of Inops... I have lived here all my life, so forgive the smell, it is all I have ever known. Here, follow me."

Orbus led Darius through a few alleyways, down a few side streets, up a few trash heaps, and down into the bellowing stinking depths of the diseased rock known as Inops. They finally stopped at a small building made underground, a minute sign on the door in a forgotten language was posted.

"See this?" Orbus pointed at the sign. "This is written in a language not spoken for years It is made so not just anyone can get in unless they know the password, and only few know how to say that word in this forgotten language. Luckily though, you have me."

Orbus grinned, looked at the door, then muttered and hissed an undiscernible word. There was a creaking sound, and the door opened to his voice recognition. The two of them stepped inside the door, a tired old man sitting in a chair behind the desk sat sleeping, and Orbus smiled.

"Here we can get whatever medical aide we need... Darius, I welcome you to the office of Dr. Kessler."

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Darius was shocked by his stroke of good fortune.
    "As it just so happens, Dr. Kessler was the man I was looking for."
    Darius walked up to the sleeping old man and gently pushed him, waking him from his slumber. The man leaned back in his chair and rubbed his eyes, pushing his glassy spectacles off of the crook of his nose.
    "Orbus? Is that you? I told you... not to hide out here... it's too dangerous!"
    "Not quite, Hermann."
    Dr. Kessler looked up and nearly fell out of his seat in shock.
    "Darius! My old friend! I'm glad you're here!"
    Leaping from his chair with surprising speed, Kessler shook Darius's hand jovially.
    "Likewise, Hermann. I must say I got very lucky in finding you. If it wasn't for your friend Orbus here..."
    Kessler chuckled.
    "Well, I try to keep a low profile. This planet is crawling with loyal servants of the Emperor. Orbus helps out by going out into the open and in places I can't."
    Kessler suddenly noticed Orbus's wound.
    "Orbus! Your shoulder! What did you do this time?"
    Kessler began rummaging through a box of medical supplies on the floor.

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Squig stood on the edge of his battleship and stared at the jungle below him. He was flying over the planet Jungella, which was famous for having incredibly bizarre and rare animals. He was there to pick up a batch of beetles called Gelotous Mamutho, or Jellys, as he liked to call them.

"Hmmm....this planet is pretty, I guess, but I wish that master wouldent force me to be his errand-boy. Am I right, Fallo?" said Squig

Standing next to Squig was a tall, muscular man named Fallo Orderias. He had short blond hair, an intimidating yet handsome face, and wore a black tuxedo. He was Squigs official bodyguard, and in addition to protecting Squig, he was also forced to do anything that Squig told him to do.

"......that makes sense....." mumbled Fallo

"What? For the love of god, man, speak louder!" complained Squig

"I said that what you said makes sense." said Fallo, louder this time

"Thats right. I mean, Im a general for crying out loud, why am I stuck doing this boring stuff? Oh well. Hey, I hear that theres some super-hot and tasty peppers that grow deep in the jungle here. We should buy some when we land." said Squig, licking his lips

"Well, if you want those peppers, youd better hope that money grows on trees on this planet!" yelled a voice behind Squig. "Those things are super-expensive due to how scarce they are!"

Squig turned to see one of his crew members walking towards him.

"Well then, I guess that we will just have to go on an expedition to find some." said Squig. "You, Fallo, and some other crew members can come with me."

"....but....but.....but you dont understand how dangerous it- "

The crew member was cut off by Squig.

"Stop whining and fetch me five other guys, you sissy. We are going whether you like it or not!" yelled Squig

"OK, fine. But dont say I didnt warn you."

Squig stood for a moment, thinking going into the jungle to search for peppers. He was considering abandoning the search, as he too knew about the dangerous beasts that lived in there, many of them extremely poisonous. But he got over this after remembering that he had on his ship nearly every antidote in existence, along with a quality hospital. They also had strong weapons to take with them.

"ATTENTION EVERYONE. WE ARE NOW 5 MINUTES AWAY FROM OUR DESTINATION. PREPARE FOR LANDING." said an annoucement over the loudspeaker

OOC: lol, I promise that Squig wont get this sidetracked very often. I just wanted to show how immature he is.

ε(3`)з

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Member #
    Friends
    Orbus chuckled as the old man began to bandage his wound.

"Just another scuffle with Gentor, nothing out of the ordinary... A few scrapes and bruises here and there, nothing too severe. I have to say though, if it wasn't for Darius here, I might not have succeeded in collecting what I have found..."

He discreetly reached into his ragged robes and pulled out the metal rod, inlaid with carvings, and laid it on the Doctor's desk. Kessler jumped back with surprise and his eyes grew huge with excitement, shock, and a trickle of fear.

"Orbus... That can't be... Is it?"

Orbus simply smiled.

"Yes, it is Doctor. Its the thing we have been searching for. The resistance now has a weapon."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads