LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: The World Asunder (Sign-Up and OOC Discussion)

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Well, there's a lot of wiggle room within the Good alignment, but Aeolus and the people who follow him are pretty bad dudes. Of course, you can also make a neutral character.

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    I will read this over when I have the time. Possibly next week.
    Neosquid and GigaRidley like this.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Awesome, man! I hope you decide to join!

♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    tldr

Hopefully obvious joking aside, I'm reading it now. Unsure when you should be expecting an SU from me. Perhaps I'll wait to see if there's a shortage of a certain type of character.
    GigaRidley likes this.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    needz les diamonds
    Neosquid likes this.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    I'm sorry, what?

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Bit of an inside joke aimed at Squidface, never you mind.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

for we've never once met Lennox's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0111-0000-0101-0000
    Name: Kai Fishwash
    Species: Human
    Alignment: Regular
    Appearance: A scrawny guy with kind of sunken eyes. Fairly dark skin and black hair, with black irises. Below average height, with the right half of his hair singed stumpily short and the left half longer. Usually wears a plain shirt and pants with a long coat and boots. He has tattoos on the front of his forearms, two lines of variously sized broken circles with angular lines going through them. Also has a weird thing where he sneezes a lot despite not really having any other sinus problems.
    Biography: Born to a young Mirieli woman who was working doing cooking and cleaning for some monks on Miriel in an ancient temple said to have been constructed by the unrisen, a lost sister-race of mankind from the time of the surface world. Has a twin sister, Samna Fishwash. Samna and Kai's father left their mother before they were born, and they were raised in large part by the monks, taught the spiritual ways of the Mirieli, the Fae, and what could be reconstructed of that of the unrisen, the latter being practiced uniquely by this sect of monks. Around the age of sixteen or seventeen he left for Lokasen, where he learned to fly a plane. After working odd jobs long enough to save up some cash, he bought a dependable biplane that’s small enough to be fast and maneuverable but big enough that he can make a living moving cargo and occasionally passengers between the islands.
    Personality: A bit of a delinquent, foul mouthed, with a tendency to start trouble when left unattended. But still a pretty cheerful guy, and he rarely seems angry. A bit volatile though. Alleged arsonist.
    Familiar:
    1. A thin steel-and-leather brace around his left forearm, with saether rivets, usually hidden under bandaging. Still hasn’t quite got the hang of controlling it, but can create small incendiary explosions within a radius of about one to ten meters.
    2. I possession of a mask made of dyed bone embedded with geometric shapes of black glass which occasionally glow brightly. It looks like a familiar, but he is never seen wearing or using it. Given to him by his sister for safekeeping.
    3. Magic Bullet (3)
    Other Skills: Very skilled with his switchblade, and likes to show off about it, often doing elaborate blade tricks. Carries a pistol. He’s a competent enough mechanic to keep his plane running, and a dependably good pilot. Not the best, but he won’t crash into stuff that’s not moving. Also a very talented fiddler.

Name: Samna Fishwash
    Species: Human
    Alignment: Regular
    Appearance: The same slim build as her brother, and about his height, average for a woman. Long black hair, usually kept tied back, fairly dark skin and black irises. Usually dresses, in the tradition of the monks she was raised with, in the style of the unrisen, in long red and brown cloth garments, and always keeps her forearms covered by sleeves or wraps.
    Biography: Samna was raised on Miriel with her twin brother Kai, but when he left to pursue a life off the island as a pilot, she stayed on at Miriel, and eventually, though not an officially ordained monk, rose to a position of leadership within the island’s loosely defined governing council. The council mostly consists of spiritual leaders from each village and temple, and she is usually sent as the representative for the temple of the unrisen by the Abbot and the monks.
    Recently uncovered an ancient unrisen artifact that she believes to be a familiar with a power capacity the likes of which hasn't been seen since ages before the Last War, which she has left with her brother for safekeeping.
    Personality: Short-tempered but good at keeping a calm exterior. Can often be somewhat petty when she perceives that she has been slighted, but never openly. Intelligent and a skilled manipulator, but with a concern for the well being of others as well as for her own advancement. Significantly more spiritually aware than her brother.
    Familiar: Nah.
    Other Skills: Her skills as a diplomat have led to her repeatedly being chosen to represent her temple at the council, and she is good at talking her way out of trouble. Very well read, and knows a lot about the various cultures of the six kingdoms. Also a very talented amateur sculptor.

(Samna might not end up being quite as prominent as Kai, unless someone wants to have an Erigan character and get some diplomacy-action going. Eh? Eh? Anyone? No? Squidman?)
    Last edited by Lennox; 12-18-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    This looks interesting for the most part, I might make a character and actually take part (normally I just watch).

You've caught my eye though so chances are I probably will if I can think of an appropriate character to create.

PS: Also out of interest do all the races have different life spans or are they just the same as a Humans (for the most part anyway)?
    GigaRidley and Neosquid like this.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    @Lennox: Both Accepted!
    @Pichu2K7: Well, for the most part, humans, Gedric, Thryth and Dwarves have around the same average life expectancy. However, the Fae have been known to live significantly longer, and have an average life expectancy of around 130 years. The Kapshen on the other hand can theoretically live forever, and do not die of old age. They are a unique race such that the older they get, the stronger they get, growing tougher scales and thicker muscles. However, they lead short, violent lives, so it is quite rare to see any Kapshen over the age of 25 or so. And I hope you join us! The more the merrier!

Ads