LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: The World Asunder (Sign-Up and OOC Discussion)

for we've never once met Lennox's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0111-0000-0101-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Johaggis View Post
    Why not simply post it in here instead? Also, I'm more referring to the things like: "OOC: I subscribed to this thread." or "OOC: Oh man you guys started." Perfectly fine in here, but let's keep the game thread as, you know, the game thread.
    He's right you know. Only because the signatures are so huge.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Name: Vince Fredrick Teslanciere (Aka: Vin, or Tesla)
    Race: Human
    Allegiance: Good

Appearance: Vin is a young, handsome man a bit on the scrawny side. His intellect and love for all things science is apparent in his bookwormish like demeanor. He has blonde hair in a lengthy bowl-cut style with a small bit of hair in a tiny ponytail where the back of his head meets the back of his neck. In his normal wear he sports thin framed glasses with large lenses, a very thick brown jacket that seems a bit too large for his size and shape, a longe sleeve dark yellow shirt covered with black rubber overalls, black knee-high rubber boots, and his several pockets usually contain a number of different gizmos and gadgets. In battle, his glasses are replaced with thick goggles made of leather and metal. His shoulders and chest bear brass looking metal plating and his shins are covered with thick metal straps. On his back he wears a large, old scifi-ish, steampunk looking device with all sorts of gauges, lights, and electro rods showing. A hose connects from this device to a gun-shaped device he holds in his hands, which now have thick, long, non-conductive rubber gloves about elbow length.

Personality: Vin is a clumsy fellow. His intelligence makes him somewhat awkward in comparison to others seeing as he usually has nothing to relate to with others. Though kind in nature his heart mostly goes out of his work in science. His love for which gave him his job, as the personal technological expert and overseer for King Alexance of Avalon. He is so passionate about what he learns and believes he will even argue with the King for a brief moment before remembering his place.

Biography: As said before, a lover of science and technology, Vin works in the castle creating more advancements in technology in the name of Avalon. His outstanding intelligence, higher than that of the scientists of Erigan, has earned high respect from the King, although Vin isn't given the pull in the kingdom he sees that he needs to better the kingdom in the leaps and bounds he envisions. This is thanks to the King and he disagree on one thing. Science or magic. Seither, to the king, is the most powerful thing anyone will ever be able to obtain. Vin believes otherwise. The overhyped seither, in his eyes, pales in the comparison of what technology could become. The King sees technology as a great asset, but only when it is aided and fueled by seither. But Vin plans to show the world an energy source that will rid the world of its dependence on the very thing that nearly destroyed the world itself, and by doing that, he must prove his power source to be superior. With the aid of his personal assistant, Barthalamuel, a robotic humanoid he created, he will rid the world of its addiction while aiding his country with all his tools as proof that there are better ways to keep things turning.

Familiar: "I think I'd rather not." -Vin.

Other Skills: Vin is a combat ready handyman that dwarfs anyone else in mechanic know how. His tools were created for both war and peace, with some sort of weapon or gadget made for any situation. Whether it be battle, repair, or whatever else life might throw at him.

♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Two notes. One, I'm not a natural born writer, but I try, so bear with me. Second, I enjoy doing things to the dialogue with the intent of making it stand out more. For example, this "Arial Narrow" font right here. I'm experimenting with various fonts, I'm not sure how I feel about this one. It stands out, but is it slightly too difficult to read? Be honest with me. I'm fine with doing something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Johaggis View Post
    Why not simply post it in here instead? Also, I'm more referring to the things like: "OOC: I subscribed to this thread." or "OOC: Oh man you guys started." Perfectly fine in here, but let's keep the game thread as, you know, the game thread.
    Agreed.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Name: Asriale Derae'Vilicea
    Race: Fae
    Allegiance: Good

Appearance: Muscular, fit, and attractive, Asriale has an appearance that still makes him hide his face and consider himself an outcast. His hair is a dark blue and many golden lines that appear like elegantly designed veins can be found on his skin. His irises are white which tend to scare any who gaze upon them. It is said he is this way because of his heritage. He clothes in mostly green attire. With dark green over shirt covering his golden chain-mail underneath. He wears a short red cape over his left shoulder that bears a golden crest of Miriel. He has brown fingerless leather gloves reaching up to the middle of his forearms and brown leather boots about mid shin height. On his left forearm he has a small metal plate for that arm usually stays unarmed. He usually keeps his face hidden with a green hood.

Biography: Left to die in the wilderness he was found by a member of the council. Raised to be a trained Assassin, Asriale had a rough childhood. Day after day of training has hardened both his body and mind. Though they took his innocence, they didn't take his personality. Though his loyalty to the council is unwavering, his heart turns weak to Anya and all beautiful women he may meet. Though he is a shadow. Not known fully to anybody but the council and a select few entrusted to aid raise and train him... Or so he has been told. In actuality, and unbeknownst to him, his parents and entire bloodline have been killed off.. By order of the Council. The Old Ones, as they were called, were a subrace of Fae that kept some genetic traits of the original Fae ancestors. They were more powerful and intelligent Han the common Fae, but also less peaceful. The Fae saw that if the Old Ones weren't taken care of they would drag them into unnecessary wars one after the other. Asriale is the last of that bloodline.

Personality: As already said, Asriale is somewhat of a ladies man. Not able to resist the beauty of women, he often flirts. Always to no avail, of his own choice though. Though the chase may be exciting, he knows his duty and appearance would not allow a relationship of any kind. Though he does not allow this to distract him of his duties.

Familiars: Asriale uses his Familiar, a small dagger which he has named Serpent, to send poisonous magic throughout his enemies veins. Just a touch, and they silently drop dead. As for his abilities in seitherjen, he uses them for stealth. His magic can do things such as temporary invisibility, muffle his footsteps, shirt distance teleportation, and moving far away objects as distractions.

Other abilities: Asriale is a master assassin and unmatched in stealth. His ability to disappear and kill everyone within an area with nobody being aware that it ever happened is astounding.

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Your characters look great Bodine. As always, good to see you on board.

OOC: I posted that so I would be subscribed to the thread and get notifications on who posts and when rather than have to check back just to see where it's at. This is also helpful in accordance with the fact that I'm not posting as my character yet as I feel it would clash too many situations at once and cause confusion so to that effect I would rather be patient and read what others have to post in the meantime via my subscription to the thread depicted in my "OOC" within the thread.

Now that that's out of the way, lets just enjoy the RP, shall we?

@ Nick: cliche characters? No such thing. Lol. Just go ahead and do it man whether its cliche or not you always seem to have interesting character ideas/development.
    Neosquid likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    @Bodine: Both Accepted, just make sure Mr. Assassin isn't too outrageously powerful.

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    Eh, as long as it's limited to an occasional minor note that's posted along with actual in character text, I think it's acceptable.
    http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/image...20100625234712

Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    I posted that so I would be subscribed to the thread
    Protip: Thread tools -> subscribe to thread. No post needed.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Name: Citri Liquoric
    Species: Human (Volur)
    Age: Unknown. Seems to be in her late teens or early twenties.
    Country: Unknown. Resides in Middle Avalon much of the time.
    Allegiance: Good/Neutral
    Appearance: Citri has long black hair, which has a few red streaks in it. She is quite pretty, although most would say she leans much more towards the cute side. She is rather average in size for a woman of her (estimated) age, being 5'7 tall and weighing about 130 pounds, with an average breast size. She generally alternates between two outfits. She wears the Kingdom Guard uniform while on duty for them. While not wearing that, she is usually wearing a small orange coat, which is rather thin and is composed of a soft material. The coat is colored so that the sleeves, neck area, and bottom all end in a black band. She keeps this unzipped most of the time. Under the coat she wears a white and black striped shirt, with the stripes being horizontal. She wears a knee length pleated skirt, which is orange with a few large black flower designs on it. Regardless of her outfit, she is always wearing a black scarf with a few large white flower designs on it.

Biography: Not much is known about Citri's past. She seems to have no actual memory of anything more than a few years ago, which was when she was hired by the Kingdom Guard. Since then, she has aided them with various missions, most of them involving her abnormally frightening fighting ability (will go into more later). She resides in a Middle Avalon apartment, which the Kingdom Guard helps pay for. She has a few friends throughout the city which she visits during her free time.

Personality: Citri is a very excited and curious girl. She's kind to just about anyone, and is very bubbly. Unfortunately, she is quite stupid. Among other things, this leads to her mindlessly following the orders of the Kingdom Guard without questioning whether or not what she's doing is right. There are times when she, for some reason, acts slightly out of character. Lately, this has been becoming more and more frequent.

Familiar: Citri usually just uses her Familiar to power up her attacks with seithrjen. For example, she can charge seithrjen to power up her punches, which she often uses. She is also capable of using it to fire blasts of red magic.

Her Familiar does have an actual physical form, which is rather deadly. It is simple, yet very, very effective. It is a giant red axe, rivaling Citri herself in size. Despite its immense size, she is able to easily swing it around to cut down foes. She doesn't axeually (...) use it all that often, since she generally doesn't need it to destroy things, but it helps as a last resort or if she's up against a powerful foe.

Other Skills: Citri doesn't use any physical weapons aside from her Familiar. Despite her appearance, she is horrifyingly potent in combat even without it. She is very agile, and often just punches enemies into oblivion even without seithr. Although not indestructible by any means, she is capable of tanking most attacks with ease. And of course, being a Volur, she can generate her own seithr.

I'm slightly confused about whether or not she's allowed to use seithrjen magic blasts without her Familiar. I guess I could integrate it with her Familiar if it's not possible. And regarding the OP categorization, just put her under "Good", I guess. Edit: Got it, edited.
    Last edited by Neosquid; 12-20-2013 at 03:03 PM.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    @Neosquid: Just include her seithrjen abilities to tie into her Familiar, since she needs a source of seithr to perfrom them, and I'll Accept it.

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Edited, Giga.

Two more things I'm a taaaad unsure about. Am I correct in thinking that portions of the Lower Avalon city end on a cliff? It is a floating island, after all, but I'm not 100% sure that the Lower Avalon city extends to the edge of the island. And regarding the Soot District in particular, I do believe that, at the moment, some random fleeing civilians, the Splinters, the giant Splinter, Ansa, and Pumice are there now? I'm not sure if there's any Avalon Protection Force members there now besides Ansa, and I don't believe the Kingdom Guard is sending anyone down there, correct? I'm aware that Lambert/Masked Knight is on his way there.

Just wanna be sure that I've got everything straight. Maybe some other people were unsure too. It can be a bit difficult keeping track of all this information.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Ads