Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The World Asunder

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    "How are we doing this?" Lambert walked along Ansa as the two of them circled the park. He could still hear the violin music, faint but there.

"When is the kingdom doing?" He rubbed his chin, "They know where the rebellion is, you think they would stop it while it's small?"

Sure as it was, besides for the gate there was a minimum amount of guards around the area. "Do you think that it's because of that broadcast? That might of put them in a rough spot. On one hand if they brought their whole force down, they might be vilified and the people will gain sympathy from foreign powers. On the other hand, if they try to appease, they might look weak and others might take advantage of that. Dealing with such things as this are troubling"

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    "Likely the Kingdom Guard High Officers are discussing the matter right now. The longer they wait for an actual action or decision, though, the stronger the rebellion will grow and the harder it will be for this to have a peaceful resolution."
    Ansa stopped and looked around. She saw one rather lanky, young Kingdom Guard recruit, but he wasn't looking their way, and other than that they were alone. This would be a good place as any.
    "Hold up."
    She gestured to the park's large wall.
    "Think you can jump this?"

Member #
    Friends
    He released a huge toothy grin, before burying it underneath an expression of mock insult, "You think I can't?"

He grabbed the young fae, "Just hang on tight, don't want to drop you on the way up"

He looked around him, spying for any guards willing to take him in. Taking a second to breath, before shooting off like a rocket. A wind assaulted the hair of on the pair's head as they gained height until they reach the peak of their ascension. Lambert somersaulted over the concrete barrier, his back a mare inch above it. Both feet together dug into the ground below, kicking up a cloud of dirt that surrounded the two.

Though that might have not been the best of things as when the dust cleared, there was an small army surrounding them. Lambert nearly readied himself for a battle before reminding himself that this must be the rebels that they were looking for.

One rebel, too poor to have a proper weapon, yet alone a familiar, held a spade trying to look as threatening as possible.

Lambert raised his hands, "I am the Masked Knight. Sir, I believe that Kai Fishwash extended an invitation my way."

The rebel turned to the man closest to him, who shrugged. He glanced at the opposite direction to another who nodded. The crowd relaxed their arms. The man with the spade tilted his head, directing them to forward him as the crowd dispersed.

for we've never once met Lennox's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0111-0000-0101-0000
    The song had reached the duet portion, through which the two singers traditionally sped as fast as possible without stumbling over their words or their feet. Kai danced around in a tight circle with a young blonde woman from Lower Avalon, the two singing in alternate.

"Laugh not--"

“--said the angel, angel fair, to the devil she said said she,”

"all devils must take the long long fall, no diff'rent in death than he!"

The song was of course not of Mirieli origin, but it reminded Kai of the Fire Festivals he and his sister had attended back at home. There he had learned the devil’s part so well that most of his dancing partners couldn’t keep up with him, but it had been a long time since, and he was rusty.

As he sang his part, faster than before now, Kai wondered whether he’d ever get to go to the Fire Festival again. He’d loved it as a boy, though Samna for reasons he never understood had prefered its counterpart, the Moon Festival. He was fairly certain he’d be safe from the King of Avalon if he ever returned to Miriel, but in retrospect he probably should have double-checked with Samna on that. He made a mental note to wire her about it. The girl, whose name Kai was fairly sure he remembered, continued.

“If a devil is a devil and a devil is he, he'll end him on the ground. If the devil wear rags or silk or steel or if he wear a crown!"

"Who's wiser then--"

“--said the devil said he--"

"--the hangman or the king? For the king has a sword and the king has a crown but the other has a rope to bring!”

It struck him suddenly how odd it was for him to be thinking of Miriel now, when before he could have freely gone home whenever he liked. When was the next Fire Festival? The days were still getting shorter, weren’t they? Maybe not. Had he missed it?

A squat, grey-bearded man picked up as Sargon, singing from the base of the statue.

“But lo! cried Sargon falling still I'd have a rope for me! And if it be a hangman's noose 'tis but the mortal fee! For any price I'd pay to 'scape this fate incurred of sin. If I cannot have a noose in hand I'll take in 'neath the--"

The sound of a gunshot cut the man off, and Kai almost dropped the girl mid-dance as he swung her out by the hand.

He recovered to two feet and turned to see what the growing commotion was over. Two dozen guns and half as many familiars were aimed at a point near the east wall. Whoever had fired had missed, it seemed.

Kai gave an exaggerated bow to the girl before excusing himself.

“Dozens apologies, Desdamine, dozens excuses.”

Kai strode over to the mass encircling the wall.

“What’s all this then?”

“It’s the Masked Knight!” yelled one woman, lowering her gun.

“He’s come to join us!” someone else shouted.

“Right! Good news that! That was, uh, that was quick! And I suppose that leap is enough to prove you’re who you say you are, huh? He did jump, didn't he?"

"Yeah," said a Kapshen pointing a long knife at the man, "he's lucky we ain't hit him as he came over he is."

"Oh well good, good. Good we didn't."

Kai cleared his throat, then made a face as though he were about to sneeze, but in the end didn’t.

“Hello! I’m Kai Fishwash, and it’s damn fine to make your friendship!”

The circle parted to make way for Kai, who approached the Masked Knight and extended a hand.

“Oh! And you too of course, Miss.”

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Pumice went through the refrigerator looking for snacks. He grabbed a bottle of lemonade along with some white-chocolate chip cookies, and rolled back to one of the computer terminals in a swivel chair. He had barely started the first cookie when he noticed the Masked Knight jumping the park wall, holding the Fae woman.

"Shiiiiit, I gotta hurry!" muttered Pumice, to himself. He rolled over to another terminal and started typing things in on the keyboard. He was trying to hack into Avalon's Direct Emergency Broadcast System, or DEBS. This was a system used to broadcast vocally to all of Avalon using various speakers located throughout the city. The broadcast could be heard pretty much anywhere, but it was obviously much louder if you were near one of the speakers. The system was intended to be used for any emergency which could threaten the public, but in reality it was not used for the majority of splinter outbreaks in Lower Avalon. Once in a blue moon it would be used for various important announcements, but only the most important and/or urgent ones, everything else was limited to radio and similar communication. He had had shut it down earlier during the Splinter invasion, but trying to hijack it altogether was a bit different.

He quickly looked around AM11 for a microphone of sorts. Not able to find one, he settled for a walkie talkie from one of the cabinets. He quickly rolled back to the camera monitor and looked at the Violet Hand Inn camera. Sure enough, the Grey Reapers had not yet arrived, as he expected. Good, he needed a bit more time before this project was complete. It should only be a few more minutes, he thought...
    Last edited by Neosquid; 01-03-2014 at 11:22 PM.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Lambert took his hand and leaned before, his head by the side of the rebel's leader's ear.

What came was a low growl, just loud enough for Kai and Ansa to hear, "Sir, what exactly are you doing here?"

A veil of politeness barely masked a sort of contempt. His eyes darted to from one side of the crowd to the next, seeing all the faces ready for a fight. He shook the hand up and down, giving a charade of an agreement, "Your friend Weidr told us that sparking an rebellion is not something you would usually do. Said that you left him as soon as he ran into a bit of trouble. So tell me what are you doing here?"

The volume of his voice threatened to increase and his grip started to tighten down on Kai's hand.

The people looked excited, and he could tell why, but this wasn't right. He didn't want his home to get plunge into a battle where they would only get slaughtered because of some foreign punk. No matter how much they wanted things to change, wishing hard enough wouldn't accomplish anything.

He left his mouth ajar and let out a breeze, before mechanically letting go of Fishwash's hand. He glance aside to Ansa before muttering, "Mr Fishwash, do you think that we might be able to have a word alone with you?"

He glance at the people celebrating, but if everything went well in their little meeting than this would end abruptly. He would let them this happiness a bit longer, but he figured that disappointment was a better end than the spilling of blood.

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    Karigen was suddenly startled awake by his phone ringing.

"Ugh...some noise" He said as he rolled in his bed and picked up his phone.

"Hello?" He tiredly let out. It was one of his friends from earlier. The voice sounded panicked and mumbled a few things quickly to him.

"What? What do you mean there's a splinter attack? It'd be on the news n shit like always." All Karigen wanted to do was sleep on his hangover, he'd had far too much to drink before he went to sleep. The person said more things.

"No, I don't care about the guards even if one of them is your friend, I have a sore head and I'm still half asleep. What? What do you mean they're evacuating citizens? That's the most ridi-" There was a chap at the door, Karigen quickly threw himself out of bed and grabbed his familiar, a small combat knife used by the Lokasen military so it was standard grade metal although he had it infused with Seithr so he could use it to fight other Seithr infused weapons and Splinters. He opened the door only to be met with a handful of guards fighting off splinters.

"This area is not safe, our men at the towers couldn't set off the alarm bell before the Splinters got them, you're to meet up with the rest of the civilians at the nearest park where we've set up temporary fortifications." The guard had a few scratches and burn wounds on him but the Lokasen guards were always equipped with enhanced armour, even if they weren't part of the elite squads they got lightly enchanted armour due to the amount of Splinter formations.

"You at the park?" He quickly said to his friend on the phone, they quickly responded with a one word answer. They then carried on and talked about meeting up somewhere else.

"Okay, I'll meet you there." Karigen said before hanging up the phone and nodding to the guard. He strapped his familiar onto a custom latch he had made on his jeans and set off to meet his friend at sprinting speed.

The sheer amount of splinters this time must've been because of the lack of attacks in the past fortnight, normally there's a splinter attack every few days but sometimes they just sort of pile up over time and all form at once causing things like this to happen. Whatever, I better meet her before we both end up as Splinter food. It's almost as if they...communicate it. Nah, they're mindless creatures living off instinct but still... His trail of thought cutting off as he stepped on something slippy like ice and fell over, twisting his leg in the process he quickly scrambled himself back up on his feet before letting out a grunt as he fought the pain in his leg and he limped off as fast he could to the meeting area.
    Last edited by Pichu2k7; 01-04-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0111-0000-0101-0000
    Kai was used to the occasional negative review from an employer, but this was the first time someone had badmouthed him to the Masked Knight. Next time he saw Weidr he'd have to give him a swift kick in the... actually he wasn't sure where. Maybe just stick with a smack in the mouth to be safe.

He eyed the woman the Knight had brought with him. She was APF, it looked like. He wasn't worried either way, now that he'd gone public any operative the king would send would want to see him hanged, not shot in the back. Show the people the establishment was still in control.

"Alone! Surely, yes. Just the three of us then."

Kai gestured over to a canvas overhang that had been strung up in a corner of the park with a radio, a table and a few chairs, a sort of a makeshift command center. He flexed his hand as the huge blue-armored man released it, concealing the pain of his tight grip. He wondered whether it was the armor that gave him his strength or something else. Maybe the mask? He absentmindedly touched his left hand to his own mask, dangling by a cord from the back of his belt. Kai had seen photos of the Masked Knight, but mostly blurry, far-off ones, and he hadn't been entirely prepared for how big he'd be. Still, he had bigger on his side.

"Unless of course you'd also like to bring your womanfriend here, she's welcome too. Harkaras! Come on, let's talk."

Member #
    Friends
    Was this guy trying to intimidate him or did he believe that this discussion would lead to a fight? He wouldn't want to hurt themember of orgekind. The man was from the same place as he was. Either way his opinion of Fishwash wasn't improving. Hopefully this would end quickly and they call all move on with their lives.He strutted to the canvas. He thought about trying to relax the people around by giving them a smile but could only glare as he felt deeply that they were all making a mistake. He moved under waiting for the others to join him.

Member #
    Friends
    0111-0000-0101-0000
    Kai was relieved to see that Harkaras was nearby. Of course he didn't need the muscle; even if he did think the Masked Knight were the type to try anything drastic, they were on his turf. But the thryth knew more about strategy than the Miriel boy ever had, and as his main connection with the trade unions he knew he'd be an important player going forward. But most importantly, Harkaras was the only person on Avalon that Kai was sure actually had some loyalty to him. He'd seen that in the battle for Haven Park and its aftermath.

The four of them reached the tent and Kai took a seat, taking an apple from a nearby barrel.

"So, as you know I'm Kai. Mr., uh... Knight, I think we might've gotten off on a bad foot here. I didn't ask for it and I don't know how it happened but somehow I ended up as spokesman for these people, and a couple of them are out for blood, yeah, but most of them just want a better-off peace. I think together we might be able to help make that happen. Apple anyone?"

Ads