+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The World Asunder

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Citri whispered to Karigen. "The woman in charge? Um, I dunno, some high ranked officer. Probs." said Citri, who was largely oblivious to Kingdom Guard leadership.

The guard near them yelled at Karigen, which agitated Citri a little. "GIVE COSPLAYERS SOME F-CKING RESPECT." she said to him loudly. To be honest she had already forgotten whether or not Karigen was a cosplayer or an actual Kapshen. Ah well, she'd ask him later.

"And who would you be, little girl?" snapped the guard

"I'm Citri Liquoric, also known as the "Nuclear Airhead" of the Kingdom Guard! Whatever that means." she stated proudly

Some of the guards near her let out a laugh. "Ah, right. You." said the guard, who was doing a bad job of concealing a laugh. "We don't need brainless firepower right now, we have enough idiots here as it is. So just lay back on the ground, um....Steve, what was her other name!?"

"The "Raging Axe Slut", I think!" said "Steve", causing the guards to laugh even louder. That wasn't an official nickname for her, he had just made it up, but it would be from now on.

Citri knew what that meant. Noticing herself starting to tear up, she buried her face in her arms.

ε(΄3`)з

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    "C'mon Citri, times are hard, you just gotta look up. Hell I won't lie, I get a lot of shit for being a Kapshen." Karigen said trying to comfort Citri, he knew what it was like to be hassled but he had grown accustomed to it.

All of a sudden fire was soaring through the air by the small group in the middle, burning guards all over the park. Fortunately the flames missed the small party of four, Karigen, Citri and the two guards.

Time for a little payback

"Eyes up Citri!" He said before quickly tripping the guard Steve up with his tail, he then quickly scrambled to his feet at an alarming speed and swiftly punched the other guard inbetween the legs causing to him to grasp his precious area and let out a loud sharp yelp. He then delivered a haymaker to him causing him to fall to the ground onto his back. Gunfire went off but Karigen kept his focus, the other guard was recovering and was now on his feet. He quickly grabbed the rifle he dropped and was about to fire on the Kapshen but Karigen was one step ahead as he threw his combat knife into the guards chest causing him to stagger. Karigen then removed the blade, took the rifle from the guard with ease as he didn't have a tight grip on it and smashed the side of the stock over his face causing him to fall to the ground unconscious.

The other guard was on the floor still holding his jewels, squirming around on the floor. Karigen swiftly kicked him across the face, causing some nasty gashes across his victims face from the impact of his claws.

"Come on Citri." He said, his heart racing from the adrenaline rush he had experienced from the fight. He fought dirty but what else could he do? He helped her up onto her feet.

"Now isn't the time for this..." He said as he quickly scanned the area for any aware guards. Nobody had noticed the fighting as they were either flailing around on fire or focusing in the centre where the flames had come from.

What was that? Is there another creepy elemental power dude here? He thought as he started to become a little nervous. He turned to Citri again.
    He quickly checked the rifle he had acquired to see if it was loaded and what firing mode it was on. Fully loaded and fully automatic. Don't think I can stand the thought of killing but I might have to.

"Look after yourself, I'm probably about to make another bad decision but the people in the middle where that fire came from need help! I'm gonna see what I can do to assist them. You can help if you want but there are clear pathways leading out to the park down there and there." He said as he pointed to the entrances to Lower and Middle Avalon which was now empty of guards as they had ran in to help with the new found commotion in the middle of Haven park. With that he ran off without another word, he was sweating like crazy and his heart was pounding not just from the adrenaline rush but with fear of being hurt any more then how badly he was hurt already. His leg was burning in pain from when he had cut it earlier on but he had to ignore it. He was going to shoot to kill, something he didn't want to do but it looked like he had to if the rebels were to get out alive.

He wasn't a hero but it felt like the right thing to do, they had to be taken out or people would get hurt. People like himself who had simply made bad choices.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Citri looked up to see Karigen running off. Considering how he had tried to comfort her, she doubted that he was really a bad person after all. Or bad lizard, whatever. Bad cosplayer?

She wasn't sure what else to do, so she decided to follow him. Surely whatever had caused the fire was going to be worth her attention.

ε(΄3`)з

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Ansa took advantage of the momentary distraction to slam the handle of her sword into the head of the Kingdom Guard soldier above her, knocking him out cold. She turned to Kai, who had fallen to the ground and was bleeding profusely. He wasn't moving.
    Shit, shit, don't be dead...
    Ansa made a move towards him, but the massive frame of Harkaras stepped in the way and picked up his still form with surprising gentleness for his massive bulk.
    "I'll get him out of here! You focus on helping the others!"
    Ansa nodded and the thryth took off, his feet pounding against the ground. Ansa turned back to the crowd to give assistance, but just ahead of her, the flames began to part as Zayn emerged. Though her hair looked singed and her left cheek seemed to have a nasty burn, she otherwise appeared relatively unharmed and seemed to have blocked the worst of the blast with her own, Familiar-conjured flames, which danced around her and licked at her feet. Her face contorted into a furious scowl as she stared down Ansa.
    "Hifhildr! So the APF is working with the rebellion, eh? Glad I finally pegged your little group for something!"
    "I came here of my own accord," Ansa retorted, "But you have a lot to answer for! Threatening the people of Lower Avalon with that announcement about their safety, just to get that mask? I thought you couldn't stoop any lower!"
    "I didn't make that order! Someone hacked our systems! I've got officers trying to get to the bottom of it as we speak!"
    So that message wasn't from the Kingdom Guard! Someone is trying to play us against each other! any doubt that Ansa had previously held was wiped from her mind. And I'll bet anything that boy with the giant Splinter has something to do with it! I need to find him and get some answers!
    "Zayn, don't you see? Some third party must be playing us against each other! I don't like saying it, but we have to work together!"
    "The only thing I see is a traitor to Avalon aiding an insurgent group! You're coming with me, dead or alive!"
    The flames around Zayn's body increased in size dramatically as she swung her lance into a fighting position.
    Last edited by GigaRidley; 01-16-2014 at 08:46 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    "Looks like troubles brewing..." Karigen mumbled as Zayn got into a fighting stance to fight what looked a...fae? He'd never seen one before so seeing one for the first time was interesting. He noticed Citri following close behind him. He eventually found himself positioned in front of a small squad of guards, size 4, heading to assist the lanced guard. Karigen proceeded to cut off the straggler, choking him out with his rifle. When he had blacked out, Karigen quietly dropped him to the floor. The group of 3 was in moving and fast. He aimed the rifle, and fired out a small flurry of five rounds. Four of them met their mark and all three guards fell. One wounded with a shot to the chest, another had an arm and a leg injured and the third was killed by having a round go through his forehead.

Two wounded and one casualty wasn't the best outcome, but he had never fired a rifle before. He had only fired sidearms before this moment. He scanned the park again, checking to see if anymore guards had decided to do heroics and try to help their higher ranking member. There was none so far but he'd keep his eyes open. More were sure to come. He noticed Citri still closely behind him.

"Citri, you probably don't want to fight against other guards so why don't you help out the others who are trying to escape? Comfort them or something and guide them out the park unharmed. I'm gonna see what I can do to assist against Miss Lancer over there, she looks like she'll be a problem..." He said as he entered a trail of thought.

"Your choice though, I'm heading to the middle. Whatever you decide to do, when you do it stay at that entrance over there but stay outside the park unless you plan on coming back in." He said as he pointed to the entrance from Lower Avalon. "It'll make it easier for us to meet up and since I don't know where anything is, it's one of the only places I know we can meet up, anyway take care of yourself." He said as parting words as he began to run towards the middle.

Why did she follow me? I pointed out the exits and she instead chooses to follow me? What the heck is going on, nothing seems here right. Rebellions, that splinter attack, this massacre by the guards and that girl Citri. Avalon is just...weird.

When he made it to the middle, he instantly felt intimidated. The lancer in heavy guard armour and the Fae in dwarven chainmail. He was so close though, he couldn't back down now.

"Hey!" He shouted at the two who looked ready for combat.

"What the hell is going on?! And you! What kind of scum are you? This is turning into a slaughter!" He yelled pointing towards Zayn her posture and that lance intimidating him even more than when he got there. Whoever this was, he wouldn't back down now. He took a deep gulp and the fact he was nervous was beginning to show, both of these individuals scared him but his mind was made up. He had a rifle, his familiar and his wits. He hoped it would be enough for what he'd just thrown himself into.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Something’s wrong here. Gale was glancing through the visual captures she had taken of the corpse before disposing of it. Usually I’m better at figuring out what’s off, but this is much more subtle than that, yet somehow everywhere. It looks like everything’s just slightly off.

Putting the pictures down, she started to get dressed. She had only managed to sleep for a few hours, but Leo said they were nearing Heldenheim, and she needed to move quickly once they landed. Ilmarinen had to know about the splinters, the corpse, and about her scar. It had spread a bit while she slept, and now was solidly on her shoulderblade. It still was rather thin and vein-looking. Though Ilmarinen was the Supreme Director of the Sciences within the Frozen Court, he himself had specialized in medicine once upon a time, and Gale still regarded him as the best doctor in the country.

Gale exited her room and made her way to the cockpit. In front of her, the massive city loomed.

Heldenheim: the capital of Erigan, and a masterpiece of architecture. The city was situated on three mountains, expanding over both the vast space between them and tunneling through them. The city had no walls to speak of, as its natural defenses made it night impossible to assault, even in the days when it was three separate cities on three separate mountains. “Sky tunnels” connected various platforms on the outer rim, made of enchanted glass and steel. Spires rose up from the summits of the mountains, coils of metal wrapped around them. In very center of the mountains rose another great spire: the Ancient Library of Erigan. The city itself was a symbol of superior engineering and technology, but the Ancient Library was its true pride. The Library grew higher with each passing decade, as more space was needed. The library was known to reach all the way to the lowest point of the valley below, and then further underground. It was said that on the bottom floor of the library were the oldest books in Aravad- records and maps of a different world, from a different time.

Surrounding the library were the laboratories of Erigan’s world-renowned scientists. To the east lay the engineers, to the Southwest the biologists, and to the Northwest, the chemists. It was rumored in foreign nations, particularly Miriel, that Erigan was ruled by the scientists. However, Erigan was in fact ruled by The Frozen Court. This consisted of five members, each specialized in a different aspect of government: The Supreme Directors of Sciences, Armaments, Trade, Correspondence, and Jurisprudence. They were elected by different groups of people, ranging from the entire population of Erigan, with regards to the Director of Jurisprudence, to a small committee, with regards to the Director of Sciences.

Suddenly, a voice came in over the radio. “This is the border guard of Heldenheim, requesting identification before allowing you into our airspace.”
    Leo picked up the transmitter and spoke.

“This is Leonard Argen, captain of the Sky Reaver speaking. I should be in your systems already: my entrance code is 5667343.”

There was a brief pause, before the voice returned. “All clear, you are indeed in our systems, Mr. Argen. What cargo is on board your craft?”

“I bring with me a few textile goods from Avalon, as well as two passengers, citizens of Erigan. Dr. Gale Elvek and Mr. Weidr Durgsson. They should also be in your systems.”

Again, a brief pause. “They are indeed. Where is it you are planning to land your craft?”

Leo turned to Gale. “Where am I dropping you?”

“The Elgrath District, please.”

Leo pushed the transmitter. “The Elgrath District”

“Roger that. Transmitting you to platform G now.”

With that, the radio went static for a moment before another voice spoke.

“Hello, this is Platform G. Please confirm your entrance code.”

“5667343.”

“You are cleared for landing. Proceed.”

Gale took out her communicator and entered in the code for Ilmarinen’s office. His assistant answered in Old Eriginian. “This is Dr. Frederikson’s office, how can I be of service?”

“This is Dr. Gale Elvek, of the Neo-Biological Core. I need to speak with Dr. Frederikson urgently.”

“Dr. Elvek, I regret to inform you that the Frozen Court is in session if we speak, and will be likely for the next few hours. I could contact that the court and see if they will admit you, if the matter concerns the nation as a whole.”

“It does. Please send a formal request. The nature of my request is splinter developments in Avalon and further findings.”

“I will contact you when I have a response. It may be a few minutes.

Gale sat down in the cockpit as Weidr came up.

“Goin’ to see the Frozen Court?”

“If they’ll see me.”

“About the incursion?”

“Yeah.”

“I’ll come too, I can provide some information you can’t, as well as add credibility to your story.”

“Very well. You’ll act as my assistant, then. Moken is on Lokasen anyways.”

“Moken is…?”

“My real assistant.”

“Ah. You certainly are quite the traveler. Not too common for someone to be as mobile as you these days. It seems to me that tensions rise every day between the nations.”

“Wait a second. That’s it.”

“What’s what?”

“The splinters…they’re also travelers. That’s what’s off!”

“I’m lost.”

Gale pulled out the visual captures and showed them to Weidr. “Look at these pictures. All of them have different skin color and patterns than what you usually see on splinters. Splinters always have a kind of seithr-signature, a density and aesthetic look that shows where they’re from, but I don’t recognize any of these. It’s almost as if…they’re not from anywhere. I’ve seen splinters from every country and none look like these.”

“So if they didn’t come from anywhere, where did they come from?”

“The only place they could. The surface.”
    Last edited by Johaggis; 01-18-2014 at 11:26 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Citri heard what Karigen said, but as much as she felt bad for the panicked citizens, she couldn't bring herself to disobey the Kingdom Guard. She literally couldn't. She decided to go to the middle as well to see what was up.

She saw Karigen trying to confront the leader of these Kingdom Guard troops. The leader, a black haired woman, looked to be initiating a fight with a Fae woman.

The woman looked over at Karigen, obviously not wanted to be disturbed by what she considered to be some "small fry". "Who would you be, you little pest? Can't you see I'm busy?" she said. "Die!"

The woman charged towards Karigen before he could have had time to ready his aim. Citri, deciding she didn't want her new friend to die just yet, lept into action. Moving at breakneck speed (which wasn't all that difficult for her to do), she grabbed the lance with her bare hand and held it firmly in place.

"Huh?!" the woman pried her lance free and jumped back a few feet.

Citri glanced at Karigen, and then looked the woman in the eyes, struggling to explain herself. "Hehehe...uh...about that, you see, I'm part of the Kingdom Guard too, and that's my friend Kevin, and he's like a cosplayer and all that, and he's also a really silly boy, he thinks that you're a bad person, Ms. Kingdom Guard lady, if that's what your name is. I mean, of course, it wouldn't be! I just...ah..ha...haha....sorry. Really!" Citri put on an large awkward grin and twiddled her thumbs.

"Kingdom Guard or not, NOBODY interferes with the wrath of Zayn Winm--" the woman, apparently named Zayn, stopped mid sentence when she realized Citri's identity. A grin shot across her face. "Citri...Liquoric? Ah, deary, why didn't you say so!? You're most welcome here. Especially now, if I may be honest with you..."

"Zayn, is that it? Listen, Zayn, I don't really know what's going on h--" Citri was cut off by Zayn

"You don't need to know what's going on. All you're going to do is follow my orders, right down to the last detail." Zayn, still grinning sadistically, glared at Citri.

"O-of course..why wouldn't I? I-I'm always eager to help the Kingdom Guard...!" said Citri, nervously.

"You act as if you had a choice, dear." said Zayn, who clapped her hands together. "I just can't risk another outburst like that, sorry, I do wish I could believe you."

Suddenly, Citri felt very dizzy again. She kneeled down and clutched her legs. "N-no, you most certainly wouldn't, Zayn. Citri would never dare disobey. Citri can never disobey. Why. On. Earth. Would. Citri. Ever Dis. Obey?" she muttered with wide eyes and a half grin.

ε(΄3`)з

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    "I've been here the whole time," said Asha, as she emerged from the shadows in the opposite end of the bar.
    "Why didn't you say anything?," asked Vanquo. "Did you know about this, Sven?"
    "Aye. But you never asked. Anyway..." Sven gestured toward Pumice. "...would the little fella be wantin' a drink?"

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    "Uh, ya' got any soda? Tbh, I can't stand this alcohol and whatnot you serve. It's nasty." asked Pumice

Sven scowled for a brief moment, although Pumice wasn't looking at him. "Aye, we do. What would ya' be liken?"

"I don't really give a damn." said Pumice. He glanced at a sign which displayed the name of the inn. "Eh, shoot up a Violet Frost, actually." A "Violet Frost" was a kind of slushie infused with grape soda.

Sven walked back to the counter, and dumped some grape soda into the slushie machine. "Damn kids...this is a disgrace of a beverage." he muttered to himself. When he finished, he walked over to hand it to Pumice, who flew up and grabbed it out of Sven's hand.

"Thanks, Polyphemus." said Pumice. He took a gulp of the sugary beverage. "Tastes fantastic. Of course, you'd have to be a complete baboon to screw it up, so that's not saying much." Sven twitched.

"Alright, we all here? Great. Fantastic. Lovely. Jackpot. This is all so absolutely thrilling, I can hardly contain my excitement." stated Pumice in an intentionally unenthusiastic voice, complete with a fake smile on his face. He flew back to the table and waved for the Grey Reapers to follow. He pulled out his laptop and started it up.

"Long story short, I dropped a bomb in Haven Park. A metaphorical bomb, sadly, but that's still pretty cool. Not sure if you heard my announcement, but everybody and their dog is going to be scrambling after Kai Fishwash for his "Mask of the Unrisen", or something, idfk. It's important, that's what matters." said Pumice. The laptop finished loading, and he showed them the scene in Haven Park. "Wonder what all those Kingdom Guard bastards are there for? Whatever, according to this their main communication is still down, so I'm cool with this. Anyways, here's where you bas--guys come in. Let's say, oh, due to some crazy hax, Kai manages to safely keep the mask. That's not very fun. However, if this probably unlikely scenario goes down, Kai won't want to even keep the mask. Why on earth would Kai willingly give up the mask, do you ask?"

Pumice loaded an article about Miriel, complete with various images of the kingdom. Pumice pointed to one of the images. "According to my research, a woman by the name of "Samna Fishwash" lives here in Miriel. Has anybody else heard of a "Fishwash" before? No? That's what I thought. Via process of elimination, it's only probable that this chick is related to Kai in some way. Are you following me?" Pumice took another gulp of his Violet Frost, and set it on the table while proceeding to hover upsidedown in the air, still pointing at the screen. He started grinning widely. "Kidnap Samma Fishwash. She'll make for fantastic blackmail on Kai if anything goes wrong. Any questions, dear henchmen? If we're all on the same page, I have a few parting gifts, so to speak."
    Last edited by Neosquid; 01-18-2014 at 04:15 PM. Reason: fixed some typos

ε(΄3`)з

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    "Citri! Leave! Now!" Karigen commanded to Citri, he didn't expect her to intervene even if it saved him a few scales, his nerves were simply getting the better of him but this time he'd be prepared for anymore sudden aggression from both the Fae and Zayn.

She just doesn't know what the hell to do with herself does she? Now she's following "orders" like a slave to their master, maybe the rebels had the right idea.

"I'll ask again..." He said as he pointed his rifle at Zayn. "What the hell is going on here?" He asked making sure the rifle was ready to fire rounds at his target. "That includes the creepy mind control voodoo shit you just pulled with Citri!". His focus then changed to the Fae but he kept his rifle pointed at Zayn as she was a hostile. The Fae was not.

"If you can answer my question if "Commanding Officer Lardass" doesn't, that'd be great. I'd love to know what the heck is going on." He said in a more passive tone before once again focusing his gaze onto Zayn. He hoped Citri would "follow orders" and leave the park, if she didn't he'd have a second problem on his hand and he couldn't overpower nor outrun her but he was pretty sure he was able to outwit her if...if he could find the time to make a plan mid-life threatening chase. Being beaten up again wasn't on his "To-do" list which he had just mentally written up on the spot.

Bah! When I want her to do something, she does the complete opposite yet when Misses Commander wants something she does it without question. This is why I've worked alone for two years.

Spoiler Alert!

Ads