Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The World Asunder

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Lambert's eyes trailed Harkaras as he carried Kai off. The mask didn't seem so useful anymore, there was no point in something that powerful if it just got you killed. Then again that is always how it seems to go. Couldn't rely on Fishwash to get them out of this one.

Even if they're aren't behind this, the royal guard certainly aren't going to put an end to it. For all we know there are still soldiers pointing guns at civilians and they rather spent time here dealing with us instead of taking five minutes to cancel the order. His eyes darkened as he focused on the flame maiden, but than look at both Ansa and the kapshan that was holding her at gun point. They had to be the one's to take care of her. There were too many other soldiers out there for them not to. He rolled to the left and shot forward, checking a guard without losing his stride, "Ansa! I'll see you at the APF headquarters after this."

There were still hostages down there, being held, maybe not by the guard, but by someone. Though it made his knees weak and his body shutter, he had to let the rebels take care of themselves. They willingly put themselves here. The innocents in Lower Avalon were the more pressing matter here.

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    --------------------A Very Long Time Ago--------------------

A slim figure hunched over a carved, wooden laboratory workbench, muttering to himself and moving around several flasks, each containing differently-colored liquids that bubbled and frothed in unusual ways. The figure held up a deep-blue solution that seemed to continually shift between melting and freezing, and shook it gently a few times. He frowned slightly.

"No, that won't do."

Putting it aside, he picked up another flask, which held a golden liquid that shimmered with unearthly light.

"Still not catalyzing properly."

The figure clicked his tongue disapprovingly as his eyes wandered over the various containers of strange fluid before him. His head perked up as his eyes rested on a flask in the corner, which contained a crimson red liquid that had begun to bubble and emit flecks of varying colors. He gingerly picked up the flask and held it up to the light, surveying it with a look of greedy excitement on his face.

"Hello, there..."

Moving with exceeding care, the figure stood up and moved to a separate, cleaner table, holding the crimson liquid out in front of him. As he stepped into the light shining through the few windows in the room, his face came clearly into view, revealing a spiky mess of bright red hair and sharp, pointed features. The figure displayed a look of unmatched eagerness on his face, rather like a small child being given a present. He gently set the flask on the center of the table, then hurried back into the darkness, moving to and fro and collecting several different scientific instruments, all the while speaking rapidly to himself.

"Last time I tried a pure seithr injection--certainly an interesting response, but-- yes, definitely, a 60% diluted dose should provide the appropriate reaction--"

His hands full of roughly-hewn instruments of bronze and silver, the figure hurried back into the light and placed all but one on the table. Slowly, carefully, he lowered the instrument, a long, slender tube with several valves and levers, into the solution and pulled back gently. The tube began to fill with the red liquid, and after a few moments the figure pulled the tube completely out, apparently satisfied with the amount.

"All right, let's give this a try!"

Just then, the door to the laboratory burst open, flooding light into the room. The figure, startled, jumped backwards and dropped the tube, which shattered on the floor, spilling the liquid everywhere. A well-built man, with a thin goatee and long black hair, stepped into the laboratory, decked in purple and silver attire. He brushed his long black hair out of his eyes and surveyed the room. The red-haired figure looked down desperately.

"Must you always burst in so rudely, Victor? I nearly had it this time!"

"You will address me as General Stahler, Maxim. And the King demands your presence immediately."

The red-haired figure wrung his hands and opened his mouth as if to protest, but slumped rather sadly and nodded.

"Very well."

Maxim quickly cleaned the floor, and followed General Stahler out the door and down the winding staircase, periodically illuminated by torches that glowed a golden-red and flickered fiercely.

"Any idea what he needs me for?"

General Stahler chuckled.

"No, but it must be important. He seemed rather excited when he told me to fetch you."

He gestured back up the stairs to the laboratory.

"Still no luck?"

Maxim frowned, his brow furrowed.

"I am getting so close! But the answer keeps slipping out of my grasp, like quicksilver."

"Well, he's not going to like to hear that. The High Alchemist of Lokasen is expected to produce measurable results."

Maxim drooped sadly.

"Don't remind me."

--------------------Present--------------------

Ansa looked over at the Kapshen questioning her.

"Listen, kid, just get out of here! Head down to Lower or Middle Avalon, just get out of--"

She was cut short as Zayn rushed her, thrusting her spear out and barely missing Ansa as she dodged to the side.

"Law-breakers, criminals, rebels, you're all the same!" Zayn snarled. "Who gave you the right to protect this city? No one! And yet you walk around, head held high like some kind of folktale hero! Only the Kingdom Guard have the authority and power to do what's right--"

"Do what's right?" Ansa felt anger building inside her like a fire. "You've done nothing but cheat and threaten to get your way since you started with the Kingdom Guard--"

"As a member of the government, I am entitled to certain privelages," Zayn yelled, swinging her fiery lance around in a wide arc that Ansa ducked and rolled away from. "Why shouldn't the people pay us a little tribute? We're protecting them!"

"What do the other officers think about your "privileges"? Or do you have them all hoodwinked?"

"Shut UP!" shouted Zayn, readying another blow. She noticed the Masked Knight moving away from the engagement.

"Citri, stop the Masked Knight! That's an order!"
    Last edited by GigaRidley; 01-18-2014 at 11:35 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Citri's half grin turned into a sadistic smile with Zayn's words. Her eyes grew even wider. "Hehe, of course, madam Zayn! Citri will do anything for you!" yelled Citri. She completely ignored Karigen and anything he he had to say; she obviously wasn't "with it" right now. The Masked Knight seemed to have made some distance -- she went looking for him.

Edit:
    OOC: overhauled due to this
    Last edited by Neosquid; 01-21-2014 at 10:48 PM.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    Karigen noticed the crazed smile on Citri's face as she ran past him, bumping into his shoulder causing him to stumble and drop the rifle he was aiming.

"Citri! Wait!" He shouted, worried that she would do something she'd regret. He let out a small growl, Zayn took advantage of his newly placed focus and swung her lance at him. He realized a split second too late and as he tried to roll out of the way, he was caught in the chest and he left a trail of blood from where he was hit. Zayn took another swing at him, Karigen quickly took out his combat knife and barely managed to parry the blow causing him to get knocked back. He had a large cut across half of his chest, it was bleeding but it wasn't too bad and it showed clearly through his hooded jumper. The pain caused him to lean over, he held it with his left hand and let out a pained gasp.

"Let me help you. I won't let you down plus I need the practice." I need the practice for when my response form comes back, just need to make sure I don't die and make it back. He held the knife in reverse in his right hand now and he raised both his left - which was rather bloody after holding his fresh wound - and right hands into a fighting stance that would allow him to parry or dodge most of her blows, his plan was to strike Zayn when she was distracted as she had what he didn't, power and reach. It meant he'd be relying on his new ally and with his new injury he won't be as flexible as usual.
    Last edited by Pichu2k7; 01-18-2014 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Added some small details in

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    "I wouldn't mind a bit of help," said Ansa tersely, parrying another of Zayn's fiery blows, "But retreat if you're badly injured! I can handle this myself!"
    Yeah right, Ansa thought to herself. Zayn'd be formidable even when I'm at peak strength, but after a full, sleepless night of fighting Splinters? Not to mention I'm totally out of seithr!
    Zeal and Apathy still emitted a cool breeze, but otherwise were merely regular swords at the moment, while her opponent had a lance made of magical flame. Not the best match-up.
    "What's wrong, Hifhildr? Feeling the heat?" Zayn continued to beat away at Ansa's defense. "Just surrender! I can promise you a trial, at least!"
    "Not a chance, Zayn!"
    Ansa spotted a brief opening as Zayn swung around for another blow. Blocking her strike, Ansa turned suddenly inward, using the lance's momentum to bring her between the lance and Zayn. She followed up with a headbutt straight into the center of the surprised officer's face, and she wheeled back, cursing and clutching her nose.
    "I'll have your head for that, silverhair bitch!"

for we've never once met Lennox's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0111-0000-0101-0000
    The sun began to rise because a lot of time had passed, but nobody noticed how nice looking it was because they were too busy fighting each other.

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    "You won't regret it!" Karigen replied to the Fae as he swiftly took advantage of the 2 against 1 situation, he quickly flanked around Zayn and thrust his familiar into a slot between her armour getting a clean hit on her right arm, her sword arm. He pulled it out again before he was swiftly batted away by Zayn. The lance began flickering between it's original colour and a dulled red colour.

"A Kapshen that fights dirty? No wonder you left your kind, your even filthier then normal!" Zayn said as her frustration began to grow even more.

"As long as I keep breathing!" He responded, as he dashed out of a thrusting attack from Zayn herself. She then threw a downwards attack at him, instead of avoiding the attack he moved in and got hit by the pole end on the top of the head but he shrugged it off and jumped on top of Zayn, yet again stabbing his blade into her main arm weakening her Seithr yet again before being knocked off this time without his knife. It wouldn't drain Seithr unless he scored a new hit with it, the lance was now violently shimmering between it's original fire-like colour and a duller red colour. His attacks weren't making much progress on Zayn herself but it was obvious the weak seithr draining effect from his familiar was affecting her weapon.

Bah! I was hoping to break her link with Seithr so her lance was practically useless but that's not happening. Zayn perform a high sweep hoping to catch him off guard, he ducked under the attack and backed off as he was unarmed and he'd need another distraction if he was going to do anything. The heat from the lance weaker then it was earlier.

"Why don't you just keel over and die like the rest of your kind? It's not like your life is worth anything!" Zayn insulted, the frustration still clear in her voice. Karigen let out a small laugh as he felt dizzy for a little while but it quickly subsided.

"You should get some new patter." He calmly responded as he slowly backed off, keeping himself in motion meant he wouldn't be caught off guard if Zayn attempted to take another strike at him but he had no plans on bailing even if it looked like he was ready to turn tail and run.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Ansa fought alongside the Kapshen against Zayn, and couldn't help but notice that he was very skilled at getting past her defenses.
    With a big, slow weapon like that, Zayn's worst nightmare is a quick and agile fighter like him! He's the perfect counter!
    Just as Ansa was feeling a bit more hopeful, she noticed that the magic flames emitted by the mask were beginning to die down, and that the Kingdom Guard previously trapped behind them were coming into view. They would be free soon.
    "Time to go!" she yelled to the Kapshen.
    "You're not going anywhere except a Kingdom Guard cell!"
    Zayn dashed towards both of them, but Ansa was ready. Using whatever meager seithr reserves were left in her blades, and drawing upon the seithr she stored in her body due to her fae ancestry, she planted her sword in the ground and channeled the seithr though it. Icy clamps formed around Zayn's legs, rooting her to the spot. Knowing it would only last a moment, Ansa turned towards the exit and bolted, sprinting as fast as she could.
    "This isn't over, Zayn!"

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    "Aeolus has decreed that we help you, no matter the job. Even if it is a mere kidnapping."
    Asha scoffed. "Whatever"
    "What gifts are you giving us?" asked Swolinn eagerly. "Oh, and the job sounds good too. No questions."

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Pumice went through his supply bag. First he brought out a large plastic bag. Opening it revealed its contents: three Kingdom Guard uniforms.

"I figured that if you're going to kidnap this girl, we might as well blame somebody else for it. I found these in the Palace of Wings." said Pumice. He grabbed another bag, which contained a small video camera. "If we end up needing to use her as blackmail, we'll put her on video for Kai to see. Don't want him to think we're full of shit. You do know how to operate this, I assume? How stupid could somebody be?"

Pumice took a gulp of his Violet Frost. "Pretty sure that's it. If we're about done here, I need to return to the Palace of Wings." he said. "Whenever you swipe the bitch, meet up with me at the train station in Scaromorre town. Ya know, the place in Lokasen? Can't be expected to just chill in Avalon forever, heh."

Pumice waited to see if they had any further questions.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

Ads