Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The World Asunder

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    "Are you talking about that broadcast about the mask?!"
    Zayn struggled in the Masked Knight's grip with a mixture of frustration and fear.
    "I already said, we didn't make that! And we can't seem to reverse it either, our communication with Lower Avalon is still busted!"

Member #
    Friends
    "I don't need you to stop the order, I just need you" he pulled on her arm, straining the parts of he which were still frozen. Looking down at her icy feet, Lambert took a second to lift his greaves and smash them down scattering the ice around. With one arm he lifted her off the ground.

♦ goddamnitt sakurai ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    "Not so fast!" yelled Citri, who, after a bit of searching, had followed the Masked Knight back to where she had started her search. She leaped towards him and landed on all fours.

"Citri suggests that you let Ms. Zayn down." she growled. "Or else...well, I'll get upset. You wouldn't wanna make a girl like me cry, would you? Citri doesn't like mean men like that. Oh, no, she really doesn't. Ah well, if you do decide to be mean, I'll enjoy using your cold, dead skin as a rag to wipe my tears onto." Grinning sadistically, she held her right hand up and began charging it with seithrjen, causing it to glow red while radiating sparks of the same color.

"What's it gonna be, you stupid hunk?"

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

for we've never once met Lennox's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0111-0000-0101-0000
    Leymon Crawcheck was still droning on, and Samna was about ready to fall asleep already. Everyone dreaded the councilman from the Temple of the Moon’s turns as president, and today was no exception. He was going on about some technicality or other that nobody cared about, but it seemed like he was at least about to sum up and call it to a vote. Of the twenty-two council members only ten had showed up.

“Gods and spirits Crawcheck, get on with it,” interjected Brernon Birdma, the councilman from Miristad. “Is anyone considering voting
    against Sir Hamlin repainting the Riverhold Bridge? No? Great, the motion passes."

Crawcheck loudly cleared his throat.

"—excuse me,” said Birdma, giving an exaggerated bow toward Crawcheck. “M'lord?"

"Yes. Right. Well. The, uh, the motion passes."

Crawcheck bobbed his fist awkwardly as though he were holding a gavel.

The chamber was a medium-sized vault-ceilinged wooden feasthall in Riverhold, it being Sir Hamlin Thenly's turn to host. The Thenlys, tracing their descent back to one of the seven sons of the Bastard King, were the last of the noble houses that actually held a hereditary council position. Most of the towns and temples now elected their representatives, and since Sir Hamlin was a bachelor and had turned eighty-five just two weeks earlier, it was expected that he would be the last of the Dukes of Riverhold.

"Now, the next order of business."

Crawcheck withdrew his carefully inked itinerary.

"Word is the beginnings of a revolution are stirring in Avalon, led by a Mr. Kai Fishwash."

"Anyone else wondering what—"

"The council recognizes Councilwoman Inhaver of Ward's End."

"—right, thanks Leymon. Anyone else wondering what the hell Kai Fishwash is doing stirring up political change in Avalon?"

"The council recognizes Councilman Roymin of the Temple at Westrun," said Crawcheck, pointing at a man who was awkwardly raising his hand.

"Who the hell is Councilman Roymin?" said Birdma under his breath.

"Fat Edmin," said Samna.

"Yes, um..."

"Oh right, Fat Edmin."

"Are we entirely certain this is the same Kai Fishwash?"

"It's him," said Samna. "They had a photo in the Messenger."

"How many Kai Fishwashes do you know?" added Melna Inhaver.

"I see," Fat Edmin continued, "and this... artifact they're talking about... it's an unrisen... weapon?"

"Sort of," said Samna, "I'm not entirely—"

"The council recognizes—"

"Do you actually have anything to say Crawcheck or are you just trying to slow things down?"

"That — this is no way to talk to your president, Councilwoman Fishwash."

"Right okay, yeah so when Fat Edmin was president last month we all just did whatever he wanted, right? Hell there's three of us left in the pot for next month, if it's me maybe I’ll just go for queen, yeah?"

“You could say you’re the closest in blood to the Bastard King of any of us, eh?” said Birdma.

Samna and the council all laughed at this comment except for Sir Hamlin, who was asleep, and the tall, angular faced man with a bit of a paunch who spoke next.

"So a weapon, or no?"

"The council recognizes Councilman Arly of Birdstone," Crawcheck said under his breath, ignored by the room.

"It's a ritual artifact, but seithr was very spiritually important to the unrisen. Abbot Chesk and I have been working through some of their invocation rituals lately and it's not like anything I've ever seen a volur or a familiar do. So I actually wasn't entirely sure what the mask was capable of."

"You mean before you gave it to your brother," said Arly disapprovingly

"The monks and I decided it would be best to keep it safe by having it off the island. I'd asked Kai to keep it hidden."

"Safe from whom?"

Just then the door to the council chamber burst open. The man who entered was a young page in the service of Sir Hamlin. The elderly Duke stirred to attention.

"Buh — what is it, boy?"

"A message sir, from Avalon."

"Can it not wait?"

"It's urgent delivery, sir."

The councilmen looked around at one another concernedly. Urgent delivery messages between islands were quick but expensive, and good news could usually afford to wait.

"It's for Miss Fishwash."

The page handed an envelope to Samna, postmarked from the Avalon branch of the Kingdom Guard.

She opened the envelope and began reading the message, addressed "to the documented next of kin of Kai Fishwash, Miss Samna Fishwash. We regret to inform you..."

Samna read for a few seconds, her face unmoving. She stood up and quickly left the room, letting the tall oak door swing shut behind her.
    Last edited by Lennox; 01-22-2014 at 05:53 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    Karigen's mind was full of questions he wanted to ask, what was happening right now? Was there multiple branches of the Avalon guard? But there were a couple that were tugging his curiosity and he couldn't help but ask more questions.

"Who exactly is the "Masked Knight"? Is he some sort of friend of yours or just an acquaintance of sorts?" He asked, hoping it would help pass the time while they were heading to the APF Headquarters and maybe he'd learn something interesting along the way, like maybe he'd actually get his questions answered, that'd be a good start but it was fine if they weren't. He didn't want to come across as annoyance of some sort. There was always another time for his questions to be answered.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    "Good question."
    Ansa's breath came in deep gasps as she continued to move at high speed down the empty streets.
    "The Masked Knight is a vigilante operating independently of both the Kingdom Guard and the APF, and he's been enormously successful, both at helping out the people of Lower Avalon and raising their morale. He's said to be super-humanly strong, which as I've seen, is true, and while I hadn't met him until last evening, my old superior Vander Ross apparently knew him rather well."

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    "I'll just assume he's a nice guy of sorts then." Karigen thought out loud. He'd need to ask less trivial questions and more meaningful ones.

"Also, what the hell is going on? Giant splinters, rebellions, mind control. It's creeping me out." He asked as they approached a metallic building that looked in better shape than any of the other buildings in the area. He checked his phone, 10:51 and no signal. He questioned why he had no signal as he put his phone back into his pocket.

"What's the deal with Kai and that mask of his anyway?" He added as they slowly continued to run in the direction of the metallic building.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    "I have a bit more to worry about then one little girl", the girl wasn't so young if she was in the guard, what was with her? She probably was a bit tougher than she looked, but he didn't have time to play around. There was too much at stake. The clock was ticking.

Lambert pulled Zayn around, swinging her around in front of him as he turned to look at the young guard. He had his arm around her neck, "And you have a bit more to worry about then me. Your captain isn't in the best position. So please step back."

He squeezed a bit around the fire maiden's throat, hoping to prove the seriousness of his threat. He ignored the pounding that suddenly manifested in the back of his head.

♦ goddamnitt sakurai ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Citri hissed. "Ugh...! Whatever. Guess I have no choice other than to back off for no--" Citri paused. She opened her mouth and simply stared at the ground for a few seconds. "Hehe...on second thought...let's see you try. Kingdom Guard or not, the girl you're looking at isn't the one to let her prey run away so easily." She said, once again grinning. She licked her lips yet again.

A confused Zayn suddenly became even more terrified.

OOC: I swear that I actually have reasons for these sudden "mood swings". ^^;

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Ansa shrugged.
    "Good question. I honestly don't know anything about these 'unrisen' people that were said to have made the mask, although I think my father did. But clearly it's a powerful enough weapon that it's made the Kingdom Guard amass like this."
    They had reached the large metallic building, which had been reinforced with several seithr-wrought plates on the walls. Ansa banged on the large metal door and it swung open, revealing a short, round dwarven woman who peered up at them through fogged spectacles.
    "Ansa, where on Aravad have you been? The Derren's Alley patrols still have their hands full with the remaining splinter bands and nobody knew where you were! As captain, you have to--"
    "Nice to see you too, Dergada," Ansa said hurriedly, moving past the woman and stepping into a modestly-sized, circular room. Normally rather cramped, only a few APF members were currently there, tending to injured members and civilians. The rest were likely still out on patrol. The room would have had a rather warm and comforting feeling, with soft chairs and a roaring fire, if not for several tables with bloody cloth and first aid kits, seithr-coated weaponry, and a jar of what looked like a purplish-black goo that pulsed ominously.
    "Has anyone come in in the last few minutes carrying a man called Kai Fishwash?"
    The few APF members around shook their heads, confused.

Ads