Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The World Asunder

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    “Tal Sorico” held against the light was a square shape card printed with a picture and basic information about the mole man in front of him. He had spent a better part of the day dragging the gedric all the way to this hotel. It wasn't easy getting him here, and he had to spend all his cash renting this room for the night. Now Ulrich would have to use his own money for snacks.

He could sell his organs maybe…
    …nah, that usually got the attention of the guards.

Grumbling to himself, Ulrich flipped Tal over and stuffed his wallet back into his pocket.
    Last edited by Hoboturtle; 05-31-2014 at 08:36 PM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Tal slowly opened his eyes, the world around him was dark and blurry.

"Where... am I?"

OOC: I will be taking over both Tal and the Grey Reapers.

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Retreat.

An act that Exsul could never fully understand. It was a human emotion to make the choice to retreat. It was a base animals recognition of death that gave it cause to retreat. What puzzled Exsul most about the subject is how a human can willingly retreat without facing some form of certain demise. He had just witnessed it in front of him. The fighting had stopped, and one combatant willingly left while the other seemed content with the decision. How can a species exist and continue to evolve when they willingly turn away from conflict, the very thing that causes them to grow? Exsul was, as usual, very disappointed with what he had witnessed. Then again, perhaps he was just frustrated that the bloodshed had ceased.

He did enjoy such things, after all.

Without hint of further entertainment, Exsul decided it was time he continued traversing the streets if Avalon, where he could pursue enjoying the wide array of delights, disappointments, small successes and utter failures that was the human race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    Karigen had abruptly left the APF HQ to have a small wander around the streets of Avalon, things seemed to have calmed down a bit and there were no flights to Lokasen for a few day if he did so choose to head back home. He had left Dirge with Ansa before he left, just in case he encountered Zayn again. She wouldn't be happy seeing him again let alone seeing him wandering around with her familiar so he'd decided against that. His clothing was stitched up and cleaned. He had also been inspected by an experienced medic and he had been swiftly given the green to go, his injuries from the fight with Zayn were minor and they'd heal after a few days.

He'd searched pretty much everywhere around the park, he quickly checked his pockets for any forms of money before pulling out the small box he had stolen back in Lokasen, he took a couple of coins from it before heading to a nearby store to get himself a quick snack as all the fighting and running had done a number to his stomach. Walking out with a small can of soda and a bag full of random foods he began to head back to the APF HQ that was until he noticed something unusual. It was a human in a tattered brown leather shirt and black leather pants and he was a tall well built man but something was off...

He began to walk in the same direction as this person, why did this person give him a bad feeling. It was until he was close enough to notice his eyes, they were like his!

"Interesting..." He mumbled to himself as he opened up the can of soda and began drinking it as he hastened his walking pace and went straight towards the person.

Let's see what you've got to hide... He thought to himself as his free claw slipped into his pockets, nothing. With a disappointed growl Karigen quickly downed the rest of his drink and threw it away before he branched off, he took one final look at the man he had tried to steal from. Losing himself in reality he began wandering aimlessly as he became lost in thought, why did that person have the eyes of a Kapshen and how had nobody in Avalon noticed this? Karigen began running through a list of possible theories to his own question and had become completely lost in thought.

*Thunk* Karigen fell after coming into contact with someone, he let out an annoyed groan before looking at who he had walked into this time.

"Oh! C-Citri! Sorry!" He said surprised, he wasn't expecting to come across her. He pulled himself up and inspected her. Her clothing was ripped and torn in some places and she had a couple of bleeding wounds.

"You sort of look like shit..." He said as he looked at her with a concerned look on his face. He scratched the back of his head, he was nervous she'd just start wailing on him again as if he was a punching bag.

"Want something to drink?" He asked as he began to fumble around his bag for a bottle of water.
    Last edited by Pichu2k7; 02-20-2014 at 04:04 AM.

Spoiler Alert!

♦ goddamnitt sakurai ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Citri woke up to find herself sitting in a dark alleyway, propped against a brick building. She scratched her head and tried to remember how she had ended up here. She remembered losing to the Masked Knight. The fight was very hazy and she couldn't remember any specifics whatsoever, all she remembered was that it occured. She remembered walking away from the scene, while becoming increasingly tired and light headed. She figured she stumbled into this alleyway and decided to rest.

She was still rather confused and out of it. She stood up and dusted herself off. Noticing that her hand felt wet, she glanced down to see blood on her fingertips. That's right, she had sustained injuries during the fight...she had nearly forgotten about that detail.

She maneuvered her way out of the alleyway, hugging the brick wall to assure she wouldn't fall down in her state. She had barely reached the sidewalk when she was bumped by somebody. Normally she would have barely noticed, but as this person made contact her her wounds, she couldn't help but yelp as she steadied herself to not fall over from the impact.

"Oww...." she mumbled. She looked at the person's face. "Kevin! There you are! I was looking all over for you...wait, no I wasn't. Was I? Oh, that's right, I don't know what's going on! Whoops!" she smiled awkwardly while clutching her right arm. "Nevermind...so, what have you been up to?"

OOC: Sorry for the late response.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2458-2452-4849-3520
    Karigen pulled out the bottle of water and offered it to her.

"Nothing much really, been laying low after me and Ansa had a brawl with Zayn. What did she do to you?" He asked as he gritted his teeth at the thought of her, how she could turn Citri into a pawn like that. She was supposed to be part of the guard and yet she manipulated others, it was disgraceful!

"Anyway, I uhh...I've been meaning to apologize for what happened at the park. I...should've done something to stop you before things got out of hand...you were on television fighting the Masked Knight and..." He trailed off, both of them could've been severely hurt or even killed. It was probably worse then what it looked like to him and the fact her head was bleeding was something of concern.

"I just sort of got carried away and wanted to give Zayn a bit of a beating in all honestly but that doesn't matter, need any help you home?" He said as he took a quick look over his shoulder to check that there was no trouble brewing in the streets, fights were a common occurrence back in Lokasen especially when it involved a damp little alleyway like the one he had been trying to walk through but he had experience when it came to avoiding trouble. In fact, he couldn't remember where he was now that he'd been knocked back into reality but he didn't want to admit it.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    “This is carrier 2543 of Erigan, requesting landing at Ward’s End platform.” Leo shouted into the comm.

“Carrier 2543, what is your mission in coming to Miriel? Your elite people don’t commonly grace us with the honor of your company” came the voice through the comm.

Gale was surprised to hear such esteem from a mirieli commoner. They weren’t often so polite or friendly to those from Erigan. Perhaps this meeting will go better than expected. Gale was not so well-acquainted with the phenomenon that is sarcasm.

“Yeah, yeah spare me. Well, we have a diplomat directly from the Frozen Court who has come with important tidings for the ears of the council. It is imperative that she reach them as soon as possible,” Leo replied.

After a long pause, the voice replied. “Very well, platform 3 is clear. Ready for landing.”

As they touched ground, Weidr started packing up his things. Gale noticed him carrying a large bag that he didn’t usually bring around. She assumed that was the non-lethal weapons that he had requested from the Court. Once they were stopped, she said her goodbyes to Leo and they were on their way.

The airfield was fairly typical by the day’s standards, but the surrounding looked as though they had been left totally untouched by civilization. A man with three llamas approached them from the edge of the runway. “Name’s Mickel. We got word from the Frozen Court that you’d need transportation up the mountain to Birdstone. This your first time makin the trek?“

“It is,” replied Gale. “Are we taking the llamas up there? It’s important that we make good time.”

“These’ll take ya as far as the base, but you’ll have to take the Locks to get to the city. Your friend there might wanna put one of his bags on your llama. They’re llamas, not pack mules, heh.”

“Very well. Let’s move out.”
    Last edited by Johaggis; 05-31-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    “Damn kid.” Lambert raised his arms above his head and heard a small crack in his bones before relaxing. He had to get that Mask now. He felt like he was grave robbing but he didn’t want a revolution potentially stepping on the corpses of his own family. He turned around and walked to the camp.

Lifting the door flap, he was greeted by the scent of blood. He looked down in front of him to see a body underneath some cloth. There was no praise for guessing that it was Kai’s, after he was ventilated in front of all his revolutionaries.

Harkaras was standing with a drink in his right hand. Probably toasting the life of his short lived hero as far as Lambert could guess. Lambert, while he felt like having a drink of his own didn’t have the time to. He had to save the people of Avalon. He place a hand on the man’s shoulder and turned him so that he faced Lambert, “The mask, where is it?”

The thryth’s shirt stretched out as he lazily slid away from Sitz, he eyed the corner of the camp, where a small cheap looking box laid. There small amounts of blood decorating it which trailed off and lead to Kai’s body. Lambert let the man go and walked over to the package.

He kneed down and scooped it up and opened the lid. Stained in blood was the mask that Fishwash held when he had passed.

for we've never once met Lennox's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0111-0000-0101-0000
    Samna straightened out her coat and looked out from the edge of Birdstone. She'd always thought the city looked as though the person building it hadn't anticipated the cliff that ran from east to west across; the wood buildings and cobbled streets ended as abruptly as the river that ran out and over the ledge. The Birdstone Falls flowed into a series of pipes and troughs, filling the locks that lifted the water elevator from the base of the mountain to the plateau the city was built on.

"It's almost noon," said Samna. "They should be here by now."

"Ten past noon, in fact," replied Henton Arly, glancing at a brass pocketwatch. "It was a warm winter, the locks aren't running as efficiently as they might be."

"Still don't see why we've got to wait out here in this damn wind," Brernon Birdma interjected, pulling a long wool scarf tighter around himself.

"We ought to be here when they arrive," said Samna. "I know some of the council is less than enthusiastic about this meeting, but it's best we make a good impression. We don't want this going south again. The Eriginians think little enough of us as it is."

"Hence the choice of my city for the meeting, I presume," Arly put it. "Not that Riverhold isn't quaintly impressive in its own way, of course. Still, I'd ask you to remember Miss Fishwash, we aren't receiving this envoy as allies and we certainly aren't receiving them as friends. That goes for Erigan as much as for whoever's running Avalon come summer."

"I'm not trying to make friends, Arly, I'm trying to see what it is they have to tell us before we decide not to cooperate."

"Of course, yes, of course. Still, the world's becoming ever more a dangerous place. One can't be sure whether to trust even one's allies."

"My thought exactly."

"Is that them?" said Birdma, pointing to a slowly rising heavy oak box rising on a water-filled shaft.

"Ought to be," said Arly, glancing again at his watch. "Mr. Birdma, Miss Fishwash, let's make that good impression then, shall we?"

Henton Arly stode off toward the capsule coming in to its port as the gates swung open. Birdma held Samna back as she moved to follow.

"You're doing alright Sam?"

"Of course I am. What?"

"Look I know your brother got involved with whatever was going on in Avalon before he died. You're a smart woman Samna. Never quite the life of the party your brother was but smarter. We both know that. Don't let the call he made affect the one you're gonna make, okay?"

"I can assure you Councilman, I've never emulated my brother in life I'm not going to start because he went and got himself shot."

Birdma took a moment to come up with what to say to that, but in the time he considered it Samna was already making her way to receive the Eriginian envoy.
    Last edited by Lennox; 05-31-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Gale’s heart pounded as elevator slowed to a halt. She would have said before that nothing could prepare her for the way up, but in reality, she was much more nervous for this meeting than ascending the cliff face. As the gates swung open, she saw the councilmen waiting to greet her. The one on the left had a particularly stern expression. These did not look like the calm and friendly folk that the innkeeper had led her to believe that Miriel was filled with. The one on the right didn’t seem to be paying attention, however. He was staring off at some snowy mountain in the distance.

“Blessings of the spirits upon you and your kin!” shouted Gale. She forced herself forward, attempting to walk with good posture. Instead, she stumbled briefly and almost fell on her face, but caught herself on the gate and tried to do a twist to make it look intentional. Weidr walked a few paces behind her as they approached.

Ads