+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The World Asunder

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    "Your... pet? You're controlling that Splinter? Who are you? Identify yourself!" said the woman

"My identification? For what? If it's for the still sorta new Splinterquest IV, my gamer title right now is Stalagnaught2001." Pumice said sarcastically while grinning to himself. "Ehehe, fine, fine. You can call me Pumice, I suppose. And who would you be? I would benefit much from knowing your name..."

His patience was coming to an end, as he could sense the woman was not going to leave any time soon. It didn't help when a random large man suddenly appeared next to her.

"I suggest you think again." said the man, who proceeded to grab the woman and dart off.

H-hey there! And who the hell do you think you are?! Ugh! snapped Pumice at the fleeing duo. Suddenly, he heard a roar from the nearby giant Splinter. Uh oh. It must have noticed the explosions, which...might have pissed it off a bit.

"Ehehehe...uh...good bug...? Could you...please beehave... said Pumice, who flew away as fast as possible from the Splinter. Although he was fast, he was not quite fast enough. The Splinter clawed a nearby building, and some of the debris hit Pumice mid-flight, causing him to spiral out of control.

Shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitsh it-- chanted a panicked Pumice as he fell towards the city.
    Last edited by Neosquid; 12-21-2013 at 10:04 PM.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    "Who are you?! I had this under control!"
    Ansa sighed.
    "Listen, I need to get to that rune, it's what's causing this Splinter incursion. Sealing it up might suck the ones nearby back inside, like that thing."
    Ansa tilted her head towards the monstrosity currently rampaging on the streets of Avalon.
    "Think you can distract it for a minute?"
    -MEANWHILE-
    Aeolus responded to Pumice in an annoyed tone.
    "Some chick? Who is this bitch? Do we know her?"
    Last edited by GigaRidley; 12-21-2013 at 10:20 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Lambert glared at Pumice as he fell. There were a question or two that needed answering later.

"Oh Ponder" He tried to at least look apologetic for what he did. Lambert let her down gently onto her feet.

As she explained to him the circle that apparently was the center of the incident, Lambert rubbed his knuckles with his thumb. He lifted his two fist and tapped them together, "Okay, play with the insect for a bit until you can take down that circle, I can do that miss."

"However...", He took a moment to steal a glance at Ansa, "There are some questions that I'm going to need you to answer afterwards, if that isn't any trouble"

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    "No trouble at all," said Ansa grimly as she sheathed her pistol and redrew Zeal and Apathy, "But one step at a time. Let's survive this first."
    Ansa leapt from the rooftop, creating an ice slope she slid down from gracefully, rolling forward and slamming down Zeal and Apathy into the rune. The swords began to glow as Ansa struggled to remain in range of the rune, which began to push her back with an invisible force.
    Let's hope this works.

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Pumice managed to break the fall by regaining control at the last possible second. It was a good thing, too, as even a smaller drop could have severely injured him, due to his physical frailty. He climbed out of some rubble he landed in. Looking around, it was apparent that he had landed outside of the Soot District, but not too far away. He felt around for his grenade launcher. It wasn't there. His bag was absent as well. He must have dropped them during his descent, leaving him weaponless.

Pumice cursed silently, and noticed that he had gotten a message from Aeolus. His phone was in his pocket at the time, luckily, so he hadn't lost that. He dialed up Aeolus.

"U-uh, yeah sir, about that chick." said Pumice. "Some big dude with a black cloth mask showed up after I messaged you and rescued her. Maybe he was her boyfriend or something, beats me. They didn't cause any damage as far as I know, but they managed to piss off Mr. Mega Mantis. That might be in our benefit, of course. Delightfully ironic, no?

Pumice tried to think up a game plan. He couldn't let those two wander around where the Rift Gate was. He had no idea where his bag and gun fell among all the crumbling buildings, and he had left his hand scythes back at his temporary base. Even if he went back for the scythes, they probably wouldn't be enough. What to do....

...if these two trespassers get a little out of hand, should I concentrate more Splinters at the Rift Gate? asked Pumice. It wasn't the most genius of plans, but he had nothing better at the moment.

Edit: OOC: Edited to include a slightly more specific physical description of the Masked Knight.
    Last edited by Neosquid; 12-21-2013 at 11:24 PM.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Aeolus paused.
    "The Masked Knight... You know what? Just retreat. We've done what we came here to do. If they die, well and good, and if they succeed, it it doesn't matter jack shit at this point. Get to Upper Avalon and meet me outside the Gates of Gestahd. It's time for Phase 2."

Member #
    Friends
    The splinter was trashing wildly, cutting up the buildings around it. This might be a bit harder then his confidence made it seem to be. Well, there was no use double thinking anything, he just had to go for it.

Lambert flew off the roof of the building, going for the back of the creature's head. Grabbing onto one of the antennas. Lambert held on with all his might. "Yo, Sir Mantis. I think it's about time to quit it"

Stretching out his arm, he delivered a blow to the side of the antenna. It was a relatively soft part of the body of any insect,
    he guessed anyway.

He could go anything the eyes, he guessed, but that would put him all too close to the thing's mouth. That wasn't what he called a good plan.

His hit seemed to had made a small indent in the antenna, but also increase the rocking of the splinter's body and the Masked Knight was almost flung off. He had to grab on once more to steady himself.

Lambert sighed, with something this big, taking away it's senses were probably not a smart idea anyway. It'll probably go completely wild and destroy everything in a mile radius. He had to keep it focus on himself instead.

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Ansa's swords began to vibrate violently as visible tendrils of seithr energy moved from the rune to Zeal and Apathy. The rune began to decrease in size.
    It's working!
    Suddenly, clawed Splinter hands began to emerge from the rune and claw at Ansa's legs and arms. She dug he swords in harder and lifted up her heavily armored left arm to block the majority of the blows, though she winced as one Splinter got a good slash in on her right leg.
    Just a little longer...

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    "Copy that, I'll be there momentarily." said Pumice, in response to Aeolus. Pumice sighed. The pictures he had taken of the giant mantis-like Splinter were lost with his supply bag, and he wasn't sure when he'd be seeing it, or another giant Splinter, again. He figured it would be soon enough, considering the plans Aeolus was setting in motion.

The rendezvous was outside the Gates of Gestahd, but Pumice figured that it was only logical to make one final stop at his Lower Avalon base. It didn't take long to fly there. He packed a supply bag with his laptop (this particular one complete with the ability to display a holographic monitor), a few seithr refill canisters, his dual hand scythes, and some other stuff. He downed a few more sodas in the process of getting ready. Pumice was aware that his addiction to the carbonated drinks probably wasn't a good thing, but he reasoned that maintaining a healthy diet wasn't exactly a top priority in those days.

After recharging his seithr, Pumice left through the window again. He wouldn't particularly miss the building, which he had stayed in for a few days, especially considering its dubious accomplishment of being even shittier than his Lokasen residence.

After some flying, Pumice arrived near the Gates of Gestahd, where he was supposed to meet Aeolus. He was pretty sure that at least a few civilians had noticed him during his flight, but he really didn't give a shit.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    The Bazaar Street Airfield, Upper Avalon
    Gale hadn't been this excited in a long time. So much was happening, and she was there for all of it. The plane was preparing for take off. For once, Leo was on-time. I'll get a glimpse of Middle and Lower Avalon, and then be on my way. Ilmarinen will want to know about this.

Suddenly, a sound ripped through the air. It sounded far away, but it was still loud enough to hear next to the engines. It was a combination between a roar and a scream. Pain lanced through her arm, and she looked down to see her old scar glowing purple. She ran onto the plane and put on her lab coat, which would suppress the seithr.

"Leo, did you hear that?" She shouted to the cockpit.

"Hear what?"

"That roar."

"I heard something faint, but it's nowhere near us, whatever it is. Where are we heading, my lady?"

"Down to Lower Avalon. I need to see whatever just made that noise."

"Roger that. I suggest you take a seat."

Gale took Leo's advice. Now sitting and buckled in, she switched the display on her glasses, scanning for seithr. There were traces in Upper Avalon, from Volurs, no doubt. However, there was a mass concentrated down in Lower Avalon. Tons of splinters running all different directions. However, there was a large pack that seemed to move together. Wait a minute. Looking closer, it seemed too unified to be a pack. That's a splinter. Just one.

"Leo. Be careful, there's a huge splinter down there. Don't fly too low, I think it might reach us if you do."

"What? A splinter? Are you sure?"

"Yeah. When we get down there, I'm also going to scan for Weidr Durgsson real quick. He might not have made it out after all."

"Roger that. Prepare for takeoff."
    Last edited by Johaggis; 12-23-2013 at 12:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Ads