+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The World Asunder

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Ansa reached the Soot District, with the Masked Knights thunderous footfalls just behind her. Up ahead, She saw a flash of seithrlight in the sky.
    A signal?
    Unfortunately, it appeared that she wasn't the only one who had noticed. Splinters began to crawl out of holes in the walls and leap from the rooftops into her path. Ansa shot down the ones directly blocking her with her pistol but otherwise kept moving. In the distance, she saw Weidr on the street.

Member #
    Friends
    Lambert kept the same pace as the young lady. He flinched as a pack of splinters descended upon them but relax as the Fae shot one in her path. She was proving to be a bit more and more capable. He how question what exactly their game plan was, "So what exactly are we going. Jim not too keen in leaving a fight half done."

He couldn't bare to see anymore harm done to his city, "Besides, that thing can't be left alone. Might drop mid Avalon down on top of us."

He had family here. He read a fair amount of bed time stories where the death of a loved one was used as a cheap trick to motivate the hero. He wouldn't let that happen. "So, who exactly are you? I would like to believe that you're the APF captain."

He dragged his heels in at a flash of light.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Weidr dragged the corpse of the B Class splinter toward the plane as it slowed down. A much smoother landing than Kai ever did, that's for sure. "Gale!" He shouted out. "Open a freezing cell! I've got a body for you! B Class!" The response echoed from some sort of PA system on the plane

"A B Class!? It's like my name day come early!"

A compartment opened on the bottom of the plane. With one final heave, Weidr shoved the corpse into the compartment. The cargo door opened, and Weidr clambered up.

"Weidr!" squeeled an excited Gale, as she came running up and embraced him.

Slim figure, high cheekbones, flowing brown hair, piercing eyes: Gale was an attractive woman by most men's standards, despite the weird glasses. Which were white. Still.

"I can't tell if you're excited to see me or happy I brought such a big splinter on-board" noted Weidr. "Also, your glasses are still on seithr-tracking."

"Oh, right." Gale switched them back to normal. "Can't I be a little bit of both? But let's get out of here. I think I saw some splinters running here in the distance."

Weidr looked back for any sign of Ansa. Just then, she came running up, with another man right behind her. They dashed onto the plane, just as the cargo bay door began to close. As the plane began to surge forward again, Gale steadied herself on the wall and took a nearby gun, pointing it at Ansa and the other man. "Who the hell are you two? What are you doing on my plane?" she said firmly.

Weidr cut in, "The woman's Ansa, an APF agent. I told her to meet me here so we could try and cut our way to Middle Avalon. But who the **** are you?" he said, also pointing a gun at the man.

Member #
    Friends
    "Easy you two, don't want you to hurt yourself." He crossed his arms and straightened his back "Masked Knight, don't really feel like telling you my real name for know. We can get to that later when there isn't a state of emergency out there, just know for now that I'm with the lady here. Now who are you two?"

He looked between the man and woman, not flinching at the weapons being pointed at him. He looked at woman with glasses, urging her to introduce herself.

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    As the plane took off, Ansa surveyed Lower Avalon below. Although the closing of the strange rune had noticeably decreased the number of Splinters present, there were still a significant number on the streets below. The giant Splinter she and the Masked Knight had fought looked much more damaged by her attack than she had thought, moving in jerky, stumbling motions and roaring weakly. Its front two legs looked badly broken from the attack. Wherever Ansa looked, there were buildings slashed, burning or reduced to rubble.
    "The destruction... it's too much..."
    Her fist clenched tightly.
    "Whoever did this is going to pay."
    -MEANWHILE-
    Aeolus walked towards where Pumice had landed, snacking on a fresh apple.
    "A bit late. Just soaking in the chaos around here. Everybody's turning on each other and the goddamn system is already beginning to collapse entirely! It's fυckin' brilliant! Now, quick question: the girl who stopped you-- what'd she look like?"

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    "Gale" said the woman, lowering her gun.

"Weidr," said the man, also lowering his. Turning to Gale, he said "Where are we going?"

"Erigan. Whatever's going on here needs to reach the ears of Ilmarinen and the Frozen Court. Besides, my lab facility is better there than the outpost I have on Lokasen."

"Very well. I'll come with you there, but first we should head over Upper Avalon. I need to contact the pilot who brought me here quickly."

Gale turned back to the strangers. "Unless you're going to Erigan, we can drop you two off on Upper Avalon. Although, tensions there seem to be a bit high. HAHA!"

No one reacted.

"Upper Avalon is...high up...off the ground" she explained.

Weidr, Ansa, and Lambert chuckled politely.

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    "Tensions... high?"
    Ansa still didn't know of the goings on in Upper Avalon.
    "If we could stop at Upper Avalon for a bit, I need to contact my men in the APF. But... you study Splinters? We saw something that makes me think there's a whole lot more to them than anyone has realized."

♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Pumice nodded at Aeolus. "Sorry for taking a minute, Aeolus, just went to grab a few things. And the girl..." Pumice thought for a moment. She...had silvery hair, like me. I recall it being short, I guess? Didn't exactly get a long look....she was wearing some chainmail too...blah. That's about all I got for ya. That cool? Any particular reason you ask?

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Aeolus pondered this.
    "Silvery hair... so likely a Fae. Not many left out there now, especially outside of Miriel. Not after I came through. Heh. But what's she doing out here? Is she the one I'm looking for... Tamseril's daughter? That would be a goddamn treat!"
    Aeolus turned to Pumice.
    "Anyway, here's the next phase. This revolution is just getting started, and I'm going to need someone here with a knowledge of Avalon's defense systems to keep fanning those fires. Get things to be so bad that the other islands have to send some of their Kingdom Guard in to control the situation. I've got operatives on the other islands, so I'll be popping in and out to make sure the governments are starting to strain. Once they're spread too thin to stop me, we'll start Phase Three."

♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Pumice twitched when Aeolus mentioned the Fae killings. He wasn't entirely sure why, aside from the fact that it made him a tad...scared. Not much, of course, just a little. It wasn't a big deal to him.

He nodded again to Aeolus. "Heh. I'm on it, sir. When I'm done tormenting these fools, Avalon will be little more than a giant snowball of piss!" Pumice paused a moment, realizing that he probably could have worded his metaphor much better. "...err...that didn't come out right. Let's just forget I said that."

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Ads