Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Art thread

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9156-1265-6763-2556

I've posted this on deviantART and got a comment from the girl who is clearly jealous of my works that said;

whatever happaned to drawing real proper art Emma?, isn't that why you went to college in the first place, for them to teach you what art really is?

tut tut shame on you
    So we've all had our views on graffiti, but what about anime? I know, you're videogame players, it's stereotypical that you like anime, but some people just hate it... I don't understand why...

Now, I've told her my views on this, and, I don't think she'll ever argue with me again. I just want your thoughts on this.

She went to my secondary school, yeah, I wasn't the most popular kid in school but, really, this is one of her drawings...

Why is she doing this!? She also said my Cassandra picture had fat legs. O_o

I love you, Adam.

Del fuego he resurgido {Axtlár}'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5200-6176-6963-9732
    Well first of all, there exist girls that may look skinny on the upper body but with "fat legs" so if anyone tells you a comment like that again, ignore them, or tell 'em she ate too much brownies, not that I'm agreeing to that comment, but I know what you mean since it has happened to me, here's an example: someone once told me she had a fat "bum" well I told them that it was intentional and I asked if she hasn't ever seen a girl with a fat bum before...and I say your Ice Climbers drawing is very good, I love it. Great job..and that girl is truly in no position to critize like that, I mean what did she mean? doesn't she know there's different kinds of drawing styles?

The end is near....Or is it the beginning?
    it's THE BEGINNING of an endless fall into a precipice of epic Brawling fun.
    Add me to Brawl:
    FC: 317957548849
    User name: AXTLR
    if you added me, send me a pm with your code too, please.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Laughing
    My
    Freaking
    Arse
    Off
    At
    The
    Moment
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger
    ^^ priceless. Too good for acronyms. it's not only clearly obvious that she's jealous, but painfully obvious.

On a side note, Emma, that Ice Climbers drawing is incredible, I wish you could teach me. -_-' I've been trying to start drawing *well*, but I can't seem to get anything how I want it. Maybe I'm not just not a drawer. :P

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

The man with authoritah! aznricyboy's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4295-3131-8869-3560
    I doodled this guy in about 10 minutes during Spanish class. Then, I took about 5 minutes at home to brush him up and scan him. It turns out to be drawn in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker style. This is my first time drawing like this, so it's definitely not my best.
    Try to ignore all the lines on him, as he was drawn on the back of a sheet of notebook paper. Also, I do realize that the biggest mistake was his left hand on his hip. I didn't quite know how to draw it, so I kept erasing and re-doing it. Then, the paper tore, and I was afraid to touch that area again. That's why it looks so crappy.
    Also, that thing in his hand is not weed, it's French bread.
    Give me some feedback!

"Suicide is bad...you could DIE!!!"

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Haha, I like it dude. Though, that hand does look awkward as you mentioned. The shadow is a little off as well, but that's better than I can draw I'm pretty sure.

We Want Young Blood.

Del fuego he resurgido {Axtlár}'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5200-6176-6963-9732
    Yeah good drawing! I like it, and he does look like Wind Waker Link a little.

The end is near....Or is it the beginning?
    it's THE BEGINNING of an endless fall into a precipice of epic Brawling fun.
    Add me to Brawl:
    FC: 317957548849
    User name: AXTLR
    if you added me, send me a pm with your code too, please.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Especially the eyes.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Quote Originally Posted by {Axtlár}
    Well first of all, there exist girls that may look skinny on the upper body but with "fat legs" so if anyone tells you a comment like that again, ignore them, or tell 'em she ate too much brownies, not that I'm agreeing to that comment, but I know what you mean since it has happened to me, here's an example:
    Spoiler Alert!

someone once told me she had a fat "bum" well I told them that it was intentional and I asked if she hasn't ever seen a girl with a fat bum before...and I say your Ice Climbers drawing is very good, I love it. Great job..and that girl is truly in no position to critize like that, I mean what did she mean? doesn't she know there's different kinds of drawing styles?
    One of your best drawings I see. I manipulate my lines to create a completely different drawing, everybody does, it should be obvious to spot what is a mistake and what is intentional. I can safely say I don't think she's ever played Soul Calibur.

I don't know, she has a distaste to anime, she can't do it. She thinks that 'cartoons' are there to entertain children, it's way too easy to pull off and there's no real skill in it. Which, is a huge offense to me, I spent way too much time on any of my drawings and I want them exactly how I want them, anime's a respective art form for me.

priceless. Too good for acronyms. it's not only clearly obvious that she's jealous, but painfully obvious.

On a side note, Emma, that Ice Climbers drawing is incredible, I wish you could teach me. -_-' I've been trying to start drawing *well*, but I can't seem to get anything how I want it. Maybe I'm not just not a drawer. :P
    Ohh you can try to draw but you have to be born with it. I'm sure many of the telented artists around here can help you improve, but there's some things I'll never grasp: i.e Dancing...

I doodled this guy in about 10 minutes during Spanish class. Then, I took about 5 minutes at home to brush him up and scan him. It turns out to be drawn in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker style. This is my first time drawing like this, so it's definitely not my best.
    Try to ignore all the lines on him, as he was drawn on the back of a sheet of notebook paper. Also, I do realize that the biggest mistake was his left hand on his hip. I didn't quite know how to draw it, so I kept erasing and re-doing it. Then, the paper tore, and I was afraid to touch that area again. That's why it looks so crappy.
    Also, that thing in his hand is not weed, it's French bread.
    Give me some feedback!
    I hated my language classes, it sure built up my ideas for one...

I loved the way Wind Waker looked, dunno about everyone else, and it's nice in your picture. I would say to you that the baguette is too small, for it to be mistaken for something like weed anyway...

Hands on hips is something I ultimately avoid, it's just a no go area. I do hands on hips, but, the hand pushing backwards, not holding onto the hips. I hope that makes sense...

How old are you?
    I love you, Adam.

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    {Axtlár} you've got some great work their awesome =]

Also, Frogger love the picture of the Soul Calibur character, looks different from the stuff I've seen you do before it's real good. How's the art courses going in college? Do you sit on the floor and draw?

My classes are close to the art classes and I pass them when I go get a snack during lessons and their alway sitting/laying on the floor drawing when I walk past.

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Quote Originally Posted by surfinrach90
    {Axtlár} you've got some great work their awesome =]

Also, Frogger love the picture of the Soul Calibur character, looks different from the stuff I've seen you do before it's real good. How's the art courses going in college? Do you sit on the floor and draw?

My classes are close to the art classes and I pass them when I go get a snack during lessons and their alway sitting/laying on the floor drawing when I walk past.
    I'd rather sit on the floor but we have to sit on freaking donkeys:

Seriously, when you step off them you have a mass case of rickets, I feel sorry for the guys really.

I hate my art course! It's really too much freedom and no direction, I've got to create a 40 piece A3 folder on cities and I have nowhere to start. So I just went out to take some pictures, got some graffiti works.
    I love you, Adam.

Ads