Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 73 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Art thread

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I do indeed see shades of grey. If you'd had read my post earlier, It's clear that I do enjoy some pieces that aren't quite as realistic.

I do, however, detest flat-out unrealistic cartoon..things. I like a lot of abstract pieces, too.
    When it comes to Modern Art, I do appreciate some of it - but there are extremes. I'll try and find a picture, but I have a photograph of a piece that was in the Tate Gallery, and it's meant to be 'art'. It's preposterous.

EDIT:

Ignore all other markings, they're the flashes from the camera. It really was just a blue canvas.
    Last edited by DRMARIO; 02-25-2009 at 11:22 AM.

Enoch was right.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    What do you think about moving from this:

To this:

I think this man is brilliant. Picasso is one of my favorite artists out there. But to understand it you have to know what he was going on about. Art definitely isn't just looking at something, because yeah, that'd sure suck for him. Granted, if I was given the talent to paint that picture at the top at age fourteen I'd do something different with it. He's fascinating though.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by DRMARIO View Post
    ...I offend people. That's life.
    Yeah, I know. You freely offend others without a care in the world, but then you get flat out angry when someone insults you. That's not life, that's you.
    And 'The man with the balloon' piece looks far from cartoon. Far from extremely unrealistic, like cartoon, thank you.
    Honestly, to me.. It looks cartoony with an approach to realism. You seem to be only thinking of cartoons with the image of say.. Daffy Duck, Micky Mouse, Garfield, Looney Tunes, etc.. making it hard for you to imagine any realism to cartoon characters in general

I enjoy realistic things. I'm not the most talented artist in the world. I just do what I can, and most of the time I'm pleased. A lot of the time, I hate what I do, because it's not of the standard I wish it would be. So I'm not at all aspiring to be a cartoonist, or indeed produce pieces that unrealistic. I do the best I can.
    Doesn't mean you have to shit on other people who take an "unlrealistic" approach with their art. Of course there's realistic cartoons/mangas out there, Bio's artworks are a good example of that.

Quote Originally Posted by DRMARIO
    I do, however, detest flat-out unrealistic cartoon..things. I like a lot of abstract pieces, too.
    When it comes to Modern Art, I do appreciate some of it - but there are extremes. I'll try and find a picture, but I have a photograph of a piece that was in the Tate Gallery, and it's meant to be 'art'. It's preposterous.

You don't have the necessary mindset for that person's piece, which is why you find it absurd or ridiculous. You only look at art from the outside, observing it's beauty, rather than looking on the inside (philosophically speaking of course).. To you, it's just a big, boring, blue square.. but to those who observe it's simplicity, but yet take a deeper look into it.. understand the reason for why it's just a blue square..

I'm assuming his intentions for that blue square, would be like staring at a bathroom towel.. Stare long enough and use your imagination, you'll eventually start seeing things in that towel (like a monkey's face, because of the texture).. or seeing things in the texture of most house ceilings. Blue, commonly viewed as a cool, relaxing color.. stare at his blue square long enough with your imagination, and maybe picture oceans, the sky on a summer day, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    So do you think you have to be born with an aversion to drawing, or can you just force yourself to be good over a long enough period of time?
    I feel anyone with enough dedication and passion for art, can be good at it. I've been drawing since I was 4 (I'm 25 now), and my mother says I was born with this talent.. I don't really believe that, when I was 4, I would simply scribble everywhere, but I loved doing it so much that I didn't want to stop. Eventually I got better at it with enough dedication, and developed a passion for it.. getting better and better with practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixty
    I don't think you can force yourself. Otherwise, I would have forced myself to be good at singing or something.
    There's a difference, you can't force yourself to be a fantastic singer if you don't have the kind of voice to be able to do it.

Barry White is not going to be able to sing like Rob Halford. This includes people with voices unfit for proper singing.
    Last edited by Gikoku Harakami; 02-25-2009 at 04:22 PM.

Gikoku ハラカミ
    --------------------------

Don't think. Feel...
    It's like a finger pointing to the moon.
    Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory.
    ~Bruce Lee, Wing Chun.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I do not get angry at all when people insult me - I've put up a lot in my somewhat short life. I do, however, love difference in people.
    Nobody would be the same without it. I can be quite a hateful person sometimes, and I find that healthy. I'm human, and so are everybody else. You have the right to hate me, and you know what, that's marvellous - because I'm not all that fussed.

Difference is good.

As for my view on art, I'll just repeat myself.
    Art, for me, is aesthetic. Aesthetic and aesthetic only. I don't like digging deep into pieces, when I really don't see the need. I enjoy beauty, not absurb pieces that represent nothing.

EDIT:

@ Sixty - I like some of Picasso's stuff, but when it comes to the really obscure, twisted and messed-with pieces...not so much. I don't deny, however, that he was amazingly talented.
    Last edited by DRMARIO; 02-25-2009 at 05:21 PM.

Enoch was right.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I do not get angry at all when people insult me
    I've seen different.

As for my view on art, I'll just repeat myself.
    Totally unnecessary.. I'm already aware of your view on art, I'm stating anyway that you do not possess the necessary mindset to appreciate and or tolerate certain styles of art, and thus you judge/criticize them ignorantly.

Gikoku ハラカミ

Don't think. Feel...
    ~Bruce Lee, Wing Chun.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I may retaliate to an insult, but I'm certainly never angry. You do not know me - you do however, see what I write on the internet. Text does not depict emotion well.

I am certainly not ignorant. I simply judge with my own opinion, which is as valid as the next person's.

If you want to bitch, or argue, go somewhere else. I don't want unnecessary arguments.

Enoch was right.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I may retaliate to an insult, but I'm certainly never angry. You do not know me - you do however, see what I write on the internet. Text does not depict emotion well.

I am certainly not ignorant. I simply judge with my own opinion, which is as valid as the next person's.

If you want to bitch, or argue, go somewhere else.
    Clearly you don't understand the full definition of ignorance. You lack understanding for one person's art, then form an immediately ignorant opinion. I don't have to go anywhere, it's a public forum. I'm not bitching either, you commonly shut the door in peoples' faces in debates when things aren't going your way.

You did it to me on Messenger when I began bringing valid points to you, you did it in a few of the Lounge debates, and you're doing it again here.

I don't want unnecessary arguments.
    Then don't participate in them.

Gikoku ハラカミ

Don't think. Feel...
    ~Bruce Lee, Wing Chun.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I suppose I'll have to respect your opinion, but I can't help but disagree with everything you've said.

Enoch was right.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    That's fine.

Gikoku ハラカミ

Don't think. Feel...
    ~Bruce Lee, Wing Chun.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Can't you see your fighting is tearing us apart!?!

Ads