Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 73 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Art thread

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

i got a bunch more but havent scanned em yet
    join nintendoforums to experience everything nintendo in a whole new way. http://www.nintendoforums.net/commun...?referrerid=19
    virtua tennis wii : 0474-5216-1988

Click here to level up my card!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    You have real talent - but I'd like to see a more..finished piece, if you understand me?

Those pieces seem to be more like a frame for a drawing, and look somewhat incomplete. I'm sure the top one would look great with a bit of touching up, shading, and what not.

Otherwise, I think you've grasped the shapes of those characters well.

Enoch was right.

Member #
    Friends
    thanks! ya these were drawings that I never really got back to. also these were scanned with my old printer which was crap that's why the lines are light grey.ill upload sum more finished stuff soon
    join nintendoforums to experience everything nintendo in a whole new way. http://www.nintendoforums.net/commun...?referrerid=19

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Try inking and coloring it. Also, how old are you? =)

But hai.

Uhm, yeah. Unfortunately, I was a tiny bit unprepared for class and I didn't bring an eraser, let alone a putty one. So I couldn't erase anything or add highlights. There are tiny things that bother me, like the bottom ellipse on the pot I actually bothered to finish, and the left handle on it. I sit too far away from anyone else to borrow things. I think it looks quite decent though, I would have liked to take a photo of it but my camera has went into lockdown, so I need that repaired.

It's really annoying me so much. I wish I would have brought one. ;_;

Member #
    Friends
    im 17

Bio
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by DRMARIO View Post
    You shouldn't be embarrassed :/
    Your last piece was marvelous.
    Thanks, man. It's good to know others still like it. It's just to my expectations out of myself as I look back on it, that I think I should have done much better since I was showcasing it.

JagsRock: Nice sketches. My favorite is the arrangement of your middle picture. Keep up the good work. =)

Sixty: Looks fantastic for not having an eraser. The best part is the reflection of the smaller pot and the inside shading of the "real image" of the small pot. Very convincing. I like how your pots are arranged on the paper, too. The perspective is a little off on the small pot's bottom curve in comparison to the top curves, so if you get your hands on an eraser, that might help this part out a bit.

Anyway, it's looking real good.

Okay, revised Sakura a bit so far. This image is still annoying me to death, but is a considerable improvement over the last (embarassing) version I posted. Still have to refine shoes, sash, and skirt, but this is how it fares so far. Still somewhat confused, so I need comments again before I finish this thing (there will be an entire scene to go with this).

--A Work in Progress.
    Last edited by Bio; 03-06-2009 at 04:25 PM.
    Brawl Code: 3566 3531 3273

Official Recordkeeper of the 1v1 League
    Want to compete in Smash Bros. on WiiChat? Join the League now! =)
    (I am NOT accepting Friend codes.)

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yeah, the bottom part's the bit I've been going on about that's been annoying me. I'll get to fix it on Monday. I don't think I'll finish it in two hours though. The top of the unfinished pot looks like it's going to be going the wrong way with the curve, or too dark, so I'm going to chop that off. I only had B and 2B, the rest were all lighter than 2H. I should start bringing my stuff.

That looks excellent, you cleaned up the line art very well and all the shading has came out smooth. I love the lighting on the clothes, especially her skirt. The laces just look a tiny bit dark in comparison to everything else. Do you just erase around the outline of your line art or totally erase it and draw up small lines? It's very impressive.

Bio
    Member #
    Friends
    Ah, yeah. Very light Graphite arsenal you had there. You did well with what you had, though. Although this would benefit with darker dark sections, There's enough contrast to make a sufficient statement to every shade and reflection. I think your left handle looks good to me. It's mainly that bottom perspective of the small pot right now.

And...Ouuch. Yeah, I still have to tend to those dang laces.

As for fixing Outlines, I changed my approach while fixing them. I decided I wanted more realistic contours instead, so although I sharpened the lineart, I also gave colors to them. It may not look like it, but the only black outlines left are on her shoes (I haven't fixed them yet). But anyway, I'll explain how I've been fixing my lines:

Inner outlines (ex: the distinct contour line on her left breast): I colored over an old black line with a "masking color", which is simply using a neighboring color to make the line appear to be gone. Then I applied a lighter, thinner, more polished line by going back and forth between a "masking color" and the "new line color" to polish it up. The color I chose for the new line was to be similar and slightly darker to the form's color instead of just being pure black (to create more realism).

Outside outlines (ex: the outline of the blue collar section behind her head): Since one side of an outer line is empty space, two methods were involved. The first is the same as before: a mix of removing the old line with a masking color and applying a new line color until it's refined. The second is to deal with cleaning the edge of the line that is next to the empty space...which is handled by mixing between erasing and re-applying the part of the new line color to clean up its edge.

Once I changed any outline, though, I went back in and put more shading or lighting by the contour (re-refining the line if necessary, of course). Black outlines make contours the most obvious because it will always contrast from everything else, making the clarity of forms less dependent on the shading quality (ex: my avatar has very light, minimal shading). When there isn't such a black, contrasted line to illustrate the contour anymore, the color or lighting/shading of the form(s) around it has to make the appearance of an edge more apparent than it originally needed to when the outline was black.
    Last edited by Bio; 03-07-2009 at 04:34 PM.
    Brawl Code: 3566 3531 3273

Official Recordkeeper of the 1v1 League
    Want to compete in Smash Bros. on WiiChat? Join the League now! =)
    (I am NOT accepting Friend codes.)

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    --A Work in Progress.
    That's really starting to shape up quite nicely!

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Bio, that looks great. Your advice was awesome. Though, if I'm ever going to try colouring in Photoshop it's mostly likely going to be in the form of cel-shading. That seems the easiest. D;

Well, this has taken me a very very long time. I don't care if the eyes are uneven. I haven't sat down and drawn a figure in tonal I think... ever? There's more to this. I'm going to attempt to draw a hand, oh Lord.

Doesn't look much like it.
    I love you, Adam.

Ads