LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by MySims
    sorry... I cant spare even 20$ towards a painting. Im saving up for, Links crossbow training, a new camera, galaxy, and alot more
    its ok, thanks for taking interest though

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    RawR here I come...

Anyways that is a nice piece of art there, although it took me a while to get it before reading the posts, it's nonetheless awesome.

Also, you don't have to like the art itself, but you should respect the time spent to make it ^.^

Anyone who can start a project and finish it with a satisfied result definitely should get a pat on the back, or a lollipop at the least.
    ===

Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.
    -Robert Frost

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by WuddlePook
    RawR here I come...

Anyways that is a nice piece of art there, although it took me a while to get it before reading the posts, it's nonetheless awesome.

Also, you don't have to like the art itself, but you should respect the time spent to make it ^.^

Anyone who can start a project and finish it with a satisfied result definitely should get a pat on the back, or a lollipop at the least.
    thank you, i couldnt believe someone called it scribble lol..it dont bother me this is just the internet..where I live, graffiti is really popular and respected (aside the old people)

Member #
    Friends
    Hi, this message is directed towards frogger - I've noticed you're planning to import some art to the UK.
    Art is subject to VAT (I have no idea why, cakes arent so why should art be?) and I hate to see any one get an unexpected bill as a nasty suprise.
    I import a fair amount from the US both for work and personal stuff.
    I'll show you how to do the math below, so you know what bill to expect. If you import 1 painting from Jay, and you purchase it for $80 (£40) and he charges you $30 (£15) shipping that comes to £55.
    Once the item is in HM Customs they will add[unless you're very lucky and sneak through- it does happen now and then, but best to expect it gets charged]:
    VAT 17.5% on the total value including postage - £9.63
    DUTY varies over time, and country. As we have a strong relationship with the US its generally pretty low, around 5%. - £2.75
    HANDLING FEES this is a bill from customs which includes using Parcel Force to deliver the item to your door. It depends on the weight and size of the item but I'd [very] roughly guess it to be around £5.
    So thats: £55 (initial charge) + £9.63 (VAT) + £2.75 (DUTY estimate) + £5 (HANDLING FEES estimate) total = £72.38

Hope thats been some use...Mark

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mark84
    Hi, this message is directed towards frogger - I've noticed you're planning to import some art to the UK.
    Art is subject to VAT (I have no idea why, cakes arent so why should art be?) and I hate to see any one get an unexpected bill as a nasty suprise.
    I import a fair amount from the US both for work and personal stuff.
    I'll show you how to do the math below, so you know what bill to expect. If you import 1 painting from Jay, and you purchase it for $80 (£40) and he charges you $30 (£15) shipping that comes to £55.
    Once the item is in HM Customs they will add[unless you're very lucky and sneak through- it does happen now and then, but best to expect it gets charged]:
    VAT 17.5% on the total value including postage - £9.63
    DUTY varies over time, and country. As we have a strong relationship with the US its generally pretty low, around 5%. - £2.75
    HANDLING FEES this is a bill from customs which includes using Parcel Force to deliver the item to your door. It depends on the weight and size of the item but I'd [very] roughly guess it to be around £5.
    So thats: £55 (initial charge) + £9.63 (VAT) + £2.75 (DUTY estimate) + £5 (HANDLING FEES estimate) total = £72.38

Hope thats been some use...Mark
    thank you, i did not know about this...do you think it would be cheaper than $30 to ship it? is there a website that I can calulate all this stuff? I can get the weight of the canvas.

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay588
    thank you, i did not know about this...do you think it would be cheaper than $30 to ship it? is there a website that I can calulate all this stuff? I can get the weight of the canvas.
    I was only thinking about shoes and I have pretty small feet. People have managed to get cheap postage to me on eBay so I think it could be possible...

Saying that I think eBay deducts all of that from the seller... Do they not?
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    hmm..yeah maybe ebay doesnt charge the vat fees like mark was talking about. but shoes will be added to the price if i need to go out and buy em ofcourse, unless you can send me a pair you want done..what kind of shoes are they? i need to know if i can airbrush on em

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    hmm..yeah maybe ebay doesnt charge the vat fees like mark was talking about. but shoes will be added to the price if i need to go out and buy em ofcourse, unless you can send me a pair you want done..what kind of shoes are they? i need to know if i can airbrush on em
    I believe I'm too young to post something overseas, ne? Well, probably converse, but I'm pretty open minded about shoes... I've seen someone before about painting on converse, she used acrylics though, she said it was fine and then she kindly broke her arm so it was never done.

I was thinking, would it cost more for you to put the shoes on a buy now setting on eBay and instantly inform me of when you're going to put them on...? Because that would make a lot of things easier.

You live in America, right? Everything is usually cheaper over there, if I'm looking to buy Converse of any sort it's £40, so I usually buy knock offs for a tenner.
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    well i dont have an ebay selling account yet, but i can probably work withthe guy selling my painting on ebay he lives close by and has bought many pieces of mine. there are listing fees and after the thing is sold ebay gets a cut of it..it would be cheaper and easier through ebay probably..these shoes i did for a couple were Vans, sort of like the converse, says J<3L

what are these knock offs you are talking about?

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    well i dont have an ebay selling account yet, but i can probably work withthe guy selling my painting on ebay he lives close by and has bought many pieces of mine. there are listing fees and after the thing is sold ebay gets a cut of it..it would be cheaper and easier through ebay probably..these shoes i did for a couple were Vans, sort of like the converse, says J<3L

what are these knock offs you are talking about?
    No, no, no, I've always wanted a pair of Vans but they do not exist in size 5. That's what I've been told by the woman previously painting my shoes, so I just went for converse... My Converse knock offs just don't have All Star on, they're practically the same. If you can find some Vans in my size (I really don't know if I have the same size shoes in US) then I'll take them over Converse.
    I love you, Adam.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Ads