Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maya (software)

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Maya (software)

Just wondering really if any one uses this, or ever has?

Maya is a high-end 3D computer graphics and 3D modeling software package originally developed by Alias Systems Corporation, but now owned by Autodesk as part of the Media and Entertainment division. Maya is used in the film and TV industry, as well as for computer and video games.

Reason for asking, there's an International Animation, Games and SFX Conference in my local city and I'm attending a workshop for one of the days. In the work shop we're there's going to be two guys showing us how to do some stuff on this software.

These two guys have worked on the following projects:
    British Airways - Ease
    Ford - Birds
    Hiscox - Cats
    BBC - Walking with Dinosaurs
    Xbox - Mosquito
    Johnnie Walker - Fish
    Audi - Fish
    Die Another Day
    Volvic - Jog
    And the brand new Chemical Brothers video

Sadly the day of this workshop is on the day of the Games conferences and there's a guy from EA games going there to talk about their new stuff =/ On the website it says 'This is an essential presentation for anyone interested in a career in entertainment and where the gaming industry is heading.' Which makes me even more gutted I missed it.

Here's the website about the conference if anyone's interested.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Maya is good stuff. Been around for ages.

Blender is coming along nicely too, you should check it out. I have it on this PC (FreeBSD), for shits and giggles. I don't actually have reason to use it for anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Lol cool so, you've used it?

Is it good? Easy, hard etc?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I've toyed with Blender it for a few brief moments. I've never used Maya, I am just familiar with it as it is a big name well known in the industry. So I read/hear about it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Ads