LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 152 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1512
  1. #1291
    ~I Spy Hypocricy~ Gymdawg's Avatar
    Member #
    2683
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Her arms
    Posts
    1,279
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5981-2669-3238-7379
    Here's my rough sketch of SOTW rules:
    -Unlimited number of participants
    -Only 1 entry per person
    -1 week entry deadline
    -1 week voting period (doubles as week for new entries into next contest to maintain a current SOTW)
    -Must contain given text
    -Must be relevant to given topic
    -Must be an original work made within the given week

    And yes, I want to be in this.
    ~Well, it's been the ruin of many a poor boy and God, I know I'm one ~

  2. Ads


  3. #1292
    HITLER ME JEZ King Wiired's Avatar
    WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    907
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom Status : Stunnin'
    Posts
    5,503
    Friends
    32
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymdawg
    Here's my rough sketch of SOTW rules:
    -Unlimited number of participants
    -Only 1 entry per person
    -1 week entry deadline
    -1 week voting period (doubles as week for new entries into next contest to maintain a current SOTW)
    -Must contain given text
    -Must be relevant to given topic
    -Must be an original work made within the given week

    And yes, I want to be in this.
    Practically what I was thinking. Only problem I came up with was - who chooses the topic?

  4. #1293
    Novocain Stain'd ssbb_lover's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    518
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,771
    Friends
    27
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Step 1: Everyone chooses a topic

    Step 2: Give all the choices to me, I put them on pieces of paper, carefully insert into hat, gently pull it out

    Step 3: If I don't like the topic I swear at the top of my lungs, but post it anyways cuz it's the honest thing to do.

    Anyone here could be the random chooser, I think we're all pretty honest.

    Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

    We Want Young Blood.


  5. #1294
    Novocain Stain'd ssbb_lover's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    518
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,771
    Friends
    27
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Double Post on purpose.

    It's a new idea. Everyone in the 1st SOTW chooses a topic they want to do for the next given week, say it ends up like this:

    SL votes: Animation

    KC votes: In-game renders (or whatever you call it)

    Gymdawg votes: No-render (like how you made that one sig that just has your name on it in huge letters, no render)

    Wiired votes: Vector

    Now, the whole group votes on someone else's pick (you can't vote for your own pick), the pick that gets the majority of votes gets chosen. NOW, this continues with the remaining 3 choices and so on. So eventually all the picks will have to be done eventually; further expanding our skill in all the styles.

    Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

    We Want Young Blood.


  6. #1295
    HITLER ME JEZ King Wiired's Avatar
    WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    907
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom Status : Stunnin'
    Posts
    5,503
    Friends
    32
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover
    Double Post on purpose.

    It's a new idea. Everyone in the 1st SOTW chooses a topic they want to do for the next given week, say it ends up like this:

    SL votes: Animation

    KC votes: In-game renders (or whatever you call it)

    Gymdawg votes: No-render (like how you made that one sig that just has your name on it in huge letters, no render)

    Wiired votes: Vector

    Now, the whole group votes on someone else's pick (you can't vote for your own pick), the pick that gets the majority of votes gets chosen. NOW, this continues with the remaining 3 choices and so on. So eventually all the picks will have to be done eventually; further expanding our skill in all the styles.
    Deal, though I don't think we should do choose a style, more of an actual topic. Like, I know for a fact my first topic I'd want to do would be music (namely Hip-hop :]), and then people could do what they wish :] thats what I recon anyway, I'm cool if you lot disagree.

  7. #1296
    Novocain Stain'd ssbb_lover's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    518
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,771
    Friends
    27
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiired
    Deal, though I don't think we should do choose a style, more of an actual topic. Like, I know for a fact my first topic I'd want to do would be music (namely Hip-hop :]), and then people could do what they wish :] thats what I recon anyway, I'm cool if you lot disagree.
    No, I totally agree. I just got my words jumbled and I was just giving examples.

    Just mix our ideas together and SHAZAM, we gotta SOTW.

    Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

    We Want Young Blood.


  8. #1297
    幸せ雑& Close's Avatar
    Member #
    2249
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,774
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yeah, vector is a style

    But I'm in and agree.

  9. #1298
    WiiChat Member KCBlack's Avatar
    Member #
    3851
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    486
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I personally think animation is too "gimicky" and detracts from the skill of the sig. And usually topics are more themed like "movies, anime, animals, future, etc." but I guess techniques could be topics, too.


    MOH:H2 Persona: KCBlack
    If anyone wants to play (total nub btw lol), just IM me and we can set something up.


  10. #1299
    Novocain Stain'd ssbb_lover's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    518
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,771
    Friends
    27
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by KCBlack
    I personally think animation is too "gimicky" and detracts from the skill of the sig. And usually topics are more themed like "movies, anime, animals, future, etc." but I guess techniques could be topics, too.
    Once again, jumbled words. I meant to put "Anime".

    I don't think Animation can really show skill, and if you put a termendous amount of effort into other parts of the sig, the animation can detract away from those things. I'm not really a fan of animation either. :/

    Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

    We Want Young Blood.


  11. #1300
    Anglophobiphile Brawny's Avatar
    Member #
    8228
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI, USA
    Posts
    6,546
    Friends
    24
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by dan99iel
    Wiicanchangetheworld, i think you made a background and added text and a render. I know that render. The sig itself, it's a little plain... Latest:



    Be my sig?
    Yep... I don't even know who that is in your current.

    Edit: even though I wouldn't stand a chance, would the likes of me be even able to enter this so-called sotw?
    Last edited by Brawny; 04-15-2007 at 12:43 PM.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Wiimote doesnt work for certain game
    By Shooey in forum Nintendo Wii Hardware
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2007, 09:59 PM
  2. Luongo Signature Tutorial S
    By Syntax in forum The Design Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 04:25 AM
  3. How To Request A Signature
    By Syntax in forum The Design Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 01:04 PM
  4. Do you Wiichat at Work?
    By Hurst in forum Nintendo Wii Online
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-23-2006, 05:55 AM
  5. The Official Show Your Work Thread
    By GreyKirby in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 06:49 PM