LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I say Freestyle once a month, every third week, and the rest of the themes can be voted on, or we make a thread, post what SOTW themes people wanna see, and you or Syntax decide what is the best. That's my idea/opinion.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Im with Tarheel, i think a mix of both would be best suited. Prob like Freestyle every other week or somethin along those lines. To me it just takes the dull out of it lets people do wat THEY want to do, they arent forced to 1 subject.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    I think every other week is unnecessary with member voting controlling it.

It is very likely that people would suggest free style and you simply have to vote for it. Only rule I would put against is don't do the same topic twice a month, sure it can go up for votes until it wins but say if freestyle is in march then you'd have to wait till April to put it forward again.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.McCloud
    I think every other week is unnecessary with member voting controlling it.

It is very likely that people would suggest free style and you simply have to vote for it. Only rule I would put against is don't do the same topic twice a month...
    I.E. Anime.

Keep the suggestions coming, everyone.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    3047-6290-8152-6237
    There's lots of ways to vary it.

You can split SOTW into 2 categories, first category being for more experienced sig makers that get given a theme, obviously it is much easier for people who are experienced to make a good sig with what's been given.
    And the second category for newer people to sigs, who get to do Freestyle each week until they feel confident enough to step up to theme'd sigs.
    (Lets be honest here, the reason people like Freestyle is because it's a lot harder to make a nice sig with a set theme, most people open photoshop or GIMP and do something until it looks nice)

Next is to simply let the winner of the SOTW pick the theme for the next week

Next is to give members 4 new options every week on what to pick, out of the 3 that aren't picked for that week they go over to the next week and a new 1 is put in the 1 that was picked place

Every other week is also good to vary it

Just a few put out there for ideas

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedus
    There's lots of ways to vary it.

You can split SOTW into 2 categories, first category being for more experienced sig makers that get given a theme, obviously it is much easier for people who are experienced to make a good sig with what's been given.
    And the second category for newer people to sigs, who get to do Freestyle each week until they feel confident enough to step up to theme'd sigs.
    (Lets be honest here, the reason people like Freestyle is because it's a lot harder to make a nice sig with a set theme, most people open photoshop or GIMP and do something until it looks nice)
    You mean like Planetrender's "SOTW" & "NSOTW". While this may be a good idea, I don't think there's enough people currently. Definitely something that I'll remember though, good suggestion.
    Next is to simply let the winner of the SOTW pick the theme for the next week
    That's how we used to have it, however it seems as though people want change. A lot of the time, we had themes picked where maybe 5 people entered. With a more member-involved theme choice, more people are happy. That's what we're truly trying to figure out here.
    Next is to give members 4 new options every week on what to pick, out of the 3 that aren't picked for that week they go over to the next week and a new 1 is put in the 1 that was picked place
    Interesting suggestion. However, it might be smart to also knock off the topic that came in last, then choose 2 new ones.
    Every other week is also good to vary it

Just a few put out there for ideas
    Thanks, Aedus.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    3047-6290-8152-6237
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover
    Interesting suggestion. However, it might be smart to also knock off the topic that came in last, then choose 2 new ones.
    Ah yeah possibly even better =o] More variation!

I'll try and think of some more ideas.

Member #
    Friends
    As long as the SOTW competitions continue to run, I am not too worried about the topics. Freestyle or not, I am always ready to participate whenever I can.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover
    I.E. Anime.

Keep the suggestions coming, everyone.
    I literally said anime then deleted it from my post...GET OUTA MY MIND MANG.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedus
    I'll try and think of some more ideas.
    Good idea. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Byuakuya
    As long as the SOTW competitions continue to run, I am not too worried about the topics. Freestyle or not, I am always ready to participate whenever I can.
    Of course, Pras. However, a veteran graphics artist who participates almost every week means a lot to hear from, so any thoughts about this you have are more than welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.McCloud
    I literally said anime then deleted it from my post...GET OUTA MY MIND MANG.
    You know we're awesome.

We Want Young Blood.

Ads