LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53
  1. #21
    Slowly returning.. <_< demonflair's Avatar
    Member #
    16268
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Portugal, Portimão
    Posts
    2,513
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2967-1215-6372-5681
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorp
    I loved Hybrid Theory, didn't listen to Meteora as much, but I still liked it. I would say I'm a linkin park fan. I was kind of excited when my brother told me about the new album the other day, but I haven't heard any of it yet.

    I can't agree on the Jay Z song though. I think it was a great song. I think its success is important to create more rock/rap songs as theres too much flooding of rap and hip hop these days. Not that I don't like rap I just wish there was more balance.
    There is something true in what you say, in these days there's milions of new rappers, just turn your TV on, and put it on MTV, you'll only see hip hop and rap bands, what happened to rock bands in MTV??

    And no for the creation of rap/rock bands... Their diferent genres of music, mixing them and have success is a really hard work IMO.

  2. #22
    Novocain Stain'd ssbb_lover's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    518
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,771
    Friends
    27
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by demonflair
    And no for the creation of rap/rock bands... Their diferent genres of music, mixing them and have success is a really hard work IMO.
    ....*cough*Linkin Park*cough*....

    Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

    We Want Young Blood.


  3. #23
    Slowly returning.. <_< demonflair's Avatar
    Member #
    16268
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Portugal, Portimão
    Posts
    2,513
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2967-1215-6372-5681
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover
    ....*cough*Linkin Park*cough*....


    Only Linkin Park did it at a great level before...

    But I was refering to other new bands to come out in the future.

  4. #24
    Novocain Stain'd ssbb_lover's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    518
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,771
    Friends
    27
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by demonflair


    Only Linkin Park did it at a great level before...

    But I was refering to other new bands to come out in the future.
    True....

    Kids, don't try this at home (or studio). :/

    Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

    We Want Young Blood.


  5. #25
    No.1 Smurf Wii_Smurf's Avatar
    Member #
    6200
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,952
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I like the album, Though maybe a tad bit emo

    My order:

    Hybrid Therory/Reanimation [I prefer chesters shouting to his singing] [I like the DJ/Rock mixing xD]
    Metora [Loving the rapping]
    Minutes to midnight [Abit too emo]



    No Longer Have A Wii


  6. #26
    Novocain Stain'd ssbb_lover's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    518
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,771
    Friends
    27
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    I like the album, Though maybe a tad bit emo

    My order:

    Hybrid Therory/Reanimation [I prefer chesters shouting to his singing] [I like the DJ/Rock mixing xD]
    Metora [Loving the rapping]
    Minutes to midnight [Abit too emo]
    I'll give you that, the lyrics are emo, but the music is just soft crap.

    I agree with your order.

    Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

    We Want Young Blood.


  7. #27
    ~I Spy Hypocricy~ Gymdawg's Avatar
    Member #
    2683
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Her arms
    Posts
    1,279
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5981-2669-3238-7379
    I actually like their new album. Granted, it doesn't have the heavy sound of their old stuff, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good album. It has some very well written lyrics and I think it's nice to hear Chester actually sing them for a change.
    Don't act like they're terrible now simply because this one album isn't like their older ones, bands change; and it's a goods thing. If they just kept doing the same thing over and over again they'd get tired and bored and you'd see it in their performances. if you watched LP on SNL last week you'd have seen that they're still having fun with each other and enjoying playing.
    ~Well, it's been the ruin of many a poor boy and God, I know I'm one ~

  8. #28
    Novocain Stain'd ssbb_lover's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    518
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,771
    Friends
    27
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymdawg
    I actually like their new album. Granted, it doesn't have the heavy sound of their old stuff, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good album. It has some very well written lyrics and I think it's nice to hear Chester actually sing them for a change.
    Don't act like they're terrible now simply because this one album isn't like their older ones, bands change; and it's a goods thing. If they just kept doing the same thing over and over again they'd get tired and bored and you'd see it in their performances. if you watched LP on SNL last week you'd have seen that they're still having fun with each other and enjoying playing.
    Gym, you're taking what I said out of proportion. I didn't say I didn't like them because a) they changed from their nu-metal sound b) they don't scream as much c) it's not meteora/hybrid theory.

    I saw them on SNL last week, they were great (LP is amazing live).

    The lyrics aren't as powerful (IMO) only because to me there just isn't any enthusiasm while he sings them. He's just kind of whining them out (*cough* emo *cough*). Also, not near as much rapping (I hate rap, but when LP does it I love it).

    Just a lot of stuff I liked about old-LP didn't transfer to new-LP, and it's not that that's the reason I don't like this album. If they would have come up with some amazing new things, but lost some old stuff that I liked, I wouldn't mind. IMO, they lost more than they gained.

    Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

    We Want Young Blood.


  9. #29
    Error Getting Statistics E7ernal's Avatar
    Member #
    1689
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    727
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by demonflair
    But when they did that remix with Jay-Z it all went down...
    Really? I loved that remix and since I wen't off Linkin Park it's been my favourite. It also gained them some popularity and rep with the masses.

    I've only heard the Single Track from the new album but i'm happy that they've stopped singing about 'Insecurity' ans shite like that in their songs. I got a bit tired about how much they hated themselves.

    Strikers: 017280 524282

  10. #30
    Banned Griever's Avatar
    Member #
    24063
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fallowfield, Manchester
    Posts
    179
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    The problem with the album isn't the fact that a lot of the songs are softer because there are still some tracks on the album which more follow the old LP style ("Given Up", "No More Sorrow", "Bleed It Out") and the problem isn't even that some of the songs have hardly no guitar elements at all ("Hands Held High","Leave Out All The Rest") because some of these songs are actually pretty good if you don't listen to them expecting a Nu-Metal track...

    The problem is that the album has too many clashes of different styles on it. It's far too clear that Chester and Shinoda are almost fighting for control of the album and the producer, Rick Rubin, has done an uncharacteristically bad job at sorting it all out.

    Shinoda is clearly moving more towards the style of music he released with his side-project Fort Minor (and that side project really does suck - I mean, truly, the songs aren't even full songs it's like parts of the songs are missing) whereas Chester still wants to produce the heavier stuff albeit whilst moving away from the Nu-Metal style. What it's ended up doing is messing up the album because the two styles are just too different to mix together.

    Personally, I like these songs;

    - Given Up; This is a lot more like the old LP style and when I heard it (it's the second track so you hear it first after the Intro, "Wake") I actually had high expectations for the album. It's a good song.

    - Leave Out All The Rest; This one might be slower but it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb which is why I like it. The heavier chorus emphasises the point, really, and because of this I think it's not so bad. Also, unlike some of the other slower songs on the album, like "In Between", this song actually sounds like it is a finished and polished product.

    - Bleed It Out; Could do with a heavier riff in the rapping sections but the chorus makes up for it. Reminds me of some of the older stuff, really, but if it was to stay it would need a little work to make it sound more fininshed.

    - What I've Done; To say it's slower I don't think it's a bad song. Like "Leave Out All The Rest" this track sounds finished and polished and so it ends up being a good track. I suppose if some of the other softer songs on the album sounded just as full then they wouldn't be such a let down.

    - Hands Held High; I just like the message this song puts across even if it barely has any guitar elements. The lyrics are definately the most mature Shinoda has ever written and it's the only song on the album which shows he actually has any skill as a lyricist. His lyrics on this album are pretty weak apart from this song, tbh. Still, though, it's not really heavy enough to fit in with some of the other songs so - despite how much I like the lyrics - it would either need a lot of work or just to be scrapped altogether. It really needs a heavy chorus, tbh, because the chorus it actually does have is a let down.

    - No More Sorrow; Best track on the album bar none. Heavy, lotsa screaming, lotsa drums and not a lot of the synth crap you hear on the worse songs on this album. It sounds finished, done, and - most of all - it sounds like LP wrote it. This is clearly one of the more Chester influenced songs and if Chester's solo album sounds like this I'm gonna have to buy it more than once...

    - The Little Things Give You Away; It might be slow but it makes a good last song for the album. Also, I like the way it builds up slowly over the length of the song and progressively gets heavier until it all comes together at the end. Also, it is the longest song that LP have ever written and on that note alone I think it should stay. Hell, it's twice as long as some of the weaker songs and still managed to sound a lot more finished than they do.


    Anyway, yeah - these 7 would probably make a decent EP which is sad considering this album had 150 songs written and ready yet the weakest songs have managed to get through. I want to hear what some of those other 150 sounded like just so I can compare. Hopefully some of the heavier one's will be released as B-Sides so people can tell LP how much better the heavier tracks are than the Shinoda heavy stuff...

    Anyway - I suggest *cough* downloading *cough* this album rather than spending your not-so-hard earned money on it. I don't think there are enough good tracks on it to warrant the price tag.

    Just my (far more than) 2 pence. <3
    Last edited by Griever; 05-16-2007 at 06:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts