LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7404-0035-3816-1331

Survivor Man Vs. Man Versus Wild; Which is better?

I say Survivorman because he has to haul all that equipment around and tape himself, while Bear has his own camera crew, and he doesn't have to worry about taping.

Wiichats BIGGER Metal Head
    Don't listen to Mr.Resi, Chad Smith owns Thrasher!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    Just so many threads about the same problems day after day. They get on top of you like a horny prostitute

Member #
    Friends
    3054-3489-6043-9855
    Survivor Man all the way. That guy is a tank one of my fav tv shows.

Member #
    Friends
    8913-3076-5932-5312
    Survivor Man

good show i must say

Member #
    Friends
    Survivor Man

The other guy is all staged and is an act. Not saying I can pull off the stuff that he does, but I have more respect for Survivor Man.

Member #
    Friends
    1830-2062-7374-0757
    Survivor Man all the way. I used to be a hardcore fan.

Im a freaking Wii owner! Emo_Kid1001's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    man vs wild but i love both
    hey if you are looking for me my new name is Dewy_fan93 so there bye freak im not using this one so go hahaha that was a funny joke now go RAPE RAPE SOMEONE HELP

Member #
    Friends

The Winner: Man vs. Wild

I like both shows but Man vs. Wild is clearly the better of the two. Bear Grylls may not carry is own cameras but that is the strength of his show. It is more realistic to simply survive and let a camera crew worry about the logistics of filming it. Moreover, Bear is amazing in the physical feats that he does on the show. If you have ever seen his shows in the Pacific or in the Everglades, you would see that Bear is much more physical than Les' equivalent shows.

In carrying his own cameras, Les Stroud does not present a realistic approach because he also has to worry about setting up the shots and thus, does not do things that a normal person would do in a survival situation. In an episode in the desert, he admitted that he would not have hiked 5 miles to shelter twice had it not been for lugging his equipment. A real survivalist would have ditched the dead weight. In the Everglades, he had to leave his porly constructed raft and wade ahead to place cameras so the viewers can see images of him rafting toward the camera. I do, however, respect and appreciate the fact that Les is all alone.

In the example of cast away survival, Les was deployed from a boat in an inflatable life raft with many supplies. He drifted with the current until he came to a very small island containing coconuts and cockroaches. He had a boat waiting a few miles out and just waited until his seven day limit was done.

Bear, on the other hand, was dropped by helicopter in the ocean and swam two miles to an island with nothing but a pocket knife. He swam around the island until the tide allowed him to get closer. The location where he went ashore was a barrier of sheer cliffs which he climbed. He then made his way to the other side of the island through jungles to a beach where he made camp. He spent several days setting up a camp in which he could survive for weeks if needed. Not wanting to wait for a ship, he built a very nice boat from bamboo. He also wove a sail with palm fronds. He then supplied the craft the best he could and braved the open ocean until he was found by a boat.

The other thing that I like better about Bear is that he goes out of his way to demonstrate how to survive. For example, he purposefully jumps into quicksand or breaks through an icy lake to show the viewer how to get out of these situations. Bear has immense knowledge and is more informative to his viewers. Les, in contrast, takes a lethargic approach to surviving. Once he finds a location that is survivable, he stays put and waits for his crew (no more than seven days). Bear's mission is not over until he guides himself (and his camera crew) to safety.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but Bear Grylls deserves more credit than you have all given him...

Member #
    Friends
    3054-3489-6043-9855
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzjay
    I like both shows but Man vs. Wild is clearly the better of the two. Bear Grylls may not carry is own cameras but that is the strength of his show. It is more realistic to simply survive and let a camera crew worry about the logistics of filming it. Moreover, Bear is amazing in the physical feats that he does on the show. If you have ever seen his shows in the Pacific or in the Everglades, you would see that Bear is much more physical than Les' equivalent shows.

In carrying his own cameras, Les Stroud does not present a realistic approach because he also has to worry about setting up the shots and thus, does not do things that a normal person would do in a survival situation. In an episode in the desert, he admitted that he would not have hiked 5 miles to shelter twice had it not been for lugging his equipment. A real survivalist would have ditched the dead weight. In the Everglades, he had to leave his porly constructed raft and wade ahead to place cameras so the viewers can see images of him rafting toward the camera. I do, however, respect and appreciate the fact that Les is all alone.

In the example of cast away survival, Les was deployed from a boat in an inflatable life raft with many supplies. He drifted with the current until he came to a very small island containing coconuts and cockroaches. He had a boat waiting a few miles out and just waited until his seven day limit was done.

Bear, on the other hand, was dropped by helicopter in the ocean and swam two miles to an island with nothing but a pocket knife. He swam around the island until the tide allowed him to get closer. The location where he went ashore was a barrier of sheer cliffs which he climbed. He then made his way to the other side of the island through jungles to a beach where he made camp. He spent several days setting up a camp in which he could survive for weeks if needed. Not wanting to wait for a ship, he built a very nice boat from bamboo. He also wove a sail with palm fronds. He then supplied the craft the best he could and braved the open ocean until he was found by a boat.

The other thing that I like better about Bear is that he goes out of his way to demonstrate how to survive. For example, he purposefully jumps into quicksand or breaks through an icy lake to show the viewer how to get out of these situations. Bear has immense knowledge and is more informative to his viewers. Les, in contrast, takes a lethargic approach to surviving. Once he finds a location that is survivable, he stays put and waits for his crew (no more than seven days). Bear's mission is not over until he guides himself (and his camera crew) to safety.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but Bear Grylls deserves more credit than you have all given him...
    damn.. you made a long first post, then never came back to make more. Sounds odd. Bumping this to show it's already been made...

xbox live: Dun Worry It K

Member #
    Friends
    7448-6534-8132-0252
    Man Vs Wild Bear Grylls Is My Hero

Member #
    Friends
    man vs. wild all the way baby. he is a friggen beast
    please rep me. i will rep you also.

my fc is: 4381 8516 9222