Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5798-9589-9244-4010
    Last season I think was the name
    10/10
    -Eddy122
    Wii Code: 5798-9589-9244-4010
    Brawl Code: 3093-6961-1469

Quote Originally Posted by BoZ the Epic View Post
    I'm not old! I'm hip! Just the other day, i went to some groovey party with some cool cats dancing to some hip music!

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    It was so stupid. The plot was immeasurably bland and predictable. Yes, visually it was absolutely stunning, but that can't possibly make up for the utter lack of true character development. In all honesty, half the characters were merely plot devices (The General, anyone?), and other than the visual stimulation, I got nothing from that but the same old movie I've seen a million times, other than the fact that things were shiner and I saw more blue. Lets go for some real plot development rather than the same old cookie-cutter plot that we've seen a million times, and lets try not to spend half a billion dollars on it too. (Half a billion...that is not even an exaggeration. It actually cost that much.)

Sherlock Holmes 9.5/10
    Stayed relatively true to its literary counterpart. Exciting, Intellectually fueling, and fast paced. Didn't WOW me, but it was more than I had expected. Left itself open for a sequel, which was kinda cool. Acting was PHENOMENAL by Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. That really made the movie for me.
    Last edited by Bowserizer; 01-02-2010 at 11:29 PM.

I Used To Be a King

Member #
    Friends
    1923-6615-4080-7852
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowserizer View Post
    It was so stupid. The plot was immeasurably bland and predictable. Yes, visually it was absolutely stunning, but that can't possibly make up for the utter lack of true character development. In all honesty, half the characters were merely plot devices (The General, anyone?), and other than the visual stimulation, I got nothing from that but the same old movie I've seen a million times, other than the fact that things were shiner and I saw more blue. Lets go for some real plot development rather than the same old cookie-cutter plot that we've seen a million times, and lets try not to spend half a billion dollars on it too. (Half a billion...that is not even an exaggeration. It actually cost that much.)

Sherlock Holmes 8.5/10
    Stayed relatively true to its literary counterpart. Exciting, Intellectually fueling, and fast paced. Didn't WOW me, but it was more than I had expected. Left itself open for a sequel, which was kinda cool. Acting was PHENOMENAL by Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. That really made the movie for me.
    Your review on sherlock holmes sound like a 10/10 for me.:P. Robert Downey Jr. is the man. I gave the movie a 10/10..very good film.

On avatar..i didnt see the movie, but i was thinking about it tommorow..people say its good, then people say its horrible.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by DG~X View Post

Sherlock Holmes 8.5/10
    Your review on sherlock holmes sound like a 10/10 for me.:P. Robert Downey Jr. is the man. I gave the movie a 10/10..very good film.

On avatar..i didnt see the movie, but i was thinking about it tommorow..people say its good, then people say its horrible.
    I revised my decision on Holmes :P

Yea, some people fell in love with Avatar. Clearly I did not xD

I Used To Be a King

Member #
    Friends
    4124-1105-5773-2471
    last film i saw was a couple of days ago was sherlock holmes good action and great story

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234

Plot was predictable true, but while I am a sucker for a good story, I am also an artist and I'm sure anyone can see that in an artists' point-of-view this movie was absolutely fantastic. There was so much depth to it visually, so much detail to every bit of it, certainly enough to make up for the storys' short comings. Also the movie was very, very imaginative and successfully created an impossible but plausable world. I say, bravo.

Oh and when I saw it last night I saw the trailer for a film adaptation of Kick-Ass! That's one of my favorite Marvel comics ever!

Member #
    Friends
    8241-8596-1787-3562

Sherlock Holmes 9.5/10
    Half a billy? more like 300 millie -nerd scoff-

Hangover 7-10 "going up guys"
    My Handle is Muny.
    Brawl Code----3695-6170-3104
    CoDMWR Code-3258-2769-9516

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Up in the Air - 10/10

One of the best films of '09. I enjoyed it all the way through and believe it lived up to it's hype.

Old Signature

"I don't mean to seem like I care about material things, like a social status."

Member #
    Friends
    8241-8596-1787-3562
    ^^^Movie was sad.

Snakes On A Plane(tv)-5/10
    The ending was kinda bland, and it was gay(>< my vocab) how they didn't follow up on eddie chang(main bad guy.)

I laughed when Samuel's character said "Monkey-flipping snakes on this monkey-flipping plane!"
    My Handle is Muny.
    Brawl Code----3695-6170-3104
    CoDMWR Code-3258-2769-9516

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234

There are a lot of things which contributed to that, one being it was my first IMAX movie. Second, the world, machines, and most everything captured me completely.. it wasn't meant to be an intellectually stimulating movie, it was for action, telling a story about a different world, showing how corrupt humans are, etc. I just really liked it.

Julia & Julie: 9/10

A really great movie to see with your partner, at least in my experience. I thoroughly enjoyed it (watched this with the girlfriend).

Inglourious Basterds: 7.5/10

Brad Pitt and especially Christoph Waltz were fantastic.. the end of the movie is the best. I like the intro too. It may have had to due with the time of night at which I watched this, but I don't think so.. the dialogue was just dead boring a majority of the time. May watch it again some day.. far, far away.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Ads