+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 116 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Rate the last movie you saw

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by gpoleweski View Post
    Who gives an flying frock if it's a blockbuster film or not. Someone doesn't like what you're weraing...who gives...someone doesn't like what you eat...so what...someone doesn't like what you smell like...get deodorant.
    Actually, I don't give a crap if it's popular or not. It just happens that many of the films that do become popular are ones I don't particularly like, because usually they're either family-friendly films which don't appeal to me, or boring high-concept action films. There are blockbuster films I do like (e.g. the LotR trilogy, new Star Trek), but in general I don't find them that good.

And the word block buster doesn't make any sense...who busts block when it's a good movie?
    I don't make these names up.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    0710-2343-2773-8881
    A Clockwork Orange - 10/10
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.
    - George Carlin

Member #
    Friends
    4462-3961-4067-6996
    I know, Lol, sorry napalm, I'm not having a go at you...I just started to get into a bit of a rant.
    In bed by eight...home by eleven

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    The Outlaw Josey Wales - loved it. I watched it a couple nights ago, when the storms here were peaking, the power was threatening to shut off all night, was afraid I wouldn't get the dinner being made because of the power going out. By the time I put on this movie, they had stopped for a while... and started back up 10 minutes before the movie ended. I was very concerned power would be go out... And apparently it did, and I just missed the outage. But overall, a great film. I did get annoyed with Clint spitting all the time, I am sure he's done that type of thing before, but it was never as... noticeable, maybe, as this. He kept spitting on the dog, is all. and a little bit always hung to his lip and I'd watch it... and next shot it would disappear.

Anyhoo, great film!

Sig by Deanis

Member #
    Friends
    4462-3961-4067-6996
    Lol, great insight.

Braveheart, forst time watcheed...finally 9/10...Only thing is...they should've not betrayed him in real life...

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - 9/10

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Okay, let me start off by saying that I know a lot of Indy fans thought this was absolutely horrible. I didn't think so. Most fans hated it because it included
    Spoiler Alert!

in it. But I for one was amazed that they did something like that and still make it feel like an Indiana Jones movie.

Spoiler Alert!

So in all, I was impressed. I give it an 8/10

Member #
    Friends
    4462-3961-4067-6996
    Star Trek...I Probably wwould've enjoyed it more if I knew more of Star Trek.

Still a very good movie and ym dad who's a big trekkie was there to point some things out...Some were to obvious not to get "I'm giving her all she's got Captain!"

9/10

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Unforgiven. Excellent film. Clint Eastwood was great, and his supporting cast was also good. Though I found it interesting his casting of Morgan Freeman, who is a great actor. But he's well, black, and the film is set during a time where he'd have encountered racism. Sure, one character takes an instant disliking towards him, but he doesn't really get any racist slurs, but despite this little point it didn't detract from the film at all. Which sort of makes me think the character wasn't written as black, but Morgan Freeman is just so cool they decided to cast him anyway.

Sig by Deanis

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekiushi View Post
    Unforgiven. Excellent film. Clint Eastwood was great, and his supporting cast was also good. Though I found it interesting his casting of Morgan Freeman, who is a great actor. But he's well, black, and the film is set during a time where he'd have encountered racism. Sure, one character takes an instant disliking towards him, but he doesn't really get any racist slurs, but despite this little point it didn't detract from the film at all. Which sort of makes me think the character wasn't written as black, but Morgan Freeman is just so cool they decided to cast him anyway.
    Are you going through all the Clint Eastwood westerns?

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yep, and I've still have a couple more at home to watch, and there is probably more out there I still need to buy. As for why the Clint obsession, I am not entirey sure. But this really is what I do. Before Clint it was Robert De Niro, I went out and bought as many of his films that I could find (and waiting on more) and before him it was Al Pacino. Then somewhere in the middle it was an obsession with watching all of the James Bonds, though as this is kind of like a series this may make more sense. I can develop strong obsessions and make my family endure weeks of the same actor, often in the same roles. It's apart of my charm.

So, moving on - High Plains Drifter. As this is written on the backcover of the film case, in the first twenty minutes Clint kills three people and rapes one woman. And the town just watches and thinks that Clint might be a good person to defend themselves against three people just out of jail and coming for revenge on the town. I enjoyed this film, the ending was a bit X-Files, I suppose is a way to put it. But, as someone who has a kind of creepy liking towards the X-Files' Smoking Man, I have to say I liked the ending.

Sig by Deanis

Ads