Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hd Tv

Gaz
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Quote Originally Posted by dogayonv
    Your 19, Im 36. I was asking for advice from someone who has done this. Now I see why many people leave this WiiChat because people Talk about things they have never tried and pick fights.

I never owned a HDTV thats why I was hoping to find someone who has one and has tried this. Please in the future dont talk about things you havent tried. Also there is HD Monitors Made by Westing house. But I was refering to tv. Something I never had and looking into.

Anyone more friendly please answer my question.
    act your age then not your shoe size.

i've used a widescreen HDTV as a monitor before. so before you go saying that i havn't tried it, how about you ask if i have! i'm giving you my honest opinion as well as a known truth, i'm not saying anything against it being HD, more the fact of the size. 30" is deamed the max, and possibly to big. The resoulutions wouldn't really go high enough to make it worth it, it would be like having a 19" monitor running 640 by 400 on it.

if your only getting it because it's a TV, then why not get a slightly smaller monitor and then get a TV tuner for your computer, which infact will be better than just buying a TV and plugging an areial in it.
    Mac Expert.

Member #
    Friends
    a 32" is pretty good

Member #
    Friends
    My 42" plasma has VGA input and until recently that is what I used for my XBOX360 (looked great!). Just match the native resolution of the TV and your computer and it will look fine.

Member #
    Friends
    your PC will look fine on it, don't worry.
    your gfx card does have the ability to go beyond HDTV resolutions, I understand what you were trying to say.

Look at it this way, hi-def TV (broadcast, BD, HD-DVD etc) is 1920x1080 (discounting 720p), that looks great on massive TV's (50" upwards)

I have my PC hooked up to a 20" monitor as well as a 37" HDTV (via DVI -> HDMI) I watch movies etc (HDTV, BD & HD-DVD) on the TV through the PC but any icons and windows I open on the TV look fine
    Maff
    Wii with Wii Play & Wii Sports. 37" HDTV, PC with Blu-ray & HD-DVD, SkyHD, Sony HD Camcorder.

Ads