LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: The Muse Thread

  1. #11
    Wii User :) StwrX03's Avatar
    Member #
    3823
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fond du Lac, WI
    Posts
    136
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1847-1773-0010-2972
    never heard of them until starlight, then i bought that cd
    List:
    4 remotes, 4 nunchuck, 2 classic controller, Wii Sports, Wii Play, LoZ:TP, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, NFS:Carbon, GH:LOR, Metroid Prime Corruption, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, NFS:Pro Street.

    # 1847-1773-0010-2972
    GH3 219158136206

    StwrX03

  2. #12
    Muse Fanatic Of WiiChat M@gicM@rk's Avatar
    Member #
    38206
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Let me check. Amount of awesome: 1337
    Posts
    48
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Awesome, this thread is getting some love! :3

    That's a big list, Tyler... though well justified. d:
    I find it hard just to pick a favorite album!


    My current Muse playist:
    • Plug In Baby
    • Hysteria
    • Stockholm Syndrome
    • Time Is Running Out
    • Take a Bow
    • Supermassive Black Hole
    • Assassin
    • City of Delusion
    • Butterflies & Hurricanes
    • Blackout
    • Muscle Museum
    • Sober
    • New Born
    • Knights of Cydonia




    My friend, LemonManX, provides some interesting information:
    Quote Originally Posted by LMX
    Dom and spilled news that Muse might be starting an album that goes more in the "electronic" direction this year. He mentions that they usually need time for these things but are "buzzing" at the moment. I'm so hyped. That could mean another Aussie tour mid-09.

    *scratches PS3 off list just in case*

    Also, Muse are interesting in getting a boat and touring by turning up in a port, opening up the back of the boat and rocking out a hardcore gig there. That would be so awesome. Didn't they use to do that sort of thing back in the day?

    Muse ftw!

    Sadly the Wembley DVD has been delayed til February. But apparently a Greatest Hits CD could be close.
    *strokes imaginary beard*
    I declare this awesome.

    Spoiler Alert!


  3. #13
    Novocain Stain'd ssbb_lover's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    518
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,771
    Friends
    27
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    It doesn't need to be declared, it's fact. If a Greatest Hits CD is released, I'll snatch that sucker up faster than a cheetah on a zebra.

    Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

    We Want Young Blood.


  4. #14
    Anglophobiphile Brawny's Avatar
    Member #
    8228
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI, USA
    Posts
    6,546
    Friends
    25
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    But not faster than you getting your arse online?

    Hmmm on topic...I'm listening to Absolution right now.

  5. #15
    Super Ninjarator Foxy's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    20731
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,700
    Friends
    22
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Knights > all apart from hives.

  6. #16
    Novocain Stain'd ssbb_lover's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    518
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,771
    Friends
    27
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.McCloud
    Knights > all apart from hives.
    KOC is not that great (compared to Muse's other works; in itself, it's a great song, but it holds no comparison to any of the other songs I put in my "Favorite Song By Muse" list in the Muse Thread).

    Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

    We Want Young Blood.


  7. #17
    Super Ninjarator Foxy's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    20731
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,700
    Friends
    22
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover
    KOC is not that great (compared to Muse's other works; in itself, it's a great song, but it holds no comparison to any of the other songs I put in my "Favorite Song By Muse" list in the Muse Thread).
    Your taste phails dramatically. I mean come on Snooker > Tennis.

    I personally love KOC

  8. #18
    God Complex Frogger's Avatar
    Member #
    16994
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    3,763
    Friends
    16
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.McCloud
    Your taste phails dramatically. I mean come on Snooker > Tennis.

    I personally love KOC
    Knights of Cyndonia is nothing compared to everything else. Time is Running Out, Hysteria and Plug in Baby are a thousand times better.

    My aunty has signed CD's somewhere, all she brought me back was a t-shirt, ahah.
    I love you, Adam.


  9. #19
    Gearhead Surf Coder [DT]'s Avatar
    Member #
    33107
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vilano Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,329
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by M@gicM@rk
    Awesome, this thread is getting some love! :3

    That's a big list, Tyler... though well justified. d:
    I find it hard just to pick a favorite album!


    My current Muse playist:
    • Plug In Baby
    • Hysteria
    • Stockholm Syndrome
    • Time Is Running Out
    • Take a Bow
    • Supermassive Black Hole
    • Assassin
    • City of Delusion
    • Butterflies & Hurricanes
    • Blackout
    • Muscle Museum
    • Sober
    • New Born
    • Knights of Cydonia
    That is pretty outstanding. Muse became one of my favorite bands several years back after someone on a forum recommended them for fans of Radiohead. Though I think they've created their own, very unique variant of the alt-guitar-synth-layered-Radiohead-ish sound.

    I've passed on the recommendation to friends and they've all been happy I did - pretty much near-instant fans. Origin of Symmetry is likely in my Top 20 of all time.
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

    "Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

    "The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

  10. #20
    Novocain Stain'd ssbb_lover's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    518
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,771
    Friends
    27
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT]
    That is pretty outstanding. Muse became one of my favorite bands several years back after someone on a forum recommended them for fans of Radiohead. Though I think they've created their own, very unique variant of the alt-guitar-synth-layered-Radiohead-ish sound.

    I've passed on the recommendation to friends and they've all been happy I did - pretty much near-instant fans. Origin of Symmetry is likely in my Top 20 of all time.
    OoS is definitely an incredible album. I also think their 1st album, Showbiz is incredible just because of the fact it was there 1st...and even though their sound has stayed mostly the same, you can hear how the band has matured. Absolution is crazy awesome too.

    On the topic of similarities between Radiohead and Muse, I really don't understand it. The only characteristics I find similar is that both bands use falsetto vocalists. The guitar and drums both sound way different to me. While Muse is ready to rock out and go wild, Radiohead stays very conservative and soft. Also, even though both singers use the same style, their voices still sound totally different to me.

    Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

    We Want Young Blood.


Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts