LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Concert Thread V1.0

One of the other threads had a good amount of chat about concerts, so I thought a dedicated thread might be fun!

One WiiChat's award winning members said there was a thread, so I tried the "already posted" function, nothing found.

So here's a new, V1.0 official concert thread!

Who have you seen [live]? Anyone you'd see again? Disappointments? Near religious experiences? Crazy concert tales? (I have some of those, er, though some are R-rated). Anyone you're jonzin' to see? (keeping this to non-fantasy scenarios).
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Hhahahaha, it's here! Well seeing how Adam's gone, why not...

Worst concert I've ever been to is probably Blink 182, who sung way too fast, out of tune and just sounded like they wanted to get the gig over with, and were so blatantly drunk. But, Mark's harmonica solo at the end was probably worth it. I was so far away as well, I hate upper tier seats, they didn't say that when I ordered, but it was crap anyway so I didn't bother bringing anything up.

Best, probably The Offspring, even thought I ordered my tickets so last minute and got the back row. I wanted to trade my tickets with someone else who wanted seats but my friends weren't having it, they wanted to be safe and don't like pits. Ahaha, pits are the freaking best part. But anyway, Dexter's accent is brilliant, and they stuck to all the classics, none of the new album pumping crap everybody else does.

REM were quite good, I went to see them in Manchester in a cricket ground, the whole place was terribly middle class though, and you can imagine not the most interesting crowd I've ever encountered. But the tickets were bright pink! And at the end it rained, you don't know how God damn amazing that felt.

I have to mention Lostprophets here, it was so annoying. Would've been one of the best concerts I'd have went to, but I caught one of my friends going to fall right in the middle of the pit so I dragged her out and regrouped with my sissy friends who were at the side, then I bought everyone freaking expensive drinks of Coke because they were clearly dying, and then I brought them back near the edge of the pit, none of them were going back in. Once Burn Burn was on the drummer threw his stick, right at me, and I mean right at me, I thought it was a full lager can, and it totally whacked me on the head, then I had a stick in my hands, but I didn't realise... And then my other friend snatched it off me. Goody.

I want to see Ayumi, oh my God I have to go see Ayumi, someone needs to get me to Japan, I'll do anything! Some of her performances are absolutely bonkers with the effects, and she's totally awesome, and so's her geetarist Yo Chan. After buying her DVDs I really want to go see her, but I think she's going to become inactive within the next couple of years... Shame.

And The Police! If I can manage tickets next week for Manchester, then my mum is going to get the most expensive birthday present to date. xD
    Last edited by Frogger; 01-23-2008 at 06:17 PM.
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Judging by peoples music-related comments on this site, I doubt I'll get much support (there are some) on who I've saw:

-Kanye West (twice - was better the first time, but was pretty awesome both times...would definitely see him again)

-Erm, Usher (I took a few ladies, so it's allowed. They enjoyed themselves so it was alright...I wouldn't go again however)

-Eminem, except he cancelled so I didn't actually get to see him (gutted). But 50 Cent replaced it with his own concert, and brought along the likes of Lloyd Banks, Young Buck, Mobb Deep, M.O.P., Olivia, and Spider Loc (amazing concert...would definitely go again)

-Snoop Dogg (he was pretty good...don't know if I'd go again, wouldn't mind but he wouldn't be top of my list)

-Game (exceptional...definitely would like to see him again)

-D12 (very good...doubt I'd go again if it came to it though)

-DMX (brilliant...would go again - a couple of tales from this, including some huge guy obliterating this other guy who was completely off his face, but I can't be bothered to go into detail!)

In all of these I was standing (apart from Usher), and we managed to get ourselves to at least 4 rows (if people were standing in sort of rows) to the front. They were all in the Manchester Apollo, except for Usher, 50 and one of the Kanye ones, which were all in the M.E.N.
    Last edited by Lewi T; 01-23-2008 at 06:18 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    I was going to say your music taste is crap flicking through, and then I read it all over again and saw your first line. xD
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger
    I was going to say your music taste is crap flicking through, and then I read it all over again and saw your first line. xD
    You'll be glad to know that that isn't my specific music taste, I like pretty much everything. It's just they're the only ones that I've been to see.

Member #
    Friends
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    I've seen quite a few shows

-1964(Beatles Tribute)
    -Darkstar Orchestra (Grateful Dead Cover Band) 4 times, 6 sets total
    -Ekoostik Hookah 5 times, 9 sets total
    -Matisyahu
    -Covert Operations
    -Rootstand
    -David Gans
    -Oakhurst
    -Jazzam
    -Cornmeal
    -Papadosio
    -The Recipe
    -Freekbass
    -BoomBox
    -Crackers and Jam
    -Rhythm Devils

All of them were great, but my favorites would have to be Darkstar Orchestra and Papadosio.
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

Member #
    Friends
    2937-4259-9208-4198
    I've seen these people in concert:

Sheryl Crow (x2)
    Dixie Chicks
    Carrie Underwood
    Beyonce
    Fleetwood Mac
    Stevie Nicks
    Fiona Apple
    Christina Aguilera (x2)
    Justin Timberlake (x3)
    Britney ****ing Spears (x4)
    Mariah Carey
    Nickelback
    Anna Nalick
    Tori Amos
    Vanessa Carlton
    Michelle Branch
    Limp Bizkit (ewwwww, I was dragged)
    Eminem (same ^)
    John Legend
    Corinne Bailey Rae
    Damien Rice
    Tina Dico
    Bjork
    Missy Higgins
    Aly & AJ

My favorite concert was definitely the first time I saw Sheryl Crow. I had been obsessed with her since her 2nd album's release. She played outdoors at the Toronto Blues Festival, and I stood outside for like 5 hours to secure my front row place. She was of course flawless. It was perfect. I was so overwhelmed.

Seeing Fleetwood Mac was near religious. AMAZING. The chemistry, energy and history between Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks on stage, performing the songs they wrote in the 70s during their volatile relationship. Mick Fleetwood's crazy mad skillz...it was just...ahhhh.

Dixie Chicks were phenomenal as well.

Aly & AJ was a great experience because I got to meet them afterwards. I was the tallest (and oldest) person there besides parents xD.

I haven't been to any disappointing concerts. I'd see any of the people I've seen again.

People I'd kill to see:

Delta Goodrem
    Guy Sebastian
    Lucie Silvas
    Lene Marlin
    Sia (going in March xD)
    Girls Aloud
    Sugababes
    Sophie Ellis Bextor

A few people who are dead as well >.>

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    I've only been to one concert.
    That was Billy Talent, last February when their newest album was out.

I would see them again.

I would like to see Kanye West, Green Day, Foo Fighters and anyone else really.
    I like pretty much everything.

Getting money for them, and getting em' is the hard part.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I've been to a few

-Linkin Park
    -Evanescence
    -Finch
    -Revis
    -Poison the Well
    -Hatebreed
    -Common
    -Jay Z
    -Mos Def
    -Talib Kweli
    -Nas

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste

People I'd kill to see:

Delta Goodrem
    Guy Sebastian

Whoaaa. So many Australians in one list. It's amazing.

I remember the first time Delta graced Austrlalian screens on Neighbours.

As for Guy, I was voting for him to win the first Australian Idol. He's from my suburb. I've seen him in concert a couple of times.

I've been to a few concerts, no big names though. Stuff like Jet, Eskimo Joe, Youth Group...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads