Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwilliiy
    I didnt enjoy it much.

Honestly, the whole movie was a mess. and after it finished the whole cinema was silent, which was broken by one of my friends when he said

"WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK!!"
    The silence was for effect and it worked well imo.
    But yeah, it did have some downfalls ( too much camerashake sometimes) as any movie does. Still overall, I thought it was a great movie.

Xbox live gamertag: RogueAgent88

Muse is my hysteria

Member #
    Friends
    5930-2204-0713-5850
    I thought it was like a ride. it was fun haha. obviously not a classic but i think its a damn good movie. it was so funny when megatron got unfrozen and the first thing he says is" i am megatron!" shit that was funny

Its not my fault im a fast reader

Who cares about that? i have brawl! FC: 0817-3472-1993. PM me if you add me.

Del fuego he resurgido {Axtlár}'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5200-6176-6963-9732
    Because it's a bad movie that's why.
    the acting could have been better and what's with their ignorance and illogical statements? "I don't know what was that, what's going on?!!!" really I don't think that in that world they live in they haven't seen any movies in relation to something like what's happening there. Now I understand that the guy has the camera with him the whole time and that's why it moves alot bla bla bla, now why does he even has to have that camera? he dropped it a few times and went back just to get it while they could have almost gotten killed by whatever's happening. too much ignorance, too much unnecessary panic and some stuff that happens in the movies, the characters don't take into account, so why not hate it? when it ended some people hesitated to applaud, others said "what?" and I booed at it...if you want to see a real movie go watch The Orphanage.

The end is near....Or is it the beginning?
    it's THE BEGINNING of an endless fall into a precipice of epic Brawling fun.
    Add me to Brawl:
    FC: 317957548849
    User name: AXTLR
    if you added me, send me a pm with your code too, please.

Member #
    Friends
    One thing: we're really into horror movies, so my perspective may be a bit skewed - I'll post my [personal] rating as a fan of the genre and a more generic movie-goer rating too.

Without a doubt given the low cost (~$28M), large audience demographic (the PG13 will make a huge difference) and incredible viral marketing boost (both pre-release and now) - this movie will be highly profitable. (With a purported budget of $150M for the new Trek, JJA might need it to cover his rear )

We both thought it was outstanding. I like the "regular Joe" perspective and thought the actors did a reasonably decent job (from decent to very good). The sets/effects/photography was excellent.

It does a terrific job of immersing you into a realistic version of "The Giant Monster Attacks The City" - the physics of buildings going down (with some chilling 911 visual parallels), the chaos, knowing absolutely nothing about what's going on. Well done.

The video that *is* the movie has some interesting chronological twists - it's an older video, being recorded over with new video, with jumps back and forth. I've been told there's something significant at the end of the movie regarding the old footage (that we both missed).

It's not so much scary as intense - some critic compared it to a roller coaster - great metaphor. It builds up slow, bombards your senses, has a small lull in the middle, and then finishes you off. If you've ever been on a *big* coaster (like Top Thrill @ Cedar Point) it makes you want to scream, laugh and cry all at the same time.

It's more about the experience from Point A to Point B, not so much what *happens* when you get to B. Again, I think the roller coaster metaphor is pretty accurate: It starts and stops from the same place, so you don't really get anywhere, but the +experience+ is worth it. You don't analyze the physics and design engineering afterwards

It doesn't mean there's no plot, or it's bad - it was how it was conceived. A small snapshot of time, centered around some kids who don't know any more or less than the viewer. I really dig on that sometimes vs. the "omniscient viewer" (where the actions of the characters make less sense given what we know).

There are some clever variations on the classic Big Monster theme - no spoilers, but there are more dangers than are apparent from the initial attack!

Fans of the genre score: 8.8-9.0/10

General movie fans: 7.5-8.0/10

Cranky, I don't like Horror/SciFi/Monsters score: 1.5-2.0/10
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    5200-6176-6963-9732
    Yes, at the end, in the supposed sequence recorded before the new recording, the couple was at Coney Island and after a moment in the sea horizon you can see something big (proportionally, but far away) landing into the sea from the sky, so without a doubt; the monster is an alien from outer space. I have to admit that the design for the monster is one of the things I liked about the movie.

Add me to Brawl:

Member #
    Friends
    Cloverfield was in no way a horror movie. I thought it was a lame movie to be honest.

The skyline was beautiful on fire
    All twisted metal stretching upwards
    Everything washed in a thin orange haze

Member #
    Friends
    7952-3036-6014-3919
    Most people I know liked it, one of my friends didn't like it because it didn't "explain the monster." I thought that was really dumb how would those four people be able to figure out what it is.

About the monster being an alien, I think the directer said it was living deep in the ocean.
    Pokemon FC: 2535 0616 1267
    Name: Brady
    Mario Kart: 128933 989446
    Gamertag: Vasichek

A random quote: A hero is no braver than an
    ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes
    longer.

Member #
    Friends
    5200-6176-6963-9732
    He came from outer space according to the final sequence.. and I think those four dumb people could at least have guessed, it's not like there's no sci-fi movies and television in which they could have an idea of it in that fictional New York depicted there.

Add me to Brawl:

Ads