LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I cant really say my favorite band /I like so many.
    Last edited by SiKe; 02-23-2008 at 07:33 AM.

Message me if you want me to make you a sig!
    What is it about those Dongle Goblins?
    Ding!

2. Ads

Uber Kenny Vs Spenny fan Pelgor's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Alexisonfire is great plus they're Canaidian. FTW

Member #
    Friends
    and Parkway Drive.

BTW Beatles suck

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    why d u think so? i mean, youve gotta remember, it was the sixties. everything was alot different then.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Rocketman291
    Let me know if you wanna play Call of Duty: World at War or Halo 3.

Wii60

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelgor
    BTW Beatles suck
    Like SkullKid said it was the 60's. There weren't any screamo/emo bands back then. Not to mention the music style was just in a slow shift, with Bob Dylan's folk wave in New York. The Beatles came out with a new style music practically which launched the whole hippie era, enforcing many bands to go main stream like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, Ramones etc. And in most cases those bands enforced a even bigger transition in music, giving you 80's bands like Van Halen, and the rest. Next came the grunge era, and in which (Said by Nirvana's front man Kurt Cobain) was influenced by the late 60's to mid 70's and 80's hard rock. And then you can just see what grunge did, splitting off into the more slower grungier style, and the more up beat emoish/sreamoish stuff. The Beatles didn't suck, if they did how'd they become the most famous band to walk America? Not to mention in a way they enforced your precious Alexisonfire to come about. You gotta' know the history before you start saying time changing bands like The Beatles suck. Not to mention their album Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band got voted best album of all time by Rolling Stone not to mention won Grammies for Album of The Year, Best Album Cover/Graphic, Best Engineered Recording (Non Classical), Contemporary Album. Got inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, and got an award for the Most Definitive Rock and Roll Album. While lately I only saw Crisis get nominated for a Canadian Juno.
    Last edited by Floydd; 02-24-2008 at 10:32 AM.
    Come Together.

Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    Quote Originally Posted by Floydd
    Like SkullKid said it was the 60's. There weren't any screamo/emo bands back then. Not to mention the music style was just in a slow shift, with Bob Dylan's folk wave in New York. The Beatles came out with a new style music practically which launched the whole hippie era, enforcing many bands to go main stream like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, Ramones etc. And in most cases those bands enforced a even bigger transition in music, giving you 80's bands like Van Halen, and the rest. Next came the grunge era, and in which (Said by Nirvana's front man Kurt Cobain) was influenced by the late 60's to mid 70's and 80's hard rock. And then you can just see what grunge did, splitting off into the more slower grungier style, and the more up beat emoish/sreamoish stuff. The Beatles didn't suck, if they did how'd they become the most famous band to walk America? Not to mention in a way they enforced your precious Alexisonfire to come about. You gotta' know the history before you start saying time changing bands like The Beatles suck. Not to mention their album Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band got voted best album of all time by Rolling Stone, while lately I only saw Crisis get nominated for a Canadian Juno.

epic pwnage

as for what i think the best band of all time, ide say the police , i just cant get enough of theii songs, they are so catchy. listen to message in a bottle and youll see what im talking about

PSN ID: zapasant93

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    Quote Originally Posted by Floydd
    Like SkullKid said it was the 60's. There weren't any screamo/emo bands back then. Not to mention the music style was just in a slow shift, with Bob Dylan's folk wave in New York. The Beatles came out with a new style music practically which launched the whole hippie era, enforcing many bands to go main stream like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, Ramones etc. And in most cases those bands enforced a even bigger transition in music, giving you 80's bands like Van Halen, and the rest. Next came the grunge era, and in which (Said by Nirvana's front man Kurt Cobain) was influenced by the late 60's to mid 70's and 80's hard rock. And then you can just see what grunge did, splitting off into the more slower grungier style, and the more up beat emoish/sreamoish stuff. The Beatles didn't suck, if they did how'd they become the most famous band to walk America? Not to mention in a way they enforced your precious Alexisonfire to come about. You gotta' know the history before you start saying time changing bands like The Beatles suck. Not to mention their album Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band got voted best album of all time by Rolling Stone not to mention won Grammies for Album of The Year, Best Album Cover/Graphic, Best Engineered Recording (Non Classical), Contemporary Album. Got inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, and got an award for the Most Definitive Rock and Roll Album. While lately I only saw Crisis get nominated for a Canadian Juno.
    nice post. i applaud, however, u cant change his opinion. there will always be difference. i love the doors and i still think beatles are overrated.

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Official Metroid Breeder Zarogan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5460-1571-7458-7185
    I'd say Pink Floyd

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by zapasant93
    epic pwnage

as for what i think the best band of all time, ide say the police , i just cant get enough of theii songs, they are so catchy. listen to message in a bottle and youll see what im talking about
    To each his own, good sir.

Meta-Knight's # 1 Fan SSBBFan101's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8246-2463-9009-5471
    Guns 'N' Roses were very infuencial with Sweet Child O' Mine and November Rain. The Solo at the end of November Rain is so face melting!
    I also think You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As Your Told) by The White Stripes is very influencial, and that song just speaks to me, it really does. If anyone has seen the music video for that, I think its romantic even though Jack and Meg are divorced.
    I'll post more later...

Thanks idjut for the sig.
    -=Join The Waluigi Fan Club (WFC)=-

Ads