LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    how could you possibly say he quit?...are you retarded?
    ThE QuI3t ThInGs ThAt No0nE eV3R Kn0wS

And Ill Scream With A Thousand Voices...
    I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Xbox 360 Online Gamertag - Number1Newb

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    7072-6720-4419-1341
    Yeah I'd choose my words more wisely if I were you. Brett Favre could have left a long time ago. Your body can only take so much & he defied the odds, showing that age doesn't matter. He had nothing more to prove, he didn't just leave his team out in the cold or anything (no pun intended since it gets extremely cold at Lambeau). He helped his team win the Superbowl in 96 & he lead them to 10 playoff appearances along with every major QB record & 3 MVP titles. He's played through countless injuries & bad health conditions, he played in the game the day after hearing his father died (& turned in a performance that wasn't human). Not to mention 253 consecutive starts, but he quit though right??

Thanks to PH3AR on the Sheva sig!!!

Member #
    Friends
    All my wishes to him and is family, but he won't even read this, so I guess it doesn't even matter. He's going to get in the Hall of Fame, a shame he only won one super bowl when Mr. Preppy (Tom Brady) won four.
    MoHH2 Account name: CocoSnipe

Games: Super Mario Galaxy, LoZ: Twilight Princess, Warioware, Mario Strikers Charged, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Wii Sports, Madden 08

Getting: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Rock Band (PS2)

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthPaw26
    Yeah I'd choose my words more wisely if I were you. Brett Favre could have left a long time ago. Your body can only take so much & he defied the odds, showing that age doesn't matter. He had nothing more to prove, he didn't just leave his team out in the cold or anything (no pun intended since it gets extremely cold at Lambeau). He helped his team win the Superbowl in 96 & he lead them to 10 playoff appearances along with every major QB record & 3 MVP titles. He's played through countless injuries & bad health conditions, he played in the game the day after hearing his father died (& turned in a performance that wasn't human). Not to mention 253 consecutive starts, but he quit though right??
    Exactly...there is absolutley no way you can say he "quit"...just a typical response from a typical NY sports fan. god i hate them.

I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparx
    No its a shame a guy has to quit like that.
    Wow, you really have no idea of what you're talking about. Professional football players work harder than you would ever know and 17 seasons of preparation and conditioning takes its toll, sure he was playing extremely well, but he's tired, and wants time to relax. There is no justification for you saying he "quit" no he retired, though as I stated in the NFL thread, (where this should have been discussed) I don't believe he's done, and neither do a lot of analysts.

Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    very sad news really

he's the greatest quater back of my generation

he'll be trully missed

PSN ID: zapasant93

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by blueovalboy7
    Wow, you really have no idea of what you're talking about. Professional football players work harder than you would ever know and 17 seasons of preparation and conditioning takes its toll, sure he was playing extremely well, but he's tired, and wants time to relax. There is no justification for you saying he "quit" no he retired, though as I stated in the NFL thread, (where this should have been discussed) I don't believe he's done, and neither do a lot of analysts.
    id really like to agree with you that he'll be back. but i just dont think thats gonna happen. i watched his little goodbye speech thing...you can watch it on NFL.com if you want...idk. he isnt mentally into the game anymore. he doesnt wanna play.

I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparx
    No its a shame a guy has to quit like that.
    You try lasting 4 games in the NFL.
    MoHH2 Account name: CocoSnipe

Games: Super Mario Galaxy, LoZ: Twilight Princess, Warioware, Mario Strikers Charged, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Wii Sports, Madden 08

Getting: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Rock Band (PS2)

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by JCpackers05
    id really like to agree with you that he'll be back. but i just dont think thats gonna happen. i watched his little goodbye speech thing...you can watch it on NFL.com if you want...idk. he isnt mentally into the game anymore. he doesnt wanna play.
    I watched it, and I saw the complete opposite of what you're saying. Sure he said that, but I think he was trying to convince himself of that. Anyone that emotional about leaving the game they love, still wants to play. I don't think this is over and done with by a long shot.

Ads