+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST Season 5

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    I don't see why Sayid won't go with him. After all, he's working for him. Although he's ashamed of his work, I couldn't see Sayid getting out of working with Ben so easily.

I think Hurley will be suckered into going eventually, but he will probably take awhile since he already handed himself over to the police. I think he'll eventually join when the pressure of being a criminal weighs down on him, or some other unexpected scenario happens that gets him to go (Another one of his "Visions" convincing him, perhaps).

Sun has it set in her mind that Jin is dead. She probably does not believe there is a Jin to go back to. However, if Ben knows more than we think, as he always does, he'll probably say that he could be alive due to the Island moving in time and space, thus convincing her to go.

And Finally, I agree, Kate will probably go with them eventually because she is on the run.
    Sounds pretty accurate to me...

But I'm still wondering: Who are Adam and Eve??? It's been bugging me a lot.

Bio
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing View Post
    We were debating whether the Oceanic 6 would make it back to the island by the end of the premier or not.

At least it looks like they'll [probably] get there pretty quickly, due to the [apparent] 70 hour time frame Ben has, although for some reason I see that being broken, especially with Hurley messing things up.
    I find this very likely.

The funny thing about LOST is that any arrangement that appears quick to being realized actually gets stretched out multiple times due to some unforseen circumstance. Getting off the island was teased at us to happen at least 3 times before it actually happened, there were 2 or 3 instances where we were certain the Hatch would go crazy from the lack of code input before it finally did, The Island (or fate, however you want to look at it) didn't let Michael die until the 3rd or 4th time, etc.

There never seems to be a straightforward way for anything to happen, yet we are presented to a particular situation as if it surely will. So I'm expecting this arrangement to last for quite awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by GigaRidley View Post
    Sounds pretty accurate to me...

But I'm still wondering: Who are Adam and Eve??? It's been bugging me a lot.
    Adam and Eve are simply the oldest discovered inhabitants on The Island by the Plane survivors (the two corpses were nicknamed by Locke). However, it could actually be very likely that there was civilization before these two (recall the four-toed statue Sayid found in S1).
    Last edited by Bio; 01-25-2009 at 08:35 PM.
    Brawl Code: 3566 3531 3273

Official Recordkeeper of the 1v1 League
    Want to compete in Smash Bros. on WiiChat? Join the League now! =)
    (I am NOT accepting Friend codes.)

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Adam and Eve are simply the oldest discovered inhabitants on The Island by the Plane survivors (the two corpses were nicknamed by Locke). However, it could actually be very likely that there was civilization before these two (recall the four-toed statue Sayid found in S1).
    No, I know that... but the producers have said they're very important to the mythology of the show.
    Hmmm...
    Perhaps they're two of the survivors who die in the past while they're traveling through time?

Member #
    Friends
    I don't see why Sayid won't go with him. After all, he's working for him. Although he's ashamed of his work, I couldn't see Sayid getting out of working with Ben so easily.
    When Sayid was talking to Hurley, he warned him not to trust Ben and do the opposite of what he says (which is why he turned himself into the police instead of going with him). It appears there was some sort of falling out between Sayid and Ben that we have not seen yet.

Bio
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    When Sayid was talking to Hurley, he warned him not to trust Ben and do the opposite of what he says (which is why he turned himself into the police instead of going with him). It appears there was some sort of falling out between Sayid and Ben that we have not seen yet.
    That's possible. Right now, though, I'm finding it more likely that Sayid is simply ashamed of working with Ben, which would inspire Sayid to tell Hurley such a thing. After all, Sayid considered even Hurley an enemy (which was why he was watching him), which would highlight how paranoid Sayid has gotten after becoming Ben's hitman.
    Last edited by Bio; 01-26-2009 at 10:55 AM.

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I wouldn't say he's ashamed. He's working for Ben by choice, after all. He isn't certain that Ben is telling the truth about who killed Nadia, but he doesn't see any downside to killing people that Ben asks him to.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    I wouldn't say he's ashamed. He's working for Ben by choice, after all. He isn't certain that Ben is telling the truth about who killed Nadia, but he doesn't see any downside to killing people that Ben asks him to.
    True, but I believe he feels some measure of guilt for what he's doing, or else he wouldn't tell Hurley not to listen to Ben.

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I think a lot of the Oceanic 6 think that Hurley is below them. From the very beginning, Hurley has never really been accepted as one of the big, important guys (the Others send him back when he's captured; Charlie won't let him go on the boat with him; Sawyer won't let him go back to ambush the Others with them, etc.) They all have habitually looked out for Hurley, told him that he can't go on missions with them, etc. Whether it's because of his weight or perhaps because they think he's crazy, Hurley is just the guy that is a good friend, not the guy that you trust in serious situations. This, I think, plays a large role in Sayid giving Hurley those overly-simplistic instructions—because Sayid didn't think Hurley could handle the situation on his own.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    It bothers me that the producers drop those hints. Just let us watch the show.

At any rate, I think its relatively obvious why Jack, Kate, Aaron, and Sayid would go back. In Sayid's case, I think he will return because he needs Ben. He needs Ben as motivation. Motivating him to act the way hes acting, and he understands what he has done will come back to haunt him if he remains there without Ben. I think hes becoming nervous an paranoid because he realizes what Ben can do to him, and everyone else.

I am wondering one thing however...why is the keeping of John Locke's body safe so important?

I Used To Be a King

Bio
    Member #
    Friends
    Well, we're talking about a man who has lived with shame his entire life and took it quite seriously throughout his stay on the Island. Shame that stems largely from killing people. He is also a very vengeful character, as we've seen throughout the show. Many times when there's a potential criminal in some Island shenanigan, Sayid was usually the first to jump on the first known suspect without really knowing enough. As such, that probably had a lot to do with his decision to work for Ben. When I saw that scene it seemed no more of a rational decision than it was a vengeful impulse. I feel we are meant to see Sayid taking steps backward from the lessons he learned on the Island (which may motivate him to go back).

I feel as though his decision to join Ben and the line he gave to Hurley in this recent episode are meant to highlight these major parts of his character; someone who can easily operate around killing people, but isn't necessarily proud of it (torturing or otherwise).

Quote Originally Posted by GigaRidley View Post
    No, I know that... but the producers have said they're very important to the mythology of the show.
    Hmmm...
    Perhaps they're two of the survivors who die in the past while they're traveling through time?
    If they're that important, the creators have yet to reveal it within the show, as there has been nothing more explained of Adam and Eve since Season 1, so you know as much as anyone else does.

Nice theory, by the way.
    Last edited by Bio; 01-26-2009 at 01:21 PM.

Ads