LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7696-4877-2400-3016
    When I was on neopets one day I decided to change my lookup. So obviously I was browsing sites which could help me and I came across a background track for my lookup, it was Ayumi Hamasaki - Evolution. I listened to this song once and then couldn't stop listening to it.. That's where my Jpop interest first imerged!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodine View Post
    Well, living in Alabama I listened to country music when I was little, then I grew to hate it and moved on to rock, which made my dad angry for some reason. Now I listen to all sorts of music. Me being a fan of the older things, one of my favorit artists is Frank Sinatra. But I'll blare some Metallica on my way to work. I listen to some classical work from time to time. Also love the Jazz. A fan of rap, espscially old-school. 80's metal seems to be one of my most prefered. Also love stuff like Slipknot and Disturbed.

But I still hate country music.
    And Lynyrd Skynyrd.
    Espscially Sweet Home Alabama.
    i live in Alabama too! its impossible to escape country music here!
    favorite bands

1. Children of Bodom

2. Bullet For My Valentine

3. Metallica

4. Mastodon

5. Trivium

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Well I grew up on Hip-Hop and R&B, but when I was about 10 years old I began listening to Rock. I started off with soft rock/alternative rock like Linkin Park (first rock group I enjoyed), Nickelback, and Simple Plan. Gradually I progressed to harder forms of rock, listening to groups such as Killswitch Engage, Disturbed, and Breaking Benjamin.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    In the order I started liking.

Metal/Rock: A guy I met on holiday had 'Harvester of Sorrow' by Metallica playing, then when I got home I checked them out.

Hip-hop/Rap: Through listening to metal, I heard 'Bring the Noise' by Public Enemy feat. Anthrax. I then got into the original version of this song and started to like A lot of NWA, Run DMC, Notorious BIG etc. (But not 50 cent and stuff like that pish.)

Techno/Dance/Drum & Bass etc: When I turned about 16 I started going to clubs and so started to like this kind of music. Still dont listen to it alot though but I do not hate it anymore.

So yeah. I like all music (Except 50 cent)

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    I don't remember a time where I didn't worship Ayumi, but that was called the 90's. I absolutely adored the 90's in Britain because of this magical genre called Britpop. I was pretty much just raised on the Manics, Oasis and Blur. There were a couple of American influences like REM and No Doubt, but I stuck to Britpop for a whiiiile. I still utterly prefer it over JPop. It's mostly just because that's what my mum listened to and it stuck with me.

I think Ayumi was just a random click. ANDITWASTHEBESTMOVEEVER. The only other JPop artists that I listen to are KAT-TUN and YUI. I can't say I like the genre that much. I definitely prefer it to JRock, that genre is just frighteningly camp. I tried to listen to a couple of JRock songs, and I've searched for other JPop artists, but I guess I'm just severely attached to Ayumi. I need to go see her.

Right, the technotechnotechno is just due to being European and you have to like techo to be European.
    And I dunno how rock happened.

used to listen to rap because it was popular but my friend Tyler Connoy got me into Avenged Sevenfold and now i listen to just about every metal genre there is
    ...Hahahahah.
    Last edited by Frogger; 03-23-2009 at 12:19 PM.
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger View Post
    I don't remember a time where I didn't worship Ayumi, but that was called the 90's. I absolutely adored the 90's in Britain because of this magical genre called Britpop. I was pretty much just raised on the Manics, Oasis and Blur. There were a couple of American influences like REM and No Doubt, but I stuck to Britpop for a whiiiile. I still utterly prefer it over JPop. It's mostly just because that's what my mum listened to and it stuck with me.

I think Ayumi was just a random click. ANDITWASTHEBESTMOVEEVER. The only other JPop artists that I listen to are KAT-TUN and YUI. I can't say I like the genre that much. I definitely prefer it to JRock, that genre is just frighteningly camp. I tried to listen to a couple of JRock songs, and I've searched for other JPop artists, but I guess I'm just severely attached to Ayumi. I need to go see her.

Right, the technotechnotechno is just due to being European and you have to like techo to be European.
    And I dunno how rock happened.

...Hahahahah.
    *sigh* i know
    favorite bands

1. Children of Bodom

2. Bullet For My Valentine

3. Metallica

4. Mastodon

5. Trivium

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    Death Metal/Industrial Metal
    Just, always liked it I guess.
    Grunge in my childhood years.
    I'm also into trance and trip-hop. Armin Van Buuren/Lemongrass(Gman!)
    I live by Occam's Razor. Cliffnotes please.
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.
    Gamertag:Fox Feld
    Wii:Fox
    PSNID:Fox121488
    Pokemon gen4: I can swap my SECs to play but... chances are I already imported my pokes to gen 5 and honestly the loss of items is infuriating.
    White 2 FC: 3526 3286 9253

I don't play your games.
    I play mine.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by Groves View Post
    When I was on neopets one day I decided to change my lookup. So obviously I was browsing sites which could help me and I came across a background track for my lookup, it was Ayumi Hamasaki - Evolution. I listened to this song once and then couldn't stop listening to it.. That's where my Jpop interest first imerged!
    I dunno why it always seems to start with evolution.

Member #
    Friends
    I used to be into rap/ hip hop. I got into that by watching MTV when I was around 11 years old, and I liked that music up until I got to my sophomore year in high school. That's when I got into a weight lifting class, and the only music that we listened to in there was metal. At around the same time, I was already getting bored with the common themes of rap/hip-hop(you know, sex, money, violence, yada yada). Then I heard music from metallica, disturbed, linkin park, and others( though I didn't know the names of many bands besides linking park back then), and I found I really enjoyed that music more. It was so much deeper than rap.... So I sought more music like it and I stuck with it till this day. I also listen to some classical music(mostly piano pieces) because I've liked piano music for as long as I can remember. I was into J-pop for a short while(when I started watching bleach) but I got bored of it. Dang, I wrote a lot.... I always do haha.

Brawl Fc: 5198 3675 0426

Call of Duty MWR: 0877-4329-7451

PM Me If You Add Me. Thnx.

Member #
    Friends
    7696-4877-2400-3016
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny View Post
    I dunno why it always seems to start with evolution.
    It's a pretty damn awsome song.

I'd say it's one of Ayumi's best, nothing beats Still Alone. ;D

Ads