Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000

We Watch the Watchmen

I thought I'd find some sort of thread about watchmen on these forums...but I didn't, so I guess I'll start it.

So I guess everyone just go ahead and say all you want about Watchmen, comic or movie. Favorite characters and why, favorite moments/quotes/images, what you thought of the ending, etc.
    It'd also be cool to know what people who've read the comic expect from the movie. Will it be great? Will it be as bad as Alan Moore may expect it to be?

Also, I'm sure a lot of people are waiting for the movie without having read the comic, so if you want to comment on the more sensitive material make sure to put it in spoiler tags.

Member #
    Friends
    Haven't read the comic and won't until I see the movie. I live in the US so still haven't been able to see it. I will though. Can't wait!

King of Pop
    Michael J. Jackson
    1959-2009
    Rest in peace, dear king.

Member #
    Friends
    I think that Alan Moore expects it to be crap. That's why he never puts his name to any movies based on his work and he has said he won't ever watch The Watchmen movie.

Spoilers may actually help people who haven't read the comics as a lot of critics have said that the movie is very confusing, I won't give any yet though. Personally I really don't know what to expect from the movie but I'm very interested in seeing it.

Most people that I know like Rorschach or Doctor Manhattan the best but my favorite is The Comedian, he's such a badass!
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    David Hayter as screenwriter = epic

Bio
    Member #
    Friends
    Okay, so it's out. Who saw it?!!!

I seriously want to know because I really want to see the movie, but also want an idea of how good it is when walking into it.
    Brawl Code: 3566 3531 3273

Official Recordkeeper of the 1v1 League
    Want to compete in Smash Bros. on WiiChat? Join the League now! =)
    (I am NOT accepting Friend codes.)

Member #
    Friends
    7584-1766-4453-7887
    I went to see it Thursday night (opening) without reading the comic.
    I enjoyed it.
    Quite a bit of gore so if you are squeamish be wary.
    Like I said, I haven't read the comic yet, but I plan on it very soon.
    It wasn't too hard to follow, from what my friends said of it, it missed a lot of the backstory and whatnot (like the pirate part...?)

Definitely going to see it again after I read the comic. I give it a 9/10

Member #
    Friends
    I read the comic not long ago, so I now I'm probably not going to like it as much.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I'm with napalm...going to watch it tonight, but from what I hear there's a lot in the movie that has nothing to do with the comic.

I also must say I do not approve of the guy playing Adrian Veidt. It's amazing that the same people who chose a great actor for Rorschach also chose such a bad actor for Veidt.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    If you want to really enjoy the movie, read the comic afterwards if you havent read it already. If you've read it before hand youre not going to like it as much

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by anax4aero View Post
    I'm with napalm...going to watch it tonight, but from what I hear there's a lot in the movie that has nothing to do with the comic.

I also must say I do not approve of the guy playing Adrian Veidt. It's amazing that the same people who chose a great actor for Rorschach also chose such a bad actor for Veidt.
    I just finished watching, and actually it turned out to be a pretty good adaption of the comic. Okay, the film could do with being more subtle and less bloodthirsty (that's Zack Snyder for you), the Matrix-style fights are somewhat lacklustre, and I completely agree that the guy they chose to play Ozymandias is totally wrong for the part- he's supposed to be a Herculean examplar, not some college student. And the woman playing Sally Jupiter does not make a convincing old lady (couldn't they have hired someone else to play her older self?). On the other hand, they made great choices for Rorschach and the Comedian, who I've got to say, are the best characters in the story.

Note: Spoilers for film and comic:
    Spoiler Alert!

The story ultimately works better as a comic than as a film, but it's still a nice adaption and turned out better than I thought it would. I give it a 7/10.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Ads