LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalsma View Post
    What!? He's awsome and he has many great songs like "What you gonna do" "Snap your fingers" "Shake that monkey".

I don't know who you listen to but Lil Jon is a great singer.
    Lil Jon and Soulja Boy are by no means rappers. Sure they make "catchy tunes" if you want to think that, since music is all based on opinion, but in the end they create hip-pop songs, not rap. You can often distinguish between rap and hip-pop based on lyricism.

Member #
    Friends
    7072-6720-4419-1341
    Lil' Jon is a producer & a hype man before he's a rapper.

Soulja Boy is just another bubblegum (w)rapper if you even wanna go as far as to call him a rapper in the first place.

Thanks to PH3AR on the Sheva sig!!!

Member #
    Friends
    4217-7433-9490-6011
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthPaw26 View Post
    Lil' Jon is a producer & a hype man before he's a rapper.

Soulja Boy is just another bubblegum (w)rapper if you even wanna go as far as to call him a rapper in the first place.
    Ok. Souljaboy is not a rapper and he has a couple of good songs. I can't stand Crank That Souljaboy no more. That song is extremely annoying with that dance of his. But Lil Jon does write good songs and he's the creator of the Eastside Boys. His songs are good even when he gets with not well known artists that make 1 good song and you don't hear about their names much often.

Member #
    Friends
    6648-2149-2188-9549
    Ha! Ha! Ha! Me Canadian. I'm Mexican but I live in the U.S. Envek you speak Spanish?
    yeah my parents are mexican,became ctizens a long while ago, i am hispanic for being born here.
    CoD:WaW is dead to me.
    Getting cod MW reflex soon.
    Brawl, occasionally.

Member #
    Friends
    4217-7433-9490-6011
    Quote Originally Posted by Envek View Post
    yeah my parents are mexican,became ctizens a long while ago, i am hispanic for being born here.
    I think that I may know why you thought that I was Canadian. It's probably because in my location it says Oakland,CA and you probably thought that CA meant Canada were it really means California.

Member #
    Friends
    7072-6720-4419-1341
    Ok. Souljaboy is not a rapper and he has a couple of good songs. I can't stand Crank That Souljaboy no more. That song is extremely annoying with that dance of his. But Lil Jon does write good songs and he's the creator of the Eastside Boys. His songs are good even when he gets with not well known artists that make 1 good song and you don't hear about their names much often.

That doesn't take me away from how I feel about Lil' Jon the producer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lil' Jon the rapper/songwriter.

Eastside Boyz don't even make noise anymore & the only reason the artists that aren't well known that he works with have good songs are because his beats make the song. However, the quality lyrically by the artists are for the most part, non-existent...

Member #
    Friends
    4217-7433-9490-6011
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthPaw26 View Post

That doesn't take me away from how I feel about Lil' Jon the producer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lil' Jon the rapper/songwriter.

Eastside Boyz don't even make noise anymore & the only reason the artists that aren't well known that he works with have good songs are because his beats make the song. However, the quality lyrically by the artists are for the most part, non-existent...
    I don't care if you don't like Lil Jon he is still one of my favorite artists.

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Western Canadians LOVE Rap. I'm actually the odd man out there with my lack of Rap and R&B knowledge. Then again BC is like Canada's California. Flippin' weird in the cities!

Weed is also plenty prevalent here, haha!

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4217-7433-9490-6011
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsteroids View Post
    Western Canadians LOVE Rap. I'm actually the odd man out there with my lack of Rap and R&B knowledge. Then again BC is like Canada's California. Flippin' weird in the cities!

Weed is also plenty prevalent here, haha!
    I have heard that the west part of Canada is pretty much like the US and that the east part of Canada is French. I didn't know that people listened to hip hop and R&B in Canada.

Member #
    Friends
    7072-6720-4419-1341
    I don't care if you don't like Lil Jon he is still one of my favorite artists.
    Now you're just being ignorant. Where in my statement did I say "I don't like Lil' Jon"??

I'm not telling you that he can't be your favorite. All I'm saying is that in my opinion, he's not a songwriter.
    NaS is a songwriter.
    Mos Def is a songwriter.
    Kanye West is a songwriter.
    All 3 are consistent in lyrical content. That's what I'm trying to say & you're not hearing me.

You're making it pretty apparent that your response either means you don't respect my opinions or that you didn't even bother to read it because I brought up a valid point...
    Last edited by SouthPaw26; 04-15-2009 at 05:03 PM.

Ads