Aerial arcade sim Combat Wings: The Great Battles of WWII is scheduled to be landing on the Wii in September 2012. Featuring realistic aircraft and an unprecedented multiplayer experience, Combat Wings: The Great Battles of WWII introduces cutting-edge multiplayer features, allowing players to challenge each other in different multiplayer modes, including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Racing, Team Racing, Bomb-Target Hunting, Mission Survival and Fleet Escorting. Here’s a list of some of the game’s key features, courtesy of City Interactive:
The compelling story arc is lifted from the pages of history, pitting pilots against massive odds in some of the most iconic battles of the age. Each of the four campaigns (Battle of Britain, North Africa, The Eastern Front, The Pacific) introduces multiple characters, both on your side and on the enemy’s side, creating the ties that help you fight for your comrades and giving you extra incentive to hunt down your foes.
- Pick-up-and-playability. Explosive arcade action alongside advanced physics and painstaking recreation of actual events and aircraft creates an experience that’s easily accessible but hard to master;
- All aircraft are based on authentic models and all combat missions are representative of actual WWII engagements;
- Accessible behind-the-aircraft view means the game is not a sterile simulation, but an advanced air combat arcade shooter;
- Fun, dynamic battles offer a wide variety of action and most importantly targets to destroy – any given battle will combine dogfighting, escort missions and ground assault;
- Multiplayer aerial deathmatch provides players the chance to test their mettle against human opponents;
- Single-player game modes include Free Flight where players can choose a plane and roam over faithfully created environments, and Dogfight where players can pit their wits against up to nine AI-controlled opponents.
Source: City Interactive