Heard of Trine 2 here 'n there, but I never bothered lookin' into it... Looks like a pretty damn fun side-scroller. Think I just might get this Director's Cut.
One of the many games announced for the Wii U at yesterday’s E3 launch was Trine 2: Director’s Cut, the acclaimed fantasy adventure game from Frozenbyte. The Wii U Director’s Cut version features the critically acclaimed original game with numerous enhancements and gameplay polish, as well as a new game mode, Magic Mayhem, which is exclusive to Wii U. The forthcoming new expansion campaign is also due to launch on Wii U.
Here are a whole bunch of facts and features about both games, courtesy of Frozenbyte:“We are thrilled to work on Wii U and bring the best version of Trine 2 to the platform,” said Lauri Hyvärinen, CEO of Frozenbyte, and continued: “Trine 2: Director's Cut features many things that we had to cut from the original release on other platforms and a completely new user experience tailored especially for Wii U. We are also going to introduce the new “Magic Mayhem” party mode that brings the frantic multiplayer of Trine 2 into a more challenging environment where players can battle and laugh together.”
“Simultaneously we are working on the upcoming expansion for Trine 2, which will come out on Wii U at the same time. It will provide a fantastically exhilarating adventure following the heroic trio of Amadeus, Pontius and Zoya – or as otherwise known, the Wizard, the Knight and the Thief. The expansion is our best work yet and absolutely stunning in every respect, and is going to be a fantastic experience on Wii U.”
Source:• Director's Cut is "the developers' vision of Trine 2" fully formed
• Physics-based puzzles with fire, water, gravity and magic
• Accessible for both casual and hardcore gamers thanks to the new control system designed for Wii U, taking full advantage of the touch screen for intuitive character controls
• More than 100 improvements to the original game, including polished gameplay features, level geometry adjusts, new vocals and character interactions, and user experience improvements
• Online and local co-op with up to three players, with special multiplayer features for Wii U GamePad™ and support for up to three Wii Remotes™.
• Superb graphics and next-gen visuals using impressive technical effects, making Wii U the definite console version
• Upgrade your characters to suit your play style and to learn amazing new skills
• Save anywhere to play as long or short sessions as you like and use the Unlimited Character Mode and Game+ for replay value
• Hidden collectibles for extra adventuring
• Amazing 19-track fantasy soundtrack
• Full language support for English, French, German and Spanish, and optional subtitling for more than 10 languages
• Campaign support for the new skills from the upcoming expansion
• Director’s Cut includes the exclusive Magic Mayhem “party mode” for up to 4 players in online and offline multiplayer
Trine 2 expansion campaign (included in the Director's Cut)
• Add-on content for Trine 2
• A new adventure featuring the Heroes struggling against new goblin villainy
• New skills for each character with new possibilities for puzzle solving
• 5 new levels chock-full of new puzzles, hazards, enemies and contraptions
• Completely new environments ranging from burning desert to snowy mountains to the insides of a giant sand whale
Look for the game to be released for Wii U this holiday season.