Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Assassinís Creed IV: Black Flag Announced

Fantastic news today for Wii U owners and Assassinís Creed fans, with Ubisoft announcing details of Assassinís Creed IV: Black Flag, for all main consoles, including the Wii U. The game has been in development for two years, with the veteran Assassinís Creed team at Ubisoft Montreal at the helm, as well as Ubisoft studios in Annecy, Bucharest, Kiev, Quebec, Singapore and Sofia.

ďWith the new hero and new setting we are creating the boldest and most unique Assassinís Creed game yet, while still respecting the pillars of the franchise that have made it such a fan favorite,Ē said Yves Guillemot, chief executive officer at Ubisoft. ďAssassinís Creed IV Black Flag is based on a true, harsh and exciting part of a legendary era and will thrill longtime fans and newcomers alike.Ē
    Assassinís Creed IV Black Flag tells the story of Edward Kenway, a British man who becomes a pirate, just as the war between the major Empires is ending. Edward is a fierce pirate and an expert fighter with lots of experience, whoís curiosity and sense of derring-do soon leads him to become entangled in the war between the Assassinís and the Templars. The storyline takes place at the beginning of the 18th Century, and features some of the most infamous pirates in history, such as Blackbeard and Charles Vane. Ubisoft says that gameplay will be based around the seriesí proven model, with a vast open world, and more than 50 navigable locations. The acclaimed multiplayer experience is also back and bigger than ever. Sounds, and looks, amazing!

Source: Ubisoft
    Last edited by DBloke; 03-04-2013 at 02:08 PM.

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    splash heres a trailer

Fifty locations? So long as it's not quantity over quality, that lil' fact certainly has my attention. One'a the problems I had with AC:III was that the large and quite lovely areas in the game would occasionally feel rather empty or desolate. So long as it isn't the case of prioritizing quantity, this could make for some fine improvements over AC:III.

Quote Originally Posted by Maura View Post
    The game has been in development for two years, with the veteran Assassinís Creed team at Ubisoft Montreal at the helm, as well as Ubisoft studios in Annecy, Bucharest, Kiev, Quebec, Singapore and Sofia.
    ... Which is to say, AC:III didn't have dedicated attention from Ubisoft's A-team during it's entire development period? This does not amuse me.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Second
    It feels like Ubisoft just threw together AC:III

This one better be worth the money I will be paying for it

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    This brings up the question of which AC came first between 3 n 4. And yeah. I really liked Revelations. It had so many colors, and felt so new, and the story had some sort of decent closure. Then III happened. It's the worst one storywise and the PC controls were completely butchered. Plus the gameplay felt horrible.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: Oblivion, Smash 3DS, Parry Souls 2.
    Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    I felt 3's gameplay was superior t' every past AC game... 'cept the glitches. Perhaps y'all of the master race just got screwed with the bad controls, as ya said.

Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    I really liked Revelations. It had so many colors, and felt so new, and the story had some sort of decent closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    Second
    It feels like Ubisoft just threw together AC:III

This one better be worth the money I will be paying for it
    III would be worth the money if it weren't programmed worse than Chinese knock-off games. All it's flaws aside, the good content in the game is still quite a few hours'a playin'. That, and the multiplayer is damn-well amazing.

Which is t' say, it'l be hard to **** up worse than where III did. My expectations of IV ain't hard t' meet, so Ubisoft best not **** up.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Both Ezio and Altair had their arcs closed as good as they could make 'em. If ya mean Desmond.... well, there is no Desmond in Revelations. Just some bearded euro raver who shows up never.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Altair had the benefit'a not havin' the ones who came before not meddlin' in his mortal affairs... and y'all should know by now what my opinion is on the first civilization: they ruin anythin' good in AC's plot. Ezio had three console games, so he had plenty'a time to get a proper finish t' his saga... Connor's story isn't done yet anyways. It's left completely open-ended incase he does return in another game (he ****in' better ._.).

As always, I'm essentially ignoring Desmond's story as relevant t' the topic of AC's plot since no one (should) care... But speakin' of, 'Karp forbid I've actually been ponderin' 'bout Desmond's story in III. Early on in the game,
    Spoiler Alert!

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    You're trying too hard to believe something good can come of the lore. You will be up countless nights if you keep it up. Actually, you already are, so you should probably stop.

Mass Effect did that civilization thing pretty well. In those games, I wanted to know more about them. Or just about any good sci-fi RPG.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    You're trying too hard to believe something good can come of the lore.
    Good? Did ya miss the part where I said I hate how Ubisoft has integrated the first civ in? On multiple occasions

I'm speculatin' just 'cause I can. Make no mistake, I'm interested in said speculation simply 'cause I'm a fan of the series, not because of the story itself. Though perhaps both would be true if they could be arsed t' put more effort into said stories like with the books, but no... that'l happen soon as CoD has a single player mode worth buyin' the game over.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    Good? Did ya miss the part where I said I hate how Ubisoft has integrated the first civ in? On multiple occasions

I'm speculatin' just 'cause I can. Make no mistake, I'm interested in said speculation simply 'cause I'm a fan of the series, not because of the story itself. Though perhaps both would be true if they could be arsed t' put more effort into said stories like with the books, but no... that'l happen soon as CoD has a single player mode worth buyin' the game over.
    What with your interest in the lore and speculation, it sounds more like cognitive dissonance. Trying to find something good in it, not that you actually believe the story's great.

Spoiler Alert!

Ads