LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    I play with Wiimote Nunchuck...Call of Duty is the only game to get Zapper controls right because they use the "double tap down" to crouch and the "twist + Z" to reload. When will these developers learn, if your making a Wii Zapper control scheme, you can't use any button on the wii-mote except B...When I looked at the Zapper controls for Goldeneye and saw that you crouch with down on the D-Pad. I immediately shook my head and never tried it.

The Classic Controller feels nice, but after playing shooters for close to 5 years now with the Wiimote and Nunchuck it feels more natural to me now.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Merk Swift View Post
    Playing any FPS on the wii with the zapper is insanely tedious. You will never be as good as the people using the classic controller so why play?

Just because it has the motion control doesn't mean that's the only reason to play or the only way you should play it

I haven't played with the zapper since Modern Warfare and I would never recommend it to anyone. I promise if you use the zapper I would crush you. It's not even worth the effort
    Hey Merk, sorry but I would have to disagree. The wii remote allows you so many customizations with the dead zone and turning speed and ADS dead zone and turning speed. Instead of having to completely center yourself onto your target, with the wii zapper you can point it to wherever you want within your dead zone and shoot. Now, I am not in any way saying I could take you down Zapper vs. Remote, I am just saying, dont knock it.

EDIT: Sorry, I use the wii remote + nunchuck, not wii zapper. That thing is horrible.
    Goldeneye FC - 1815 - 8954 - 3505
    Username - Swanson

Member #
    Friends
    I use the standard Wiimote and Nunchuck. I tried the zapper because initially, not having much wii experience, I liked the idea of combining them tommy-gun-style. But couldn't get the settings right, it seemed to slow.

I also wanted to make sure that if I played it at a mates I could still kick ass because I could guarantee the standard controls...

One question for you guys though, anyone find that if they are playing online and need to put the controls down for a quick second (toilet break or something) that it sometimes quits the game? Real pain.
    Goldeneye FC : 1645 6860 7394
    Goldeneye name: mad dog

Member #
    Friends
    i bought the zapper. the one that you hold like a rifle and it had trigger access to a/b buttoms so it was the best gun besides the one that have the built in controller. i used it twice sold it on craigslist next day

wii mote + nunchuck is the best imo

Dok
    Member #
    Friends
    5455-6831-9435-8590
    wii + nunchuk allows for the best aiming imo, but I use the gamecube controller because I'm cheap and I don't know where my rechargable batteries are. I'd use the classic controller pro, but that also requires batteries. D:

Tragic.
    (56) - Dok, Dok socute, Dok sobrave
    (29) - Inde

Member #
    Friends
    wii remote + nunchuck - Experienced 2 or 3

I think it's just whatever you get comfortable with. The intermediate offers aim assist, but that's kind of aggravating b/c sometimes it auto-aims on the wrong target. i.e. Heroes.

We have this big green shotgun that I thought would be cool. The nunchuck slides inthe back and the wii remote is at the business end. I looked but could not find control options to fire with the C button on the nunchuck. ( this is the trigger on this shotgun.) If anyone knows of a way to do this, please let me know, I'd love to try it with my drumhead.

The biggest thing with the wii remote is learning to turn around and keep the site pointed at eye level when you are moving around.

Member #
    Friends
    [QUOTE=007Master;1152073]wii remote + nunchuck - Experienced 2 or 3

I think it's just whatever you get comfortable with. The intermediate offers aim assist, but that's kind of aggravating b/c sometimes it auto-aims on the wrong target. i.e. Heroes. /quote

aim assist is disabled online. i think your thinking about ads snap. but you dont wanna disable that.

Member #
    Friends
    7310-8134-8531-7781
    I do quite well with the Remote/Nunchuk, and I'm level 42. I think Merk could vouch for my effectiveness too.

Love the point and click of the wiimote. Saves a ton of time aiming.

Private message me and I will add you

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom007 View Post
    I do quite well with the Remote/Nunchuk, and I'm level 42. I think Merk could vouch for my effectiveness too.

Love the point and click of the wiimote. Saves a ton of time aiming.
    this

Member #
    Friends
    I started out using the nunchuck and wiimote but I could never get it to feel just right. I've played around with the settings but to no avail. I think a big reason is the fact that I am playing in cramped qaurters ( my dorm room). Anywho, I switched to the gamecube controller which doesnt seem to be a very popular decision. I really enjoy the reliability of the controls and the movement with the joy sticks but there are a few downfalls. The biggest is getting accustomed to melee attacks using multiple buttons. Another is the fact that when you go to throw a grenade around a corner it is difficult to cook the explosive and maneuver around for an accurate throw. None of this is too big of a deal with a little practice though.. Im going to stick to the GC controller because it is more affordable ( batteries) and I like the reliability. Its working out well so far. I'm only level eleven but I just won my first match and then won my next one after that. Wahoo!
    Happy gaming

Ads