Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaining XP

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by ANY DIEM View Post
    If you're not a deadeye pro scoring over 300 points per game try the black box games. If you understand the rules of black box and have at least one other person on the team who knows what they are doing you can finish a game in under four minutes and have 100-300 XP points. I don't see a lot of the other games ending with a victory condition. It's usually the ten minute timer going off.
    Well I promise 100-300 xp per game make for a long road to the top. Shoot for more like 500-800 xp per match. Once you get into the mid 30's you'll be looking at around 35,000 xp per level. Heroes or conflict will get you the most xp. Streaks are important as are dominations, so not dying alot is key to achieve this. 150 xp for 10 streaks. Kill heroes(50 xp), level your weapons, get combat abilities, get first in your team(50 xp) 2:1 death ratio gives you 50 xp as well. 50 xp for a win in heroes and 75 xp for a win in conflict.

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah, if you can hit streaks and not get murdered by people 10-20 levels higher than you then obviously you want to try to score as many XP as you can in regular games. I just found for the amount of time you spend in a conflict or heroes game I can knock out two black box games and score more points.

So it terms of actually gaining XP the fastest (not in the biggest chunks), I'll take the shorter games to get there.
    Pvt.P1MPSTIK (was Agent>>005)
    FC 424461411336

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Succthis View Post
    Well I promise 100-300 xp per game make for a long road to the top. Shoot for more like 500-800 xp per match. Once you get into the mid 30's you'll be looking at around 35,000 xp per level. Heroes or conflict will get you the most xp. Streaks are important as are dominations, so not dying alot is key to achieve this. 150 xp for 10 streaks. Kill heroes(50 xp), level your weapons, get combat abilities, get first in your team(50 xp) 2:1 death ratio gives you 50 xp as well. 50 xp for a win in heroes and 75 xp for a win in conflict.
    You're completely missing the point. Raw XP per match is useless information.

800XP in 10 minutes is about equal to 300XP in 4 minutes. Conflict games go to 10 minutes routinely, where it's very rare to see a Black Box go to the full time (iirc, the Poke-team claims to clear Jungle black box in ~40 seconds). As an indirect result, the fixed end-of-match bonuses pay out more often, so for newer players it makes sense to be in a gametype they can get more of those.

Also, Heroes is great until you go 3 matches with a team who won't hero up. I don't mean to imply you should constantly have a hero on the field as I do understand it's conditional on the situation and it's daft to hero up when staring at 3 enemies, but out of an entire match you ought to find a few opportunities.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawn View Post

800XP in 10 minutes is about equal to 300XP in 4 minutes. Conflict games go to 10 minutes routinely, where it's very rare to see a Black Box go to the full time (iirc, the Poke-team claims to clear Jungle black box in ~40 seconds). As an indirect result, the fixed end-of-match bonuses pay out more often, so for newer players it makes sense to be in a gametype they can get more of those.

Also, Heroes is great until you go 3 matches with a team who won't hero up. I don't mean to imply you should constantly have a hero on the field as I do understand it's conditional on the situation and it's daft to hero up when staring at 3 enemies, but out of an entire match you ought to find a few opportunities.
    No, I got the point. I've learned, from how I play at least, that Heroes and Conflict (Golden Gun is good if you can kill with it.) provide me with the most consistent xp; usually 800-1200 per match. Everything else mentioned will benefit players in every mode (kill streaks, weapon prof. 2:1 kdr, etc)

As far as not spawning heroes, or spawning to often, yeah it can be frustrating. It's a broken mode in that sense. But if you can get 4 players together and get a teammate as host its pretty easy to rack up xp.
    Last edited by Succthis; 02-25-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Member #
    Friends

No, I got the point. I've learned, from how I play at least, that Heroes and Conflict (Golden Gun is good if you can kill with it.) provide me with the most consistent xp; usually 800-1200 per match. Everything else mentioned will benefit players in every mode (kill streaks, weapon prof. 2:1 kdr, etc)

As far as not spawning heroes, or spawning to often, yeah it can be frustrating. It's a broken mode in that sense. But if you can get 4 players together and get a teammate as host its pretty easy to rack up xp.
    You actually pick up & use the golden gun? That's kinda confusing. You get a maximum of 8 kills with it. Even with the golden gun 5-streak bonus I never find it giving more XP than just treating it like a 40-kill Conflict where everyone else inexplicably runs towards a giant marker on the battlefield for my convenience. I know I'm not the only person who thinks like this, a few days back I got a 30-kill streak block on a player named 'abc'. I'm normally pulling host myself, not really sure why I'd want a teammate to have it.

And really, you're advising a new player based on your experience pulling a grand a match. You've got to be getting multiple 10-streaks and 5x domination to get up there without weapon levels. Can you not see how that's not good as 'general' advice? I mean, just post "suck less" and call it a day if that's all you really have to offer.

Member #
    Friends

You actually pick up & use the golden gun? That's kinda confusing. You get a maximum of 8 kills with it. Even with the golden gun 5-streak bonus I never find it giving more XP than just treating it like a 40-kill Conflict where everyone else inexplicably runs towards a giant marker on the battlefield for my convenience. I know I'm not the only person who thinks like this, a few days back I got a 30-kill streak block on a player named 'abc'. I'm normally pulling host myself, not really sure why I'd want a teammate to have it.

And really, you're advising a new player based on your experience pulling a grand a match. You've got to be getting multiple 10-streaks and 5x domination to get up there without weapon levels. Can you not see how that's not good as 'general' advice? I mean, just post "suck less" and call it a day if that's all you really have to offer.
    Ok then bub. My bad for giving good advice to a newer player, which my advice was. Get streaks. Level weapons. Suck less. Thats really all I was saying. The better you get at...now follow me here pal....getting streaks, leveling weapons quickly and generally "sucking less" the xp will come all by it's lonesome regardless of the mode. I would hope this is the ends the topic poster is looking for.
    Golden Gun-
    If you can get 2 kills before the getting the gun, and go on a 10 streak then:
    3 kill streak-25
    5 gg kill streak-50
    10 streak-150
    10 kills @10 xp each-100 xp (2 head shots)
    Match win 75 xp.
    400 xp in a short match. Now thats best case as you had mentioned but its still more xp and a lot quicker than any BBox game. This probably won't happen which means more kills, streaks and xp for everyone and a lot more for the winner.
    Take it all in. Think before you respond with silly attacks that really aren't needed. See now...you got me all defensive.
    Last edited by Succthis; 02-25-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Member #
    Friends

Ok then bub. My bad for giving good advice to a newer player, which my advice was. Get streaks. Level weapons. Suck less. Thats really all I was saying. The better you get at...now follow me here pal....getting streaks, leveling weapons quickly and generally "sucking less" the xp will come all by it's lonesome regardless of the mode. I would hope this is the ends the topic poster is looking for.
    Golden Gun-
    3 kill streak-25
    5 gg kill streak-50
    10 streak-150
    Match win 75 xp.
    400 xp in a short match. Now thats best case as you had mentioned but its still more xp and a lot quicker than any BBox game. This probably won't happen which means more kills, streaks and xp for everyone and a lot more for the winner.
    Take it all in. Think before you respond with silly attacks that really aren't needed. See now...you got me all defensive.
    I do apologize, I really wasn't attempting to 'attack' you and I'm sorry that I posted anything that could be interpreted as such. I think your posting is a little misguided, that you DO understand this game, and you're just failing to see what would constitute useful advice. Please don't take this the wrong way.

I just really don't get advice along the lines of "suck less." It's like trying to teach someone how to drive stick shift (or any other mechanical task) and not explaining the mechanisms in play, just sitting in the passenger seat and screaming the words "SUCK LESS" whenever they kill the engine. They're never going to learn it that way and you'd look pretty foolish.

I actually find it incredibly insulting to Blackecho to assume that his main misconception with the game is that he's dying when he should be killing or something. That seems to be the failure mode you're implying with the advice of "suck less". He literally doesn't know that streaks give extra XP and he's suiciding after every 2 kills.

Hey Blackecho, just go on 10-streaks, did that ever occur to you? Oh, you know that there's XP for getting a 10 streak? Just go on a 10-streak. Now, I do this regularly and I'm not going to bother posting any tips on actually achieving a 10-streak like don't chase an injured opponent, reverse directions frequently, try to get 1 shot on a scoped opponent to knock them out of it before running, etc. I'm just going to say "go on 10-streaks" and assume that you a) know how to do that already and b) have not yet figured out that this is a good avenue to gain XP.

There's a legitimate discussion on which playlist to choose, but the main tradeoffs have been enunciated (individual games have higher bonus for first but lower EV for second and worse, time spent in a match is just as important as average XP, etc.) and Blackecho has the requisite tools to determine what playlist he's most profitable in. Given the ridiculous amount of caveats you attached to your own analysis of the GG game, I don't see how that's a useful analysis though. It's really only worth discussing aggregate trends, not theoretical maximums. E.g. "Black box games go fast. Conflict games have more streaks."

Member #
    Friends

Golden Gun-
    3 kill streak-25
    5 gg kill streak-50
    10 streak-150
    Match win 75 xp.
    I do apologize, I really wasn't attempting to 'attack' you and I'm sorry that I posted anything that could be interpreted as such. I think your posting is a little misguided, that you DO understand this game, and you're just failing to see what would constitute useful advice. Please don't take this the wrong way.

I just really don't get advice along the lines of "suck less." It's like trying to teach someone how to drive stick shift (or any other mechanical task) and not explaining the mechanisms in play, just sitting in the passenger seat and screaming the words "SUCK LESS" whenever they kill the engine. They're never going to learn it that way and you'd look pretty foolish.

I actually find it incredibly insulting to Blackecho to assume that his main misconception with the game is that he's dying when he should be killing or something. That seems to be the failure mode you're implying with the advice of "suck less". He literally doesn't know that streaks give extra XP and he's suiciding after every 2 kills.

Hey Blackecho, just go on 10-streaks, did that ever occur to you? Oh, you know that there's XP for getting a 10 streak? Just go on a 10-streak. Now, I do this regularly and I'm not going to bother posting any tips on actually achieving a 10-streak like don't chase an injured opponent, reverse directions frequently, try to get 1 shot on a scoped opponent to knock them out of it before running, etc. I'm just going to say "go on 10-streaks" and assume that you a) know how to do that already and b) have not yet figured out that this is a good avenue to gain XP.

There's a legitimate discussion on which playlist to choose, but the main tradeoffs have been enunciated (individual games have higher bonus for first but lower EV for second and worse, time spent in a match is just as important as average XP, etc.) and Blackecho has the requisite tools to determine what playlist he's most profitable in. Given the ridiculous amount of caveats you attached to your own analysis of the GG game, I don't see how that's a useful analysis though. It's really only worth discussing aggregate trends, not theoretical maximums. E.g. "Black box games go fast. Conflict games have more streaks."
    Dude. Suck less were your words. I was making fun of you. You have twisted this into some sort of chest beating contest. I was simply trying give some advice on what to shoot for. He wanted to know how to earn xp. I gave him some things to think about. Dying less does not imply that he dies too much, only that maybe he should be cautious running into fire fights as that can kill a streak real fast. Nice essay by the way...

Member #
    Friends

Golden Gun-
    3 kill streak-25
    5 gg kill streak-50
    10 streak-150
    Match win 75 xp.

Dude. Suck less were your words. I was making fun of you. You have twisted this into some sort of chest beating contest. I was simply trying give some advice on what to shoot for. He wanted to know how to earn xp. I gave him some things to think about. Dying less does not imply that he dies too much, only that maybe he should be cautious running into fire fights as that can kill a streak real fast. Nice essay by the way...
    They were my words characterizing your previous attempts at advice. I, too, am capable of following a discussion. You actually managed to give some good advice here instead of a worthless platitude, although couched in baseless attacks on me and attempts to cast me as the aggressor. Thanks!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by brittany33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan 2000 View Post
    use the assult loadout for the grenader thats y its called the kallos tt9 GRENADER duhhhhhhhh!!
    You're mean. Be nice.

Don't tell me what to do cause, ur not the boss of me.

Ads