LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I am pretty sure there is no setting to make you host. Like I said it's one of those things about this game that nobody in all the forums I go to can explain. Just screwed.

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks mang, yah I have not found 1 thing about this any where.

Just weird I have never been the host.. There are no setting's on the Wii ,I was just checking, I did turn off wii connect 24, still connected but still no host..

Oh well , thanks agian..
    Goldeneye FC - 199118574598
    Username - STL 0011

Yahoo ID : stevegags11

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve0011 View Post
    I am on ATT DSL can't believe isn't good enough to host...
    Ah, I didn't realize my time machine had effectively transported me back to the late 90's when DSL was an acceptable connection to the internet. I get 20/5 on my home connection, if you're not putting up bandwidth like that then it's no surprise you can't host a modern multiplayer game.

Check your speed here: http://speedtest.net/

Next time you're connecting, watch the messages it's popping up. One of them is "Testing Connection" so I'll go out on a limb here and presume that it's testing your connection. I haven't watched it with Wireshark or anything to confirm, but I'd imagine it's similar to the speedtest.net test.

Be mindful of the fact that if their 'testing' server is located far away from you, it might deem you a bad host despite great bandwidth otherwise. So a great speedtest.net result might not guarantee pulling host.
    But you do get to host some times??
    Yes, I'm forced to host regularly.

Just weird I have never been the host.. There are no setting's on the Wii ,I was just checking, I did turn off wii connect 24, still connected but still no host..
    Wii Connect 24 controls if your console will connect to the internet while 'off' to update the weather, news, messages, etc. It has no effect on the Wii's behavior while on and in use. Why did you think that would matter?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawn View Post
    Ah, I didn't realize my time machine had effectively transported me back to the late 90's when DSL was an acceptable connection to the internet. I get 20/5 on my home connection, if you're not putting up bandwidth like that then it's no surprise you can't host a modern multiplayer game.

Next time you're connecting, watch the messages it's popping up. One of them is "Testing Connection" so I'll go out on a limb here and presume that it's testing your connection. I haven't watched it with Wireshark or anything to confirm, but I'd imagine it's similar to the speedtest.net test.

Be mindful of the fact that if their 'testing' server is located far away from you, it might deem you a bad host despite great bandwidth otherwise. So a great speedtest.net result might not guarantee pulling host.
    But you do get to host some times??

Wii Connect 24 controls if your console will connect to the internet while 'off' to update the weather, news, messages, etc. It has no effect on the Wii's behavior while on and in use. Why did you think that would matter?

so all this means i can never host?
    Goldeneye FC - 199118574598
    Username - STL 0011

Yahoo ID : stevegags11

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawn View Post

so all this means i can never host?
    It means you should go to speedtest.net (or any other bandwidth testing service) and see what your connection is. If it's above 20/5 and you're still not hosting, you may need to stop other traffic, i.e. someone watching Hulu in the next room might eat enough of your total upstream bandwidth to make you ineligible to host.

You can post your connection test results here if you'd like. With enough posters providing that and host/non-host it might let us see what the minimum is.

Ads