LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1512-1772-5792-0000

Exclamation The negatives of the Strata, Masterton, etc.

Now, I know what you're all thinking. "What? How can he dislike the freakin' Masterton! I'm outta here!..." Something like that, right? Now, trust me, I don't hate them. I love these guns , and I just said I'm pointing out negatives, not declaring hatred.

Basically, I have 3 big problems with good guns.

1) Hosts are more likely to quit if they see you with an awesome gun. I often get a host quit the second I pull out a high-ranking weapon.

2) As soon as I'm noticed, I become the hunted. Everyone wants to pick up my gun so that they can get the accolades or just own face. Normally, the people who hunt you down are really suckish, but I can't tell you how many times I've ended up ganged up on from several sides all at once.

3) I've noticed that Goldeneye has a way to make teams fair. They will try to make the TOTAL of the each player's levels as close as possible. In other words, if there were only 4 people, whose level's were 50, two 30's and a 10, the 50 and the 10 would get paired up, and the two 30's would team up so that the total of the levels of the two teams is 60, therefore making it somewhat fair. The problem with that, however, is that if you are a really high level, you get paired up with really sucky people to make up for the difference in levels, while the other team is made up of decent players who at least know what they're doing. This happens to me often, and it often results in me bailing out the entire team.

Despite this, the good guns do make it worth it. Even if you stuck with the Sigmus even at Level 56, the teaming system would still apply so you would have to use an Ivana or something just to compensate, so you pretty much have to use them. Besides, by the time you finally hit Level 56 you'll definitely be skilled enough to do entire bailouts.

So I'm gonna keep using my Ivana. I earned that thing. But do you guys feel differently? I hope I didn't ruin the whole "I'm getting those proxies if it's the last thing I do!" thing for anyone.
    Last edited by Volcarona; 04-12-2011 at 07:50 PM.
    ===============

Oh god I came back after a couple years for kicks and I have no idea what's going on now.

wut do halp plz

Dok
    Member #
    Friends
    5455-6831-9435-8590
    1) Hosts are more likely to quit if they see you with an awesome gun. I seemingly get a host quit the second I pull out my Masterton.
    True enough.

2) As soon as I'm noticed, I become the hunted. Everyone wants to pick up my gun so that they can get the accolades or just own face. Normally, the people who hunt you down are really suckish, but I can't tell you how many times I've ended up in several people's crossfire all at once.
    I haven't really experienced this, but even if it was the case...wouldn't it just make it easier to get more kills?

3) I've noticed that Goldeneye has a way to make teams fair. They will try to make the TOTAL of the each player's levels as close as possible. In other words, if there were only 4 people, whose level's were 50, two 30's and a 10, the 50 and the 10 would get paired up, and the two 30's would team up so that the total of the levels of the two teams is 60, therefore making it somewhat fair. The problem with that, however, is that if you are a really high level, you get paired up with really sucky people to make up for the difference in levels, while the other team is made up of decent players who at least know what they're doing. This happens to me often, and it often results in me bailing out the entire team.
    They do balance the teams, but I don't think they try to balance the total levels. The #1 player (in terms of level) will get stuck with the #4 player while the #2 and #3 are together, even if putting the #4 on the same team as the #2 and #3 would make it more balanced in terms of levels. I think it's 1, 4, 6, and 8 vs 2, 3, 5, and 7, regardless of the level. I'm not certain on this, though. Regardless, this can be a good thing too. If your teammates suck, they're less likely to steal your kills! ^^
    (56) - Dok, Dok socute, Dok sobrave
    (29) - Inde

Member #
    Friends
    The better you get the more people hate you. They quit after you dominate a round. Soon the CPU matches you with equal competition.

Enjoy those weapons, you earned them. Dominate with them. The weapons are designed to help you when you are getting ganged up on.

Member #
    Friends
    People do hunt you. Once I started hunting some guy with a Masterton and Proximity Mines (which I know for a fact he hacked, btw) and managed to kill him around 5 times.

Anyways, if you got these weapons legitimately, don't feel inclined to stop using the for any of those reasons. Kill people instead!
    Goldeneye FC-529634023867
    User name-00cheese (<--makes me lol)

MKWii FC-0475-6781-8166
    Mii-UFO (guess how I put a UFO on his face ;D)

Brawl FC-4126-4050-6216
    User name-Cheez

Join my MKWii clan! http://www.wiichat.com/wii-clans/770...am-enigma.html

Member #
    Friends
    Well...itīs really sucks when you are level 23-24 with a lot of time played , and you fight with level 50 guys with awesome weapons, the game get very un-balanced

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronCL View Post
    Well...itīs really sucks when you are level 23-24 with a lot of time played , and you fight with level 50 guys with awesome weapons, the game get very un-balanced
    Well Yes, but thats how it works, they went through that at one point too...
    What sucks is when you're agaisnt a 45 and up, and you're below 30 and the rest of your team totally s!cks. You end up the only one on your team actually TRYING something, trying to get that high lvl dude, and at least get the rest of his team. You still get pwnd, cause well you're the only one not hiding
    007 Profile
    Arnaud
    FC: 2845 8806 0418

Member #
    Friends
    1512-1772-5792-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnaud. View Post
    What sucks is when you're agaisnt a 45 and up, and you're below 30 and the rest of your team totally s!cks. You end up the only one on your team actually TRYING something, trying to get that high lvl dude, and at least get the rest of his team. You still get pwnd, cause well you're the only one not hiding
    Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. The problem is that the higher in level you go, the more sucky your team is. It gets to the point where you're the only one actually doing anything. No matter what gun you're carrying, 4-vs.-1 is hard and pretty unfair.
    ===============

Oh god I came back after a couple years for kicks and I have no idea what's going on now.

wut do halp plz

Member #
    Friends
    But some guys are high level just cheating

And really...it takes TOO MUCH time to get level 40-50. Your must play all day long for weeks to earn the necessary EXP points.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Volcarona View Post
    Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. The problem is that the higher in level you go, the more sucky your team is. It gets to the point where you're the only one actually doing anything. No matter what gun you're carrying, 4-vs.-1 is hard and pretty unfair.
    sounds like you sud party with other lvl 50's and then it would be fun
    <MYSTERION>> (in-game)
    ---------------------------
    I Play alot
    I'd like to be your in game friend!
    (Goldeneye) 2318-6038-4615
    (Conduit 2) 4341-2837-3698
    PM me with yours!

Member #
    Friends
    1512-1772-5792-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERION View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Volcarona View Post

sounds like you sud party with other lvl 50's and then it would be fun
    I've only ever played one game like that. 2 months ago, when I had a different username (Breloom(yeah, I don't know either)), I joined a heroes game with Prince-Luigi, and there were several other Lvl 40's-50's there. At this time, the only really good weapons to my name were the Strata and Anova. Our team lost most of the time because PL and 2 other lvl 50's were always on the other team, but it was still really fun because I wasn't the only one on the team actually trying to do anything. Best. Game. Ever.
    ===============

wut do halp plz

Ads