Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by John011 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimothy View Post
    i'm lvl 20 and use the grenade launcher, whats wrong with using things to get 2 extra kills to your streak? also like to say that the grenade launcher has made me win several times on goldengun and by a long distance, grenade launcher, then about 10 people with the golden gun before someone does it back to you..works well.
    i used to only use the assult riffle one because of the smoke grenades that come with it, but i found a good advantage in the grenade launcher, gets you out of trouble if you have 2 guys on.
    If you are using it to stratagize then that's okay.

It's the people that abuse them and blast everything to try and get a kill, that's what pisses people off. And makes everyone hate the grenade launcher. By right it shouldn't be available to noobs. It should be something that has to be unlocked in the 40's or 50's.
    Yeah can imagine that sucks, i'm yet to run into an idiot doing that. in fairness i only use it on the docks and goldeneye just to blast those turds waiting in the back. most of the time i just use my custom loadout which is the assualt riffle gun, whatever it is, with a silencer.. stealth mode
    may stop using the launcher all together as it seems to piss alot of people off here... :/
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimothy View Post
    Yeah can imagine that sucks, i'm yet to run into an idiot doing that. in fairness i only use it on the docks and goldeneye just to blast those turds waiting in the back. most of the time i just use my custom loadout which is the assualt riffle gun, whatever it is, with a silencer.. stealth mode may stop using the launcher all together as it seems to piss alot of people off here... :/
    You mean the Kallos? I liked that rifle when I was where you are now. Wait till 25 I think when you unlock the Terralite. Puts the Kallos to shame... I'm sure you know that by picking one up in battle.

I refuse to use the Grenade Launcher until I unlock it.
    GoldenEye 007
    FC 1858-7219-2781
    [WC] HQ
    Level 54

If you are interested in joining the Wii Chat [WC] clan. Post your KDR here - http://www.wiichat.com/forum/wii-cla...neye-clan.html

Looking for good players to recruit!!!

Member #
    Friends
    0138-1405-5671-3520
    Quote Originally Posted by HOOT View Post
    multiple toobers in archives...grrrr
    Anyway...
    A lot has been said about the Xp system, although it's a tough grind I believe it's purpose is to train you properly for each weapon, gadget and attachment you aquire. By playing hours/days and so on you begin to understand the ins and outs of each level, each gadget, the best time to rush, when to camp, what loadouts to use and when to use them.
    Imagin when you start out everone has every gun. You really cant expect to have an exciting game when everyone (including you) is a level 1-3's all using proxies, toobs and themal scopes, you wouldn't have the experience to use them and the game would get boring very quickly (well maybe not...but thats not my point).
    To put that in perspective, i really hated the terralite when I first obtained it but that was only due to the fact that I had very little experience with it. 200K xp later and having used it heaps I now love it and can rack up 10+ kill streaks regularly. Similarly at the moment I hate the masterton, everytime I play as zurkovski, that's because I havent the playtime or experience yet to wield it's furious power, however 700K xp from now and a few more days worth of playtime and I'll own!
    So for anyone who uses the toob (because it's fun and makes things go BOOM), I say go on and enjoy it, but know that you are only limiting yourself from improving.
    I've never seen anyone with a tube get a 2/1 KDR (more like 2/3). You can only get 2 BOOM's per life and will generally end up killing yourself in the process. Your XP per game will average around 200 per game and it will take you 10 years to level up to the really good weapons (anova, strata, ivana etc).
    Finally, all I can only say to those who complain is forget about it, you can't change it. Just be happy in the fact that when you get a toober ingame it gives you a purpose, a drive, a goal. Killing that level 21 toober and finishing with 800xp and 9 accolades is all you need.
    Trust me, when you're pushing through the 40-50's and seamingly getting nowhere, it's that toober, that purpose that will get you through.
    Cheers, that is all
    I have to say, I really like what you said on this one. Well done I totally agree.

GoldenEye FC: 4918 7561 4937

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    The only time I've actually become enraged at noobtubing was in The Conduit.( You voted on the weapon sets, guess which set was always picked?)
    But Hoot, you are completely right.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by v42 View Post
    I had a level 51'er going nuts with a Grenade launcher.
    :thumbdown:
    He prolly just unlocked it and was having some fun. When I unlomcked mine I busted it out for a day or two. I have never been a toober so I wanted to have fun for a few.

I think the toob should never had been a option for noobs, ruins the game a tad. It takes no talent to use and screws people outta streaks cuz someone has to resort to it....damn noobs! I agree with succthis on his points.

One of my main problems with noobs is their need to spawn 20 times a game as hero....do they not realize spawning is an option not a commandment?
    Last edited by TKING11; 05-12-2011 at 10:05 PM.

[RS]YELAWOLF [Level 56] FC: 2235-1503-8200
    RedScreenClan.webs.com

MK BARAKA [Level 56] FC: 1116-0446-9432
    MortalKombatClan.jigsy.com

Member #
    Friends
    Hmm, I've never even used this toob thing, wouldn't know how to. I just use my custom loadouts.

In fact guys am I missing something here?! I'm fairly new and only on lvl 15 I mainly use the Kallos with hard hitter and hi cap. Is Aiming Down Sights the wrong thing to do? Someone mentione earlier that 200xp isn;t that amazing, but I'm lucky if I get that. I don't run round making an arse of myself or campout all game sniping I realldo try to take part but I'm guessing I'm gonna be 103 before I get to a decent level.

What am I doing wrong?
    Should I be using the pre-set loadouts?
    Paying ppl to let me kill them?
    If I don't get any replies or help I'll still be on every night for a couple of hours anyway....it'll just take til pension days to level up
    Last edited by Carlito; 05-13-2011 at 07:52 AM.
    GE FC: Carlito 3894 5620 4868
    MW3 AC: Deadlock 2347 6266 8714

Member #
    Friends
    0138-1405-5671-3520
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
    Hmm, I've never even used this toob thing, wouldn't know how to. I just use my custom loadouts.

In fact guys am I missing something here?! I'm fairly new and only on lvl 15 I mainly use the Kallos with hard hitter and hi cap. Is Aiming Down Sights the wrong thing to do? Someone mentione earlier that 200xp isn;t that amazing, but I'm lucky if I get that. I don't run round making an arse of myself or campout all game sniping I realldo try to take part but I'm guessing I'm gonna be 103 before I get to a decent level.

What am I doing wrong?
    If I don't get any replies or help I'll still be on every night for a couple of hours anyway....it'll just take til pension days to level up
    200 xp is ok, especially for a lv 15 - but it will take for-ev-er to get to lv 56 at that pace. Just keep in mind that as you get better your average xp/game should increase, too. Luckily, moving up levels in the teens and 20's takes a whole lot less xp than in the 40's and 50's. So even at 200 xp/game you'll see movement. You'll also notice that when you unlock better weapons that your xp should go up too, because your overall kills and kdr should go up. Keep in mind that head shots, streaks, and leveling your weapons really help to get you the maximum xp. Also try to get first place on your team, a 2-1 elim to death ratio, and it helps when your team wins. Good hunting.

GoldenEye FC: 4918 7561 4937

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by brittany33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlito View Post

What am I doing wrong?
    200 xp is ok, especially for a lv 15 - but it will take for-ev-er to get to lv 56 at that pace. Just keep in mind that as you get better your average xp/game should increase, too. Luckily, moving up levels in the teens and 20's takes a whole lot less xp than in the 40's and 50's. So even at 200 xp/game you'll see movement. You'll also notice that when you unlock better weapons that your xp should go up too, because your overall kills and kdr should go up. Keep in mind that head shots, streaks, and leveling your weapons really help to get you the maximum xp. Also try to get first place on your team, a 2-1 elim to death ratio, and it helps when your team wins. Good hunting.
    What Brittany said and to add that ADS is fine if the enemy is a long distance away, but once they get too close you'll want to learn to hip fire. Real battles are won by hip firing. Anyone can point and shoot by ADS, but straffing and hip firing in tight quarters is what makes a champion.

Take your stauger in presets and go on levels like archives where the majority use shotguns and learn to hip fire. Moving side to side and diagonally while someone is trying to lock on to you will make it more difficult and it's easy taking them down with hip fire if you can do it fast enough. The biggest mistake you can do is stand still when shooting. Only time you should stand still is when sniping..... Always keep moving. Just have faith and determination and you'll be fine.
    Last edited by John011; 05-13-2011 at 11:12 AM.
    GoldenEye 007
    FC 1858-7219-2781
    [WC] HQ
    Level 54

If you are interested in joining the Wii Chat [WC] clan. Post your KDR here - http://www.wiichat.com/forum/wii-cla...neye-clan.html

Member #
    Friends
    Should rename this thread, 'Helpful tips for toobers'.

Me likey.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by HOOT View Post
    Should rename this thread, 'Helpful tips for toobers'.

Me likey.
    "Helpful Tips on Slaying Toobers"
    GoldenEye 007
    FC 1858-7219-2781
    [WC] HQ
    Level 54

Ads