Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Goodbye Anova?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0138-1405-5671-3520
    Quote Originally Posted by Dok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Egozilla View Post
    I just got that Anova and found out how useless it is in close quarters. So, for now I'm sticking with the Vargen when I'm in a small map. Since you bastards are a bit higher level - what have you found to be best for close quarters?
    When I unlocked the anova, I abandoned all other SMGS and ARs. I went with laser, snap shot, and light foot for my primary set. The anova is actually quite good for close range in my experience.
    I agree. I was a Terralite fan before I got my Anova, and the Anova blew me away with how nice it was in close quarters. Obviouselly, I like the Strata more, but the Anova is awesome as a backup.

GoldenEye FC: 4918 7561 4937

Member #
    Friends
    I just got that Anova and found out how useless it is in close quarters. So, for now I'm sticking with the Vargen when I'm in a small map. Since you bastards are a bit higher level - what have you found to be best for close quarters?
    Actually Anova rocks in close quaters. One of my favorite loadouts is Anova w/ laser, HH, and BB. But it's all depends on you too. I know a lot of people who hate the Anova and I love it. My pre Anova loadouts for close range were Stauger w/ laser or Sig9 w/ laser. The Sig9 is actually a really good gun at close range. With the recoil it's like instant head shot every time. I used the Sig9 for several levels before I hit 41. Vargen sucks though, go with Stauger or Sig9.
    Goldeneye Name: Jedi [SD]
    Level 48

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Namor View Post
    Actually Anova rocks in close quaters. One of my favorite loadouts is Anova w/ laser, HH, and BB. But it's all depends on you too. I know a lot of people who hate the Anova and I love it. My pre Anova loadouts for close range were Stauger w/ laser or Sig9 w/ laser. The Sig9 is actually a really good gun at close range. With the recoil it's like instant head shot every time. I used the Sig9 for several levels before I hit 41. Vargen sucks though, go with Stauger or Sig9.
    I was initially using the Stauger at close range but ended up switching to the Vargen because I was getting annihilated by folks with the Vargen. When I switched to Vargen I got excellent results with the exception of the odd glitch that will drop it to 11 shots out of the blue after just reloading.

When I switched to the Anova I was getting creamed by a guy with a Vargen in close quarters. When I switched to my lone Vargen loadout I was more successful. So, I don't quite know what to think, now.

I guess I will continue to play with my Anova until I level up to the next gun.

By the way - any overall preferences for secondary gun? I'm using the Kallos - which is quite handy - but there are other pistols as you level up. So, I'm curious what you higher level guys like to use.
    Goldeneye FC - 3450 7897 2575

Member: AoW Clan
    (Rogue General with the Masterton and Proxies)

Member #
    Friends
    0689-0434-9393-0000
    By the way - any overall preferences for secondary gun? I'm using the Kallos - which is quite handy - but there are other pistols as you level up. So, I'm curious what you higher level guys like to use.
    Do you mean Kunara? - Kallos isn't a pistol. Anyway, I have the Kunara or if using multitask, a Sniper rifle or Anova.
    56-BlackEcho: 2253 0769 9420: lvl 56

WC Chat: http://www.chatzy.com/946665897589

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah, Kunara - my bad. It's hard to keep track of the gun names.
    Goldeneye FC - 3450 7897 2575

Member: AoW Clan
    (Rogue General with the Masterton and Proxies)

Member #
    Friends
    I was initially using the Stauger at close range but ended up switching to the Vargen because I was getting annihilated by folks with the Vargen. When I switched to Vargen I got excellent results with the exception of the odd glitch that will drop it to 11 shots out of the blue after just reloading.

When I switched to the Anova I was getting creamed by a guy with a Vargen in close quarters. When I switched to my lone Vargen loadout I was more successful. So, I don't quite know what to think, now.

I guess I will continue to play with my Anova until I level up to the next gun.

That's weird because I've never been annihilated by a Vargen. That drop in ammo only happens when you use hi cap mag. As a level 41, I'm not quite sure why you are using hi cap and not remotes. Try using Anova w/ laser, RTMs, HH, and SS. I use the Kunara as my secondary on all my loadouts except my sniper loadout, I have multitask on it with the anova as my secondary.
    Goldeneye Name: Jedi [SD]
    Level 48

Member #
    Friends
    Since 45 I have been toying around with all the forgotten weapons trying to ease the pain of the nasty 40's, and Anova is by far my favorite. I also have to say that from switching from the Strata to the Sig 9, Sig 9 is a damn beast! The trusty Terralite has gotten some use, as has the Vargen. I did find the Vargen to be much less effective than I had remembered though. I imagine its because I was using it before I unlocked the Anova or Strata, which both make the Vargen look like a pea-shooter.

I do use the Anova more as a SMG than assault rifle. I find it fires from the hip nicely too. It never did replace my Terralite however. I have the Anova set as a secondary in my sniper loadout and I think I am going to make a close quarters loadout with the Anova as well with RM/RA/SS/L. Great, underused gun!

Member #
    Friends
    Ugh, I'm still in Stauger and Terralite land. Just reached 34 and 41 has never seemed further away...I want that Anova bad!
    Fyborg
    Goldeneye FC: 3450-0874-4379

Member #
    Friends
    I love the anova personally. I am about to unlock it again on my second profile and am very excited. It is a game changer! I used it my first go around on every map especially the small ones. Like Dok I went laser buy no snap cuz snap is all about adding accuracy and the laser already gives you that so Bio id a good fit. In weapons cap wars it's always cool cuz a lot of players disliked the anova but i never had an issue. It slices through people...you just gotta learn to tame the recoil. But I actually like the recoil cuz it raises up to head shots. However if you have the strata there is no point in the anova IMO. I only play heroes these days and I get my share of anova as bond so there's no need to have a loadout with it.

[RS]YELAWOLF [Level 56] FC: 2235-1503-8200
    RedScreenClan.webs.com

MK BARAKA [Level 56] FC: 1116-0446-9432
    MortalKombatClan.jigsy.com

Member #
    Friends
    I get most Head Shots every single game (for the most part) Its so easy to take people out by way of a head shot.

Ads