+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ADS vs Hip Fire

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by S0ulie View Post
    Once you get hip firing down, Archives becomes a thing of beauty.
    Lemme fix that... Once you get Hip Firing down, any map becomes a thing of beauty. When you have an enemy to close for comfort.
    GoldenEye 007
    FC 1858-7219-2781
    [WC] HQ
    Level 54

If you are interested in joining the Wii Chat [WC] clan. Post your KDR here - http://www.wiichat.com/forum/wii-cla...neye-clan.html

Looking for good players to recruit!!!

Member #
    Friends
    At close range I can usually run circles around opponents while their wiimotes/analog sticks try to catch up. I've had a go with the gamecube controller and it's definitely a lot harder to hip fire with than the wiimote.
    I don't get what your saying here. You kind of contradicted yourself.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Succthis View Post
    At close range I can usually run circles around opponents while their wiimotes/analog sticks try to catch up. I've had a go with the gamecube controller and it's definitely a lot harder to hip fire with than the wiimote.
    haha who knows... Good to know someone is running in circles around my circles. Some players are freaking amazing at hip fire.

Dok
    Member #
    Friends
    5455-6831-9435-8590
    I'm decent enough with hipfiring, though I do rely on ADS snap more than I would like. Using ADS seems like the smart thing to do until you come across players who know how to hipfire, which is why I'm trying to improve my strafing abilities.
    (56) - Dok, Dok socute, Dok sobrave
    (29) - Inde

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Succthis View Post
    Sorry I should clarify that I use wiimote all the time but when I tried out a gamecube controller it was really hard to hip fire with. I come across a lot of people trying to use ADS at close range, which makes them a lot slower in aim and movement, and that makes it easy to out maneuver them.

Quote Originally Posted by John011 View Post
    Once you get hip firing down, Archives becomes a thing of beauty.
    Lemme fix that... Once you get Hip Firing down, any map becomes a thing of beauty. When you have an enemy to close for comfort.
    Well I highlight Archives because it's the one map where hip fire rules king!
    On this map:

Interdictus/Drumhead + good hip fire aim = unstoppable!

Unless somebody brings Proxies to the party :[
    Last edited by S0ulie; 05-19-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by brewdaddy View Post
    Not having the experience or patience with hip fire is my main downfall in the game so trollface, you are not the only one. I have continually experimented with it and will eventually get better at it, just takes time I guess. Keep at, I will too.
    Dude, I totally pwn'd you earlier. I'm usually Sith[sd] but I was DarkAvenger today. Hip firing is essential in this game. Usually if you ADS especially if you and another person are facing each other it will result in a mutual kill cause of that split second it takes before you start firing.
    Goldeneye Name: Jedi [SD]
    Level 48

Member #
    Friends
    If any of you have run into players like Cyber, Daisy-Fan, Sir.Bud, CrazyBacon, or any of the other top players and were owned by them, this is why. They hip fire and you ADS. That extra split second it takes for you to raise your gun and start shooting allows them to kill you that much easier. Since playing with the top players on a regular basis I've tried to increase my hip firing and I've notice a great improvement in my game play.
    Level 48

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Namor View Post
    If any of you have run into players like Cyber, Daisy-Fan, Sir.Bud, CrazyBacon, or any of the other top players and were owned by them, this is why. They hip fire and you ADS. That extra split second it takes for you to raise your gun and start shooting allows them to kill you that much easier. Since playing with the top players on a regular basis I've tried to increase my hip firing and I've notice a great improvement in my game play.
    Yeah I remember our games, you got game that's for sure. Although I was hubting mainly you because you were the highest ranked on your team and I remember having a few more kills in the jungle than you. You definately made it hard for me, good games bud. Oops wrong quote buy you know what I mean.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by brewdaddy View Post
    Yeah I remember our games, you got game that's for sure. Although I was hubting mainly you because you were the highest ranked on your team and I remember having a few more kills in the jungle than you. You definately made it hard for me, good games bud. Oops wrong quote buy you know what I mean.
    I only remember you on Outpost where you quit right after I killed you. Of course then I picked up your Ivana and go an instant five streak before it ran out of ammo. I hate Jungle on TC because there are usually noobs in that mode and they all think they should snipe. Needless to say they usually get a lucky shot in every once in awhile. Anyways, Jungle turns into a chore cause it's so much of circling the map checking all the camping spots. One match I found three of the enemy team all crouched behind the same crate with sniper rifles, stupid noobs are stupid. At first when I saw your name and level and ou missed some easy shots on me I was thinking you were an xp hacked 56, bu I checked the leader board and saw your playtime is 21 days so I figured you just had a bad day. But there is a reason why I'm a junior member of the best clan in GE.
    Level 48

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah had to quit that game to join my local buddy who sent an invite. I wish there was a way to tell the dude, hold on a min, I'm in the middle of a game before the party invite times out then he joins a game and then it's full when I try to join. Frustrating. Bein a 56 too, I usually play casual so I don't get quit on which is another thread I guess. We'll meet up again I'm sure.

Ads