LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Goldeneye - A Noobs Tale (for the "older" players amongst us)

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheater View Post
    Hey, wtf?! I don't understand why you "old" people have to be so annoying to us...
    a little kid beated you? f*** off! if you are that mature well, don't get pissed for stupid things like that. much easier, DON'T PLAY! I bet that a 10 years old kid can beat you! ..anyways, this thread is a shit!

PS: I don't care what the f*** you think about this, so, go ahead and reply it.
    I lol at this. "Rage kid" should be your tag lol watch the blood pressure kid This post is pure satire. No need to be offended.

You will be surprised at how age can slow your reaction time. I say "will be" because it is inevitable, you will be old one day. Im 29 and I know there is a huge difference from when I was a teen.

Member #
    Friends
    Rage Kid lol love it. F**k this and go F**k yourself here etc I bet your dad will beat my dad in a fight too Cheater it is all aimed at raising a laugh now and then, you'll get it when you're older mate.

Hello chaps and thanks for the replies of advice and understanding lol Iím thinking I might turn this in to an almost blog of my daily failings that all are welcome to comment on.

I was skimming through a couple of threads in the GE section here and came across one about the grenade launcher. Now Iíve never used this yet but am aware that you can get it as part of one of the pre-made loadouts. Iíve also not seen it in use that often so it wasnít really a worryÖ.until last night.

Bloody hell! It appears that one guy playing on the baddy team (thatís of course any team Iím not on) during a BB session had obviously equipped himself with this devils pea-shooter. He was a kinda mid-level chap, I think at about level 21 or something, and all he seemed to do was run to most populated areas, crack off two grenades and either blow himself up with the second shot or he would be massacred in group format by those heíd just killed once they re-spawned. I donít get itÖ.for every life he had heíd manage two kills and then weíd basically bitch slap him to death. It didnít work for him as his XP was low and he was, at best, second from the bottom on the score board. Thing that I liked is that once we (the goody team) sussed out who it was using the launcher he was utterly annihilated at every opportunity. But it was done as a team with people Iíd never played with before all focused on killing him asap.

I wasnít on for too long last night as it took a while for me to get the kids to sleep but the few games that I did get in TC, BB and Heroes were enjoyable mostly (grenade bitch to one side) because there was a real sense of team play in each session. Objectives were adhered to except for some chap called 009 who just wanted to snipe anyone trying to do the task (failed miserably each time though ha) but I was loving the team feel. Iíd see other guys run somewhere and follow them (my goody guys) and there weíd all be protecting the BB or blowing the crap out of it or stalking the Hero. I did notice on the Station map when playing BB that one of the baddies new about the crate glitch and literally climbed inside it with the BB. We couldnít kill him and he wouldnít blow up regardless of the amount of grenades we chucked at him. Once sussed though we just left him there and killed his buddies instead.

One question guys I unlocked the Bio-Booster the other day but it didnít seem to make a worthwhile difference so went back to the hip firing gadget thing instead. Did I get this wrong? Is the Bio-Booster worth sacrificing the hip firing thingy for?

Anyway, work to pretend to do so will maybe get killed by some of you guys online tonight.

Oh oh and another quick suggestion. Donít be too friendly like me and kinda stand in front of names you recognise and wave (melee) your gun around to say hello. They ignore you and move out of the way as you get shot in the back by a baddy.
    GE FC: Carlito 3894 5620 4868
    MW3 AC: Deadlock 2347 6266 8714

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlito View Post

One question guys I unlocked the Bio-Booster the other day but it didnít seem to make a worthwhile difference so went back to the hip firing gadget thing instead. Did I get this wrong? Is the Bio-Booster worth sacrificing the hip firing thingy for?
    Depends on the map I think. I have Snap shot on all my loadouts save one. Anova/Kunara/Remotes/Armor/Bio/Laser for when I'm getting crushed by noobs with tubes and hackers with proxies...and little kids.

Member #
    Friends
    I don't think I use bio booster on any loadout except my sniper loadout.

Oh oh and another quick suggestion. Donít be too friendly like me and kinda stand in front of names you recognise and wave (melee) your gun around to say hello. They ignore you and move out of the way as you get shot in the back by a baddy.
    Um...don't do that. I'll shoot you. But "HI" in advance.
    Goldeneye FC - 3450 7897 2575

Member: AoW Clan
    (Rogue General with the Masterton and Proxies)

Member #
    Friends
    0689-0434-9393-0000
    Lol Carlito, sounds like me too

We really should party up some time, you're on my friend's list, but not sure we've partied yet?
    56-BlackEcho: 2253 0769 9420: lvl 56

WC Chat: http://www.chatzy.com/946665897589

Member #
    Friends
    Goddamnit! I bet he was about bloody twelve as well, little bugger! Just picked me out from everyone else and decided to keep me dead. I spawned in a few different places but after a minute or so he bloody found me, what makes it worse is the little sod (I am still sticking with the idea heís a bloody kid) mÍlťed me for about three or four of the kills too. Not to worry, as I wasnít in my zone last night anyway, Iíll get him tonight instead, I'm gonna be on form tonight, preperation is the key. Bag of munchies, tin of beer, kids stuff tidied out of the way, dog sedated (gets in the way of the sensor) and attitude switched to "full on". Iím on pretty much every night to be honest, convincing myself that the other players I see online MUST be adults as itís late (UK time 10pm onwards) and kids would be in bed with associated teddies, transformer toys and a copy of Big Ďní Busty stashed under the mattress. That way I donít feel immature sat in my living room swearing at some pixilated figures on my TV set and breaking down in tears each time I see my XP score at the end of a game.

Level 17 now and running round with a Stauger or whatever itís called, still canít get this hip fire thing though. If someone gets too close it appears my tactic is to aim at the sky and run round in a circle whilst spraying bullets everywhere (watch out pigeons) except at the guy frantically trying to slap me about the head with the butt of his gun. I eventually stop panicking and think about dropping a grenade in my death throes. Just as Iím about to do that ďThwack!Ē Iím dead. It's either that scenario or a really irritating red cross in the middle of the screen telling me that I'm crap and can't even move in any direction unless I relax, aim at the sensor bar and then run like hell. Is it just me that this happens to? Is there a cure?

Yes Iím too old to be this addicted to a game, yes Iím getting a little better, yes Iím of a certain age group (letís just say over 30Öand then some) and no, Iím not going to let that little sod get me again, not againÖÖat least not tonight anyway.

Iíll be back on tonight and no doubt back here tomorrow, might even update this regularly so you guys can either laugh and poke fun or relax in the knowledge thereís someone else out there thatís having the same issues as you.

Itís a stupid game anyway

But Iíll be on again tonight from about 10pm GMT
    Don't worry about the melee thing - it happens to us all ! Have added yer friend code and when my kids are in bed (&not playing legoStarWars3) I too will be on tonight. Cheers - dad 4383-2635-7130 - would be happy to play on your side in a game and watch the pigeons die !!!!!! Damn those flying rats

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Sorry for my immature attitude :x

Mw3 Ally Code: 3086-5107-2720
    Open this to see people's dumbness
    Spoiler Alert!

WHAT THE F*CK!?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheater View Post
    Sorry for my immature attitude :x
    Mate a reply like that makes up for any misunderstanding. Good on ya and apologies if I typed out of turn. It was aimed moreso at ridiculing us "olds" than you guys.

Thanks for replies fellas and lady.
    Will be on tonight but will feel a little weird playing against "dad" but Yeh mate see you online.

Blackecho, dude I was on your team last night for half a game, I joined late, and no word of a lie you were the guy mentioned above...I waved at you, you had no idea who this waving lunatic was and ran off, as I would, and then to add to the rejection some sod shot me in the head Lmao
    GE FC: Carlito 3894 5620 4868
    MW3 AC: Deadlock 2347 6266 8714

Member #
    Friends
    0689-0434-9393-0000
    I remember wondering if that was you, but didn't know if there was more than one Carlito in the game. Went on to show friends later, but you were offline by then. Will definitely be on tonight.

PS. Sorry I didn't recognise the melee as a wave
    Last edited by Blackecho; 05-20-2011 at 12:31 PM.
    56-BlackEcho: 2253 0769 9420: lvl 56

WC Chat: http://www.chatzy.com/946665897589

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Ever find yourself saying WTF I KNOW I HIT THAT MFo FIRST!!! Haha Well as a noob it took me a while to figure out that with Bio-Booster it takes two melee attacks to kill. Whenever I go to melee someone now I make sure and hit them twice no matter what. I use Bio-Booster on almost all my loadouts. When I first got it my KDR doubled

Ads