Like Tree14Likes

Thread: against masty users.

Dok
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5455-6831-9435-8590
    @theguybeforeme

You're throwing out a red herring. My argument is not that the MAsterton is simply better than the shotguns before it, but that it is imbalanced. You're implying the game designers are incapable of error; if that was the case, there'd be no such thing as a bad game. Masterton isn't just good, it's imbalanced.
    (56) - Dok, Dok socute, Dok sobrave
    (29) - Inde

2. Ads

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Dok View Post
    you don't need to resort to ad hominems because my opinion happens to be different than yours, especially since you openly claim to have not played the game.
    Yeah, I misphrased that... I didn't mean to imply you had a short attention span, my apologies for that. I was referring that the thread was already a few pages long. Can't say I'd want to read a thread that long, just to jump into a debate that is relevant to just a video game.

The game designers can and do make mistakes.
    I competitively play both pokemon and (before the Wii broke recently...) Brawl, so trust me, I know how bad game developers can overlook a broken element of a game. From what I've seen and researched into, the Masty and Proxies are in no way overpowered IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by riordan_85 View Post
    personally its a bunch of political in game bullshit that was ruined by having forums that in the beginning set up certain rules that now everyone seems to think is the GE code of conduct.
    Politics ****s up everything it can get it's hands on.

Masterton isn't just good, it's imbalanced.
    Game data pl0x. How much damage does it do? Average range where hipfire/aimed is practical? etc. etc. We can all say it's broken, but unless you're stating why WITH actual values and statistics, not just opinions and cleverly composed sentences, it really means moot.

Quote Originally Posted by MethLepard View Post
    Sorrry man but you should play the game.
    Trust me bro, I would if my Wii wasn't broken.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by riordan_85 View Post
    and for all you N64 players, when you played GE or Perfect Dark did u ever use the slayer?? or the farsight? im sure you did.
    One shot kill crossbow all the way ACE

Dok
    Member #
    Friends
    5455-6831-9435-8590
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Game data pl0x. How much damage does it do? Average range where hipfire/aimed is practical? etc. etc. We can all say it's broken, but unless you're stating why WITH actual values and statistics, not just opinions and cleverly composed sentences, it really means moot.
    The actual game data for the weapons is not at all accurate. For example, the terralite, anova, and ivana all have the same RoF according to the game data, but anyone who's used them knows that the terralite's rate of fire is not even close to the others. The Masterton, like the other shotguns, is capable of killing in one shot, and takes at most two if the shot is poor or if the opponent has bio/reactive. It's an automatic shotgun, even if one has not played the game, it's probably safe to bet that such a weapon is going to be overpowered.

Having played this game for a long time has lead me to conclude that it is simply imbalanced. The consensus view of the community at large seems to be the same (nothing against Wiichat, but the GS/GF has a far larger and more representative community). If this isn't good enough, fine, but I just don't understand why you seem keen on the idea that they are not imbalanced. Are you simply used to people QQing about games and assuming this is just another example of it? I admit that I complain enough and come off as a dick sometimes, but really, you'd have to play the game to know what I'm talking about. :/

Use the Masterton or don't use it; it's your choice. I'm just trying to say that it was a bad idea to put it in the game in the first place.
    (56) - Dok, Dok socute, Dok sobrave
    (29) - Inde

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    The actual game data for the weapons is not at all accurate. For example, the terralite, anova, and ivana all have the same RoF according to the game data, but anyone who's used them knows that the terralite's rate of fire is not even close to the others. The Masterton, like the other shotguns, is capable of killing in one shot, and takes at most two if the shot is poor or if the opponent has bio/reactive. It's an automatic shotgun, even if one has not played the game, it's probably safe to bet that such a weapon is going to be overpowered.
    ... The AA-12 of various CoD games can actually be rather underwhelming, lol.

Blah, looks like I misphrased again. I didn't intend to refer the specs of weapons displayed in-game, that's very often faulty. For example from my own experience, a lot of the charts of weapon data in the game Red Dead Redemption were completely wrong; the 5-bullet clip Carcano Sniper had the highest damage output on it's data chart in-game, but the other bolt action rifle had far more (one-shot kill anywhere on the body), and some other scope-less rifles also deal a bit more damage than it.

I tried (and failed...) to refer to game data extracted directly from the game's programming by people devoted to researching such things, to get actual numbers and the like about weapon characteristics, down to the smallest things like the formula used to decide how the spray of a shotgun works, and how much damage each piece of buckshot does to what parts of the body, i.e. body parts damage multipliers. The CoD community looked really far into this by the time MW2 came into the fray, but perhaps Goldeneye isn't receiving the proper attention... Maybe there isn't any extracted data of Goldeneye yet. =/ If that's the case, that's truly disappointing, since that really leaves this discussion to opinions alone, which is inconclusive.

I hate when others and especially I myself don't have the materials and knowledge to turn a debate to 100% fact based, ugh... Well, this is unfortunate. Oh well.

Having played this game for a long time has lead me to conclude that it is simply imbalanced. The consensus view of the community at large seems to be the same (nothing against Wiichat, but the GS/GF has a far larger and more representative community). If this isn't good enough, fine, but I just don't understand why you seem keen on the idea that they are not imbalanced. Are you simply used to people QQing about games and assuming this is just another example of it? I admit that I complain enough and come off as a dick sometimes, but really, you'd have to play the game to know what I'm talking about. :/
    I've been debating on metagame subjects for years on end, so yes, I typically think the general view of a community is wrong until proven otherwise with raw data and tangible facts. By some miracle, it seems like most of everyone in this thread does know what they're talking about, though. I can say that's a rarity in my experience, and it's nice to see for once.

But yeah, I'm arguing mostly for the sake of the debate itself, to simply find truth in something widely accused of being broken. I hate to say I couldn't reach that end for the first time in awhile...

And yes, everyone who actually played the game has more credit to their word than mine. My own opinion isn't worthless, but it certainly is outweighed by everyone else's. I'm not trying to "win" this debate though, I was trying to steer it into a more logical direction. =)
    MethLepard likes this.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    dok im not saying one way or another that its unbalanced or not. thats not the point of this whole post. i just think its ridiculous for people to constantly bitch about how someone plays the game and what weapons they use. and your replies just further vindicate my arguement about this whole situation.

and zan absolutely the crossbow is devastating. i wish they had more weapons like that. maybe throw in a tranquilizer from PD.
    105 099 862 265

Im not racist!! il shoot anyone.

Member #
    Friends
    Last night I got a ten kill streak against masty users and I used my swiss army knife, and not the main blade, just the fish de-scaler.Joking aside, I don't even like the masty it can be easily beaten if you know what you're doing. I do hate playing against a team of high lvl guys who all use proxies though. Spawn, run, boom, spawn run boom. I do check the areas out but when you have a machine gun going off behind you you can't always take the time to look everywhere for proxies. However, and quite simply, I know I can't change the game or dissuade ppl from using certain weapons by using my Jedi mind powers over the internet, so I have come up with the perfect strategy. If its all getting too much with the mines I'll sod off after the game and play someone else or I'll play harder and focus only on the guys that are bugging me. It's a game, supposed to be entertaining and if I'm not having fun I'll go find my fun in another game.
    GE FC: Carlito 3894 5620 4868
    MW3 AC: Deadlock 2347 6266 8714

Member #
    Friends
    i cant remember what level it is unlocked but minesweeper would stop that, but u better check with dok if that would be an ethical weapon to use first, dont need ppl blasting you for using a gadget that is deemed wrong by the goldeneye ethics board
    105 099 862 265

Im not racist!! il shoot anyone.

Member #
    Friends
    2884-8412-6455-3621
    I have been watching this thread for the past couple of days and so I will stick my ore in and steer this debate into another direction. I do not think that the masty or the proxies are broken at all they are in the game for reason. In my limited experiance most 1st person shooters have a gun that is unlocked late in the game such as the BFG of Doom, however what I do think is broken is the lack of an option to restrict players joining your hosted game to certain guns i.e pistols only, or the feature of extra xp for a level1 player with only a Sigmus to kill a level 56 player with a complete arsenal. This I beleive would even out as the fact that as a level 1 player stuck in a game full of proxies and level 56 using his skill only to stay alive and kill higher levels instead of just the normal 5xp.So I beleive that the real thing is not that people use them weapons but the lack of reward or insentive to continue play when faced with people who just so happened to have been playing longer not always more skillfully not saying that people at that level arent skillful.Btw sorry for the long text with no breaks I do not have a p.c and this is done on my andriod.
    ##Goldeneye##
    USERNAME: E.Coli,
    FRIEND CODE: 3457 7902 0881
    LEVEL: 29+

##Monster Hunter Tri##
    USERNAME: Maximus
    ID: HPJ8GC
    HR:44

Meth Lepard GEFC 1346 297 MethLepard's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8108-7585-8132-1267
    The actual game data for the weapons is not at all accurate. For example, the terralite, anova, and ivana all have the same RoF according to the game data, but anyone who's used them knows that the terralite's rate of fire is not even close to the others.
    I actually think the Terra was supossed to be the avona. The Terralite is way better at hitting opponents far away. It's hard to hit someone at a distance with the avona. The terra just doesn't have the fire power or close range thing going for it. But yeah it is was slower. I acctually want to use the terra but I keep thinking I just got done using that damn thing for like a million levels, I have the avona so it must be a lot better.
    Last edited by MethLepard; 08-12-2011 at 12:18 PM.
    Want to kill me? Golden Eye FC 1346 2972 8747 don't worry I'm not a meth addict.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ads