Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 100% theory

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by trollface View Post
    Ive had this theory for a while but I believe I just confirmed it. The theory is that until you gain all the proficiencies for a new weapon your accuracy is poor and ADS snap barely works.

I just unlocked and maxed proficiency with the Strata yesterday. Over the course of using it I noticed that I could not target very far using ADS until I had gained all the proficiencies. I tested this in the boat room by shooting at the other team by the outdoor stairs using the boat as cover. Before I finished the proficiency I could not target them but as soon as I finished all the proficiencies I could easily target from this position. Hip fire also seems much harder until you're maxed too.

If you don't believe me try this. First play a match using the Stauger with laser using an account with full Stauger proficiencies. Next play a match under a brand new account using the preset "Close Quarters" loadout which has a Stauger with laser. You should notice a huge difference.
    Your hipothesis sounds well thought up, I'll try it.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Egozilla View Post
    I tell you what I think you've experienced with the ADS issue, Troll. I have noticed that when my connection is really fast my ADS works like a champ. Find someone, snap on and it follows. Bang, we have a dead enemy. On the other hand, when it's slow and I use ADS it will aim beside the individual and then follow them while missing with the majority of shots. Also, I did notice it happened more since I have achieved a higher level but I estimate that is due to one thing - I'm better than I was and I have better weapons. So, I don't die as much and I am used to doing the killing not the other way around.

Now, if you would like to join my science class "Theories vs Hypothesis" have open enrollment starting in a week. Heh.
    Damn trolled again... This isn't over

You and your science blah blah blah... Oh look at me I just broke the light speed barrier! Blah Blah Blah... What? by .01% ??? lol I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, bitch!

Hahaha You better come up with something equally hilarious or I win.

Yep I did notice last night in a somewhat laggy match that ADS, as well as everything else was bumpy as hell. I couldnt hit a thing and anytime Id lock on it broke away... I too thought the same thing, still kinda do, that I was just getting better with my new weapon but I still dont know... Maybe its just me and that's why I started this thread hoping maybe a few helpful players would try out my experiment.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Greene413 View Post
    Your hipothesis sounds well thought up, I'll try it.
    Finally! Thanks Green! Awaiting your conclusion.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Thanks for the tips. The LAOD trick is funny as hell! I knew you guys did this on purpose but I have managed on many attempts & fully aware of the impending explosion to mow down the guy with the Masty run over and pick it up and keep running, surviving the frag. Ive even managed to run and pick it up from a corner turn around and haul ass outa there with barely enough life left to stay on my feet... I do die often enough to make it barely worth it but I always still have to try.

I thought the thermal was going to be huge game changer and tactically, it has a great advantage but unfortunately I am colorblind and it doesnt work out well for me esp in Outpost or whenever the background does not contrast. I know I have to keep moving if there are good players but holy shit its pretty rare to play against someone like you who just doesnt stop looking EVER...

Ill probably keep going... But I think I need a change soon.

Member #
    Friends
    Finally! Thanks Green! Awaiting your conclusion.
    I actually didnt see much difference, but when i mentioned it to some of the members of my clan, some of them said its true.
    I guess i'm not that good at seeing differences.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Greene413 View Post
    I actually didnt see much difference, but when i mentioned it to some of the members of my clan, some of them said its true.
    I guess i'm not that good at seeing differences.
    Inconclusive... Damn... Hey thanks a lot, you didnt have to go out of your way like that but it is very much appreciated. You said you didnt notice "much difference", but you did notice a slight difference or am I interpreting this wrong? I think your skill level would have a big rol. If youre really good you probably wouldnt notice, if youre a total loser at this game like me well... Its a big difference for me.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    OK Ive done some research... It aint easy but I have found some clues but I still have a hell of a lot of Qs.

First I found out that Goldeneye uses the same engine as COD 3. Ive never played COD 3 so I cant verify from experience but I did find that in COD3 proficiencies DO add skill with proficiency gained. Such as:

Please find below the complete list of MW3 proficiencies:
    • Kick - Reduced recoil
    • Range - Increased range
    • Attachments - Equip 2 attachments to the weapon
    • Focus - Reduced flinch when shot
    • Melee - Faster melee
    • Stability - Reduced sway
    • Impact - Great bullet penetration through walls
    • Speed - Faster movement w/ weapon equipped
    • Damage - Shells do more damage (Shotgun only)
    As far as I can tell each time you get a proficiency with a weapon, these are skills you gain permanetly. Anyway you can read about it here:
    http://callofduty-8-modernwarfare-3....ency-detailed/

Hmmmm.... Interesting right? But if they did include this in Goldeneye why the hell wouldnt they TELL US??? I mean **** this is something we should know about right?...

Anyway Im not saying this is proof of anything but it is interesting...

Member #
    Friends
    Damn trolled again... This isn't over

You and your science blah blah blah... Oh look at me I just broke the light speed barrier! Blah Blah Blah... What? by .01% ??? lol I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, bitch!

Hahaha You better come up with something equally hilarious or I win.
    You sound like one of those dark ages the world is coming to en end because I read the Bible and I know Gods will sort of guys. I do believe you need to stop drinking the cool aid and come to grips with reality. The world is not ending this October and it is not ending in December either. Well, maybe YOUR world is ending the second you step foot into a game I am playing. I will shoot your ass down and trample your corpse!

Yep I did notice last night in a somewhat laggy match that ADS, as well as everything else was bumpy as hell. I couldnt hit a thing and anytime Id lock on it broke away... I too thought the same thing, still kinda do, that I was just getting better with my new weapon but I still dont know... Maybe its just me and that's why I started this thread hoping maybe a few helpful players would try out my experiment.
    I was in a game today where the connection speed was outstanding. It was a BB and most everyone was 40 or lower. After running out of ammo for my Masterton I picked up some guys Stauger and went after everyone. There was a moment in a corridor when there were three guys shooting at the BB directly in front of me. I snapped ADS and got all three - after I got the first guy the gun switched aim to the second and then to the third guy. BAM, BAM BAM and they were all dead. I've been in similar situation when the game was lagging a bit and it will not do this. My guess is that it all has to do with game speed on your end.
    Goldeneye FC - 3450 7897 2575

Member: AoW Clan
    (Rogue General with the Masterton and Proxies)

Member #
    Friends
    Troll, I just saw your location and realized that you are in Colorado. Now I see the problem you are having. High altitude has leached your brain of oxygen and you are suffering from a deficient brain - or possibly no brain at all.

I'm gonna try to remember to add you to my friends list tonight.
    Goldeneye FC - 3450 7897 2575

Member: AoW Clan
    (Rogue General with the Masterton and Proxies)

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    The Troll is strong with this one. Classic! Attack my faith (assuming I have any) and either way Ill be pissed. I see what you did there. I can play along... In the world of the Troll there is no fence.

God Damned hippy liberal Evolutionist! Its you and your kind that are ruining this once great nation! How's that hopey changey working out for yah? You like getting f***ed by that big black dick? Oh you like it don't you? Hope you like it cause that's what Hell is going to be for you and your kind hundreds of floppy dongs raping your every orifice for all eternity.

O_0 Damn that was highly offensive... Conservative redneck FTW!

Anyway you're probably right. Did you catch that previous post? The one about COD3 above. Id like to hear your thoughts on it if you have any.

Ads